Showing off my Obutto R3v pit.

So, after a lot of hard work unboxing/unwrapping and putting the thing together as well as moving my old desk out of my office.. I finally have a worthy simpit.

It isn't as pretty as what some of you guys have done with your homebuilt pits.. but.. this is so much better than the setup I was trying to sim with before. Ergonomically its better.. and the r3v just seemed more and more practical the more I looked into it with the amount of peripherals I have. I have extra mounting posts I'm going to try to build something to mount them to for switching between my Hog and MSFFB2, as well as for having options to store my stuff easily and not on the floor when I don't feel like simming. I also plan to get the tabletop accessories.. as my x34 is just too big to allow for a display to be attached to the steering wheel mount. I don't have my touchscreen yet anyway so.. this will be a future addition.

I love this thing.. I never had room for my g13 before. >.< I'm also a fairly big guy at 5'11 3/4" and 225lbs, and the seat is pretty freaking comfortable.. and they threw in a little head pillow. The lumbar support is better than my older reclining office char and even with my feet on the pedals my thighs are still planted in the seat offering support by taking some weight off my spine. (which is important as I've had back surgery on the disc between my l4/l5 vertabra a couple years ago. My bum right shoulder loves me for this purchase too.. I don't have to stretch or reach for anything.

Here are a couple pics =D The first with the warthog stick in place, the second with my beloved msffb2. Also I'd like to give a shoutout to Velcro and zip ties.. as they made this process so much easier. I may invest in a steering wheel/pedals some day.. so.. velcro seemed the best route for my Xwinds.

IMAG0001.thumb.jpg.60c5dd299aa0f549fc4cc4e2a1953283.jpg

IMAG0002.thumb.jpg.1353f69b2f7dd4c6cc06db0225c2262c.jpg

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Congrats! I also love my obutto (sameone as you) its just so different to the normal setup:pilotfly:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Congrats! I also love my obutto (sameone as you) its just so different to the normal setup:pilotfly:

Thanks!. Just got done with a few test flights and just wow.. if I pay attention to the walls of my office in my peripheral vision I get disoriented and am glad I've never been one to suffer from motion sickness.

Having solid surfaces to mount stick/throttle to rather than the wobbly ikea tables I cut down and mounted to a piece of plywood with my rudder pedals is so wonderful I'm not sure how I managed before. Same with the seat not trying to move with me when I move with TrackIR.

So far central stick feels great.. although the stick mount i put the msffb2 on is a bit of a tight fit. But, the cold steel on the warmest part of my body is honestly slightly comforting. :music_whistling: The base of the ms stick presses into my thighs just a bit but kinda makes me feel locked in for flight and doesn't hinder my ability to use pedals.

I didn't expect this thing to enhance the immersion factor so largely.. what a pleasant surprise.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Nice !

Enjoy :)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Thats a lovely setup. I imagine you just need a Rift to finish it off for ultimate immersion:thumbup:

Thanks. :) No VR for me anytime soon. I think several things would have to happen for me to make that leap. I'd have to somehow be able to see all of my various gaming peripherals without lifting the headset up... like some kind of slider that lets me switch from seeing the world outside to not. StarVR would have to be finished.. and machines that could run at its high resolution smoothly enough for VR would need to become way less in price. Heh. TrackIR and my x34 will probably last me a long time yet. Which, this viewing angle seems to have improved my ability to see things in the air and on the ground for some reason.

My biggest concern regarding VR is that I have way to many keys/buttons/switches to fumble with to not be able to see them. That being said.. I think the best thing to raise my immersion level would be a 17-19" touchscreen and helios so I can see gauges with eyeball movement rather than head movement. ;) I have an iPad I've been using the free iControl for a-10C with but the mfcd's lag.. and I was hoping for just a CDU on the iPad (but not for $30), which I might be able to work out with airwaves and helios.

And thanks to BitMaster as well. ;)

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

So far central stick feels great.. although the stick mount i put the msffb2 on is a bit of a tight fit. But, the cold steel on the warmest part of my body is honestly slightly comforting. :music_whistling: The base of the ms stick presses into my thighs just a bit but kinda makes me feel locked in for flight and doesn't hinder my ability to use pedals.

I actually modified the Stick metal support, precisely because it was too close towards me. It was done by a welder.

Now I'm in the process of changing my triple monitor setup to a 6k triple monitor setup, lets see maybe I have to just stay with 4K.:)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=185574

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

I actually modified the Stick metal support, precisely because it was too close towards me. It was done by a welder.

Now I'm in the process of changing my triple monitor setup to a 6k triple monitor setup, lets see maybe I have to just stay with 4K.:)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=185574

lol 6k.. man if you can run that thing with decent FPS you'd be able to handle StarVR no prob.

Thanks for mentioning your mod to the center stick. I have extra posts that were meant for the side of the chair which would put it further forward but honestly I think the post holding my msffb2 could stand to be a couple inches taller and be fine. The warthog stick mount just fits the circlular part of the stick so that fits between my legs without an issue. (.. who knew peripherals could sound so dirty)

Spoiler