The Mig feels like a fighter again

Geezer66

The roll rate at high speed is probably not going to change a whole lot, as it's pretty accurate at the moment.

"Stability" refers to the aircraft's response to inertial and aerodynamic upsets, ie how much it rolls when rudder is applied, how strongly it pitches down in response to increased AoA, etc.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

.....Also, the old nose wheel steering is back it seems.

That's true. And why is that? Feels horribly unrealistic! Why can't it be adjusted to work like in the MiG-15 or L-39? :joystick:

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!

That's true. And why is that? Feels horribly unrealistic! Why can't it be adjusted to work like in the MiG-15 or L-39? :joystick:

I distinctly remember noticing this behavior in early 2016, when I first got it, so it's not new. At the time I assumed it was a very weak power cylinder going to the nose wheel or residual pressure in the brakes.

The roll rate at high speed is probably not going to change a whole lot, as it's pretty accurate at the moment.

I beg to differ. I've tried the Mig over the weekend and there is absolutely no roll inertia. Im not disputing its top roll speed, but it seems to roll at the same rate regardless of airspeed and angle of attack. It is also extremely responsive, as if its ailerons move instantaneously. This is clearly not the case in the real Mig21, and I think that Dolphin even acknowledged that this is something that they didn't have time to tweak properly for the last patch. (They were focused on the Starforce issues).

So expect a tweak to the insane roll rate.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I beg to differ. I've tried the Mig over the weekend and there is absolutely no roll inertia. Im not disputing its top roll speed, but it seems to roll at the same rate regardless of airspeed and angle of attack. It is also extremely responsive, as if its ailerons move instantaneously. This is clearly not the case in the real Mig21, and I think that Dolphin even acknowledged that this is something that they didn't have time to tweak properly for the last patch. (They were focused on the Starforce issues).

I'm gonna point to the F-5 again, at high speed it feels a lot like the MiG does now.

The roll rate and inertia at low speed definitely need some work though.

This is clearly not the case in the real Mig21, and I think that Dolphin even acknowledged that this is something that they didn't have time to tweak properly for the last patch. (They were focused on the Starforce issues).

Yes, this issues is acknowledged by Dolphin and the team, will be fixed in the next patch. I asked him about that :pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

I have to record a video concerning the landing pattern, approach and landing. I have impression majority of users are thought to do it wrong.

I'll try to do it following week, for the Open Beta.

oh please do!!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.