# 7 Stone Shield 1 tough nut

GazAce

Hey all, anyone recall mission 7 Stone Shield "Suppression", two pesky Rotors, some Sams and a long Tank and Artillery convoy. Man I been stuck on this for days now, done it 20 x. And there's no option to radio your wingman a request to help with the Helos, only Artillery and Sams which I thought was a bit weird. I've managed a few times to take out the Helos but it seems you have to destroy all the of what's in the column and also sometimes there's this weird thing that happens.. a sound as if you fail the mission but it doesn't say that it says only a mesg saying "G.....URRRRRRRRRR" I think that's right, like what the hell?! I dunno. Any tips, much appreciated, actually no! will pay money.. desperate here helpsmilie.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

• 2 weeks later...

It's a bit difficult to work this mission out but here's how I did it...

You get the "G.....URRRRRRRRRR" radio call if the two hinds take out too much of your ground element. To complete the mission, I gave the wingman the complete mission goals command. I think that was it. As he was engaging the convoy, I took out the hinds.

The enemy's convoy and the hinds have to be taken out, without too much of the allied convoy being destroyed, for the mission to be completed.

Hey, I remember this mission to be quite difficult as well. I think what I did was, sent my wingman to take care of the convoy and I focused on the helos. Not a big fan of searching helos without radar though

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks heaps fellas, that's the way I did it actually. I completed Stone Shield and it was such a great campaign but only 15 missions.. too short. I'm so stuck in Georgian Hammer campaign.. mission Push 9-1 and also completely locked in The Enemy Within: Operation Hammerfall part 3 .. it's that night mission where you smash into mountains wearing night viz goggles.. sooo dam hard this one. Anyway if anyone can recall how to get through any of these, I would be much obliged. The Hammerfall mission your advised to take or already loaded with GBUs but I'm not understanding how you can use them when the cloud cover is between around 10000ft and 12000. The whole mission completely escapes me and I think I'm into my second week now of failing both of them and I fly every day *sigh*. Still, totally loving the HAWG and my TM HOTAS Throttle n Stick. I have no life and I like it :o) Oh and I've been checking out Bunyap Sims On The Range uTube clips, man that guy is awesome! If your reading this Bunyap, thanks a bunch, I've finally got the Mavs and Laser GBUs down pat and also big thanks to help from kind souls in this lobby. Well, back to smashing into mountains I guess.

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

• 1 month later...