[REPORTED]/[MERGED] Roll Oscillation w/ AP Alt Hold - 1.5.6.3690.269

Scotch75

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Autopilot and landing speed in A10C

Please help as I am still new to this and trying to learn.

1. When anchoring, I set the "Alt" autopilot, go to full throttle and start my turn then engage the autopilot. All goes well but then the aircraft starts to "wander" and eventually is all over the place? What I am doing wrong or is this a bug?

2. Sometimes when coming into land, my speed reduces to 50 knots and master alarm goes off but not on the cockpit display? Again am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

I have an i7 4.00GHZ with 32 Gig RAM and Saitek X52 controllers on Windows 10

Many thanks for your help anyone.

Alan

2. When you have landed and still on the runway the mastercaution goes on for one or two seconds and a message apears on both screens. This is normal.

1. Not sure what you discribe here. Sorry

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

2. Sometimes when coming into land, my speed reduces to 50 knots and master alarm goes off but not on the cockpit display? Again am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Do you mean while you are still airborne, or after touchdown?

In any case, 50 knots is the lowest reliable airspeed that the system provides. Everything below will be shown as 50 knots in the HUD as well as in the airspeed indicator.

If it happens while you're still airborne, the most common cause besides battle damage is pitot tube icing. Switch on pitot heat to prevent the pitot tube from icing over.

Wobbly Yaw in the Hog?

Not sure if this has been reported on already, but I've also noticed (in addition to Att Hold inop.) there is more yawing oscillations, most noticeable when lining up on a target. Did the FM get changed?

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

The Yaw SAS doesn't appear to be functioning properly. It's not keeping the plane coordinated as it should.

Okay, so the SAS channel got broken in the last update I guess? Did anyone experiment with turning it off in the cockpit? Does it make a difference?

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

// Multiple Threads Merged

// New Posts Made in 2010 Thread Moved from 2010 Discussion to Current Discussion.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hi, same problem with "ALT" autopilot, at CAUCASUS and NEVADA.

Waiting for update... :joystick:

DCS Wishlist:

• DCS: A-10C 2: new suite, flight and system improvements. fix no real things. To include new features. Some real love.

I understand but there are a large number of players that go to work for 10 hour days then may go home and fire up DCS to let off some steam, they let the updater do its thing, then find out they were supposed to do some background work to get their MiG-21 to work. I don't have much time to read changelogs and various facebook pages. Perhaps a dialog box when running the updater that shows a link to that post in the forums before I updated would have been nice. I'm not trying to complain here, just trying to offer some other alternatives to make sure people don't accidentally mess something up just because they didn't look in the forums before letting the auto-update run.

When you launch the updater, there is a "view changelog" link

Also, AP ALT Oscillation should be fixed in today's update.

updater_ch.jpg.a319e978d3f169fe247ce2919b4f87bb.jpg

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Great news, "ALT" autopilot bug was solved in the Caucasus today update (Update 2).

:lol:

Waiting for NEVADA update...

DCS Wishlist:

• DCS: A-10C 2: new suite, flight and system improvements. fix no real things. To include new features. Some real love.

Patience, children. They never update 1.5 and 2.0 at the same time.

Few weeks ago, they did exactly that.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Glad to hear! Does ED ever say what the problem was? Just curious

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

The Auto Pilot bug seems to be fixed in 1.5, but I still think the plane feels sluggish, like the center of gravity is way to far back. There seems to be more swaying after executing a sharp maneuver.
That's not good. If it's anything like 2.0 ot makes proper employment harder than it should. Hopefully ED won't simply patch the hole in the AP without fixing the underlying FM issues.