Next map after Hormuz

AegisFX

I'd love a North Atlantic map like the one is SF2: North Atlantic

My dream is for the whole world one day but it's doubtful that will happen :(

More of a wishlist but ehh - personally I'd much rather all available resources go into replacing all the old models and stuff, getting the new Caucuses map out and getting 2.5 out.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I feel like an expanded NTTR including more parts of the Western US would be great. That region certainly has something for everyone.

But that's more a wishlist item than "what are they gonna do?", I suppose.

Lord of Salt

Anywhere that does not have a desert climate. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The map itself doesn’t mean much if there are no units to fill it in.

1. WWII - obviously Normandy is under development but besides of it a lot of player modules are already available while the AI is being created. Not much of a reason for another WW2 European theater at the moment, however extending size of Normandy map would be much welcome. Pacific would be also great but I don't foresee it before more planes and modules (carriers) are developed. Priority for it might also depend on success of Normandy.

2. Korea, for a 50's scenario map there is pretty much nothing apart of MiG-15 and Sabre. No other player modules nor AI units.

3. Vietnam. Probably makes a lot of sense as already a number of modules from the era (MiG-21, Huey, Mi-8, F-5) or close to it are available while some are in development (MiG-19). There are however some “big” representatives of the ear as F-4 that are missing nor officially confirmed to be planned. Would also require a lot of new AI.

5. Fulda Gap would be the best provided that map is of an appropriate size. IMO too early for it at the moment.

6. Strait of Hormuz under development other Middle East maps would be too similar.

Anyway, whichever map we'll get IMO more emphasis should be put on two points:

1. Completeness of the scenario. Simulating overall environment of the theaters would bring DCS to another level, allowing to fly full fidelity modules in real scenarios.

2. Size of the maps should be bigger. It would be better to get one larger map than than two of current size.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all