The Mig feels like a fighter again

Geezer66

Thank you... We did as much as we could in short time, including the SF patching. Hopefully, things will settle down and further improve in next several weeks.

more good was done for the mig-21 in this last patch than all the patches of 2016, that's for sure. the future is looking bright.

Some issue , before the patch whenever i used to damage the LG during the short take off , could feel the effect of drag weight if one of the gear was out, just tried right now on the AO server , during the short take off i hit ground effect and the LG would not retract , did not notice any effect on the aircraft ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

during the short take off i hit ground effect and the LG would not retract , did not notice any effect on the aircraft ?

Please submit the bug report so we can replicate and test.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please submit the bug report so we can replicate and test.

I still need to check it again Dolphin, earlier it was way effective in showing the drag caused due to LG damage with the gear out.

There are a few abnormalities that I am seeing but I am not really sure if it is due to my stick. In Xplane the stick works fine so does in the other modules of DCS except in the Mig.

As I said I still need to check doing a few flights and will file the bug.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

I usually don't bother with the openbeta either but I've owned the Mig since December of 2014 and it's been a long wait to get a lot of things fixed I just couldn't hold out until the fixes make it to the release version.

The only thing this module is lacking now is content. Unless you are into multiplayer, there is little to do. I get jealous when I see the BFM/AFM campaigns for the F-5, the Baltic Dragon campaign for the Mirage, Red Flag for the A10/F15...:(

So in the meantime, I try to create my own simple missions. I do love trying to use gci to intercept and survive against AI F-16's and F-18's with amraams. I usually try to set up a decoy flight to keep the hornets and falcons attention while I try to zoom up behind them with my radar off. I watch the spo and if they discover me and turn into me I try to drag them back over a base where I have put sam's. It's a lot of fun but getting a bit old. Also, would love to see improved GCI even more than something like a dynamic campaign. I think that would add a lot of realism to DCS.

Sorry for rambling.

Don't worry, you're on the right of ramblin, especially after your case... and yes, they could put more attention in the fishbed...

the yaw is hyper sensitive once i leave the ground ! anyone noticed ?

Yes, and I think this is causing the broken landing gear some people have experienced.

On one landing I had a blowout, watched the replay to see what happened and just as I touched down the side slip indicator went all the way to the left.

Adjusted rudder curve and all is well again. :thumbup:

Got back to DCS after ½ year break just in time to try the release version of Mig 21 FM and it kind of reminded me of the times when each rearm/refuel would add weight/drag of already spent ordnance/fuel each time, i.e. the plane would fly like a molasses.

The new openbeta FM however is very lively and imo great way to get the Mig21 back where it rightfully belongs. Maybe some tweaks will follow like perhaps the roll inertia, but I believe Dolphin and the rest of team to keep up the good work as always, knowing what to fix and what to leave as is.

For the first time I had to apply the input curves for the roll axis, ever! That speaks for itself, ha! Also noticed that the front wheel is a bit more sensitive to damage, but if you keep up the nose up after touchdown and let it set down with care, all is good.

Cheers again for the update.

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

+1 This is a fantastic patch! The FM feels better than ever. Using 1-2 or 3-4 to shoot two missiles at the same time really cool. The module runs buttery smooth on my system, and the AA gunsight seems to work much better. Great work!

Just recognized this the first time. Did I miss something here, or is it irelevant which AA position is set to fire IR or radar missiles? Sometimes it shoot one and another time two rails. Bit confused here, because I'm used to activate the equivalent slot together with the supported targeting mode.

Just recognized this the first time. Did I miss something here, or is it irelevant which AA position is set to fire IR or radar missiles? Sometimes it shoot one and another time two rails. Bit confused here, because I'm used to activate the equivalent slot together with the supported targeting mode.

The weapons selector works as it is intended now. Its more of a priority selector rather than an off on switch. Heres an example:

Plane loaded with 2x R3R on stations 1 and 2, 4x R60 on stations 3 and 4. You put the IR/SAR switch on SAR, and the weapons selector knob to station 1. In this configuration, the plane will fire 1 R3R when the weapons release is pressed. Press it again, it will fire the other. Once there are no more radar missles left, the plane automatically selects the R60 and goes into IR mode without touching anything. No more hitting switches and turning the knob to fire different missles. You want to salvo fire both rails, you select the 1-2 position, or the 3-4 position.

Yep the mig-21 flys well again, doesn't need to use half its fuel just to accelerate to 1000kph ias anymore, the roll rate is crazy (i think too much), plus it bleeds energy a lot slower in a normal 20° aoa turn.

Edited by Hadwell

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, and I think this is causing the broken landing gear some people have experienced.

On one landing I had a blowout, watched the replay to see what happened and just as I touched down the side slip indicator went all the way to the left.

Adjusted rudder curve and all is well again. :thumbup:

What curve settings have to got now ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

So... now that it can pull tight hammerheads at the top of a stall, anyone got any advice on how to do this without getting a flameout?

I would suggest you slowly pull back on the throttle as you approach stall speed. By the time you stall you should be on idle. When you fall and accelerate back down in the vertical slowly push the throttle back to whatever position you want it to be. If you do this correctly you should be able to avoid a flameout.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I would like to express that I am too pleased by the new update. In case you have not noticed yet, now an IR missile can lock on the Sun. This is a great immersion.

I thought that change came like a year ago. You should be able to evade IR missile by flying toward sun so it will lock on it instead your afterburner.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Does IR/SARH switch override a pylon selector or other way around? And does radar being standby override anything (ie, can missiles still be launched).

Does IR/SARH switch override a pylon selector or other way around? And does radar being standby override anything (ie, can missiles still be launched).

IR/Neutral/SARH overrides the pylon selector:

Neutral: pylon selector

IR: IR priority

SARH: SARH (R3R) priority.

AG ordenance and IR missiles can be launched with radar in standby mode.

• Like 1

IR/Neutral/SARH overrides the pylon selector:

Neutral: pylon selector

IR: IR priority

SARH: SARH (R3R) priority.

AG ordenance and IR missiles can be launched with radar in standby mode.

Thanks! Makes a lot sense when you stated it that way.

Today I grabbed a quick 45 mins to take her out on a run on the cold war server, what a blast! I much much much prefer the way this handles now, more like a nimble little plane now which is great!

Also IR missiles lock much easier and the gunpods are back! Yay

I like the new maneuverability as well but I am not sure if it is going to be permanent.

1.5.6.xxxxx Update 2 - TBD

• Adjusted suspension dampers to be more rigid.
  • Adjusted flaps’ drag coefficients.
  • Adjusted pitch, roll, and yaw stability.
  • Fixed RSBN, PRMG, SAU automatic landing modes, causing unwanted oscillation.
  • Fixed landing/taxi light inputs.
  • Added inputs to silent ARC/RSBN signals.

Not sure what the third bullet would mean.