Losing radar contact shortly after launch.

ultrablue2258

Title says it all.

Whenever i shoot a S530D the missile always loses it track after ~15-20 seconds of flight time. I follow the same steps every time.

1. Lock

2. Fire when in the critical engagement range

3. Follow the intercept marker

4. Lose radar track

5. Try to reacquire with the Dogfight buttons

6. Launch 2nd 530 hit the target

7. RTB/ die

My start up procedure is the basic one so that might be why, also i don't mess with the radar control panel at the left elbow.

What am I doing wrong? Is there any setting/ switch i should have enabled?

Title says it all.

Whenever i shoot a S530D the missile always loses it track after ~15-20 seconds of flight time. I follow the same steps every time.

1. Lock

2. Fire when in the critical engagement range

3. Follow the intercept marker

4. Lose radar track

5. Try to reacquire with the Dogfight buttons

6. Launch 2nd 530 hit the target

7. RTB/ die

My start up procedure is the basic one so that might be why, also i don't mess with the radar control panel at the left elbow.

What am I doing wrong? Is there any setting/ switch i should have enabled?

Remember that the other aircraft, AI or human driven, will do everything it can to lose radar lock. Check the B Angle value and try to keep it below 90 degrees.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Where's the "B angle"?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

14516341_1116273921792578_203987405054882212_n.jpg?oh=beed686b43ffde2c89be3d0b1f81656e&oe=594DD321

The number at the end of the target speed vector is the B Angle or the angle made by the target's vector and yours.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

So in your case it's 10°?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

Yes. In the sample it is 10º.

in terms of a triangle the B angle is the hypotenuse?

The angle marked B, that is the B angle.

1635465977_b_angle2.jpg.6d571c6d681eafd4579879ce90961591.jpg

So it is like/ is the intercept angle?

It is used as such. But it is measured FROM the target TO your aircraft.

Ok cool.

So in order to have a chance of hitting someone with the 530D keep the B angle below 90° and fire within the critical kill zone, and just hope luck is on your side?

Basically, yes.

Ok cool.

So in order to have a chance of hitting someone with the 530D keep the B angle below 90° and fire within the critical kill zone, and just hope luck is on your side?

When the target is putting your radar in 3/ 9 o'clock position, this is beaming maneuver.

If you manage to keep your target in look up situation (above you), you will defeat the beaming maneuver. So even if B = 90 you won't loose lock.

On the opposite, if you want to "beam" the enemy aircraft you must be below him to break his lock.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Honestly I love the Mirage 2000C but I can't find good information about the RADAR functions/designations. The manual also does not provide the clue, probably for being beta and not fully implemented yet, but, is there any manual/document that can provide more insight about the RADAR?

Thank you.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Honestly I love the Mirage 2000C but I can't find good information about the RADAR functions/designations. The manual also does not provide the clue, probably for being beta and not fully implemented yet, but, is there any manual/document that can provide more insight about the RADAR?

Thank you.

+1, so the question is : when the manual will be updated ?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

The radar uses the doppler effect, in order to reject static object (ground, ground vehicle, birds...) there is a rejection criteria based on a minimum differential velocity.

When the target is below, the threshold is higher in order to reject ground clutter, that's the reason why it is easier to loose lock.

When the target is higher (radar looking up), the threshold is lower because there is not ground clutter (no ground camo), the lock is harder to break.

Am I right ?

If it's right, does DCS and M2000C take into account such realistic behavior (it looks like complicated) ?

The radar uses the doppler effect, in order to reject static object (ground, ground vehicle, birds...) there is a rejection criteria based on a minimum differential velocity.

When the target is below, the threshold is higher in order to reject ground clutter, that's the reason why it is easier to loose lock.

When the target is higher (radar looking up), the threshold is lower because there is not ground clutter (no ground camo), the lock is harder to break.

Am I right ?

If it's right, does DCS and M2000C take into account such realistic behavior (it looks like complicated) ?

Overall yes that's it. You won't loose lock because of target maneuvers in look up position.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Surely the answer must be "in 2 more weeks".

Space is not free. If you don't gabe anything useful to say then don't write anything at all.

Does anyone have any document, manual about the Mirage 2000C RADAR?

Specially the description of RADAR symbology.

Sent from Tapatalk.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

i saw the tittle from the "recents" and said "Mmm. surely is talking about M2KC lol.

noob questions incoming:

Ive read some of yuo talking about "shapes" and "throwing shapes"... im really new to aircraft sims so i dont know anything about this...

what is it? doing shapes is moving the plane in ... "shapes?"... does it help with a radar lock?? got no idea. pls explain me

Ty all! btw... i always lose radar lock with the mirage while the missile is in the air... too sad.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10