OT: FSX system requiremnets

EscCtrl

I was thinking of buying FSX but everywhere i read about it people always complain about the lack of playability due to needing a 'super computer'

Although the demo runs fine for me i also heard the demo isnt representational of the real game so would anyone happen to know how well it would run on my system?

E6600 @ 3.2GHz

Gigabyte DS3

Sapphire Radeon x1900xt

1Gb RAM

Thanks

It will be ok as long you stay away from those "high" settings :megalol:

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

You really need 2GB's of RAM for FSX. Also if you got a little bit of money to burn, I highly recommend Nvidia's Geforce 8800. For $660 you should be able to play FSX without any problems on the highest settings, and then when the Direct X10 patch comes out, you can upgrade to Windows Vista and enjoy the DX10 features. :D

You really need 2GB's of RAM for FSX. Also if you got a little bit of money to burn, I highly recommend Nvidia's Geforce 8800. For $660 you should be able to play FSX without any problems on the highest settings, and then when the Direct X10 patch comes out, you can upgrade to Windows Vista and enjoy the DX10 features. :D

Highest settings? You must be kidding right?

Voodoo PC Omen Intel Core 2 Duo QX6800 @3.8Ghz / 2 x nVidia GeForce 8800GTX in SLI

has about 18 FPS with highest settings!:D

0,1425,sz=1&i=146078,00.gif

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

I have everything on medium, with the exception of aircraft, maximum settings on those. I usually hover around 20 or 30 fps at low resolution, but I am still doing some tweaking.

A8N-SLI 939

3800 X2 64

nVidia 7800GTX (SLI)

2GB Corsair DDR400 Memory

Western Digital 230 GB HDD

Windows XP SP2

AMD FX-60 here with 2 Gigs of nice OCZ RAM and XFX 7800 GTX 512.

And FSX is a real pain. Up to now I regret having bought it. You have to turn everything so much down to achieve somewhat acceptable FPS, that it looks like FS2004 and still has worse FPS.

Guess that may change with Vista and DX10, but, on the other hand, this will also demand a new graphics card. :(

I was so lucky with my rig and LockOn, and now FSX comes out and Blck Shark is going to come (and surely eat some more resources than FC) - bah, I hate these annual hardware upgrades (and don't ask my wife about that :music_whistling: )

You know it cracks me up.

Everyone going - I need 6 gazillion gigs of Ram, 200 core cpu running at 20 ghz and 6 dx10 graphics cards running in SLI.

Then i take a look at the minimum specs written on the FSX cover.........:megalol:

Crikeys Micro$oft must be thinking we are all stupid !!!!!

FSX has problems.... Big problems. It should not need the amount of tweaks it does to get it running on computers that make the minimum specs requirements look like a commodore c64

Nice one M$. Too bad you didn't release it in april. Would have been a great April fools joke !!!!

Buuuwahahahahahahahaha !

Pricks !!! :mad:

I was thinking of buying FSX but everywhere i read about it people always complain about the lack of playability due to needing a 'super computer'

Although the demo runs fine for me i also heard the demo isnt representational of the real game so would anyone happen to know how well it would run on my system?

E6600 @ 3.2GHz

Gigabyte DS3

Sapphire Radeon x1900xt

1Gb RAM

Thanks

Yes I'm going to have to upgrade ...

My system is 2 yrs old ...

AMD 64 3200

Asus K8V SE Deluxe

XFX 6800 Ultra 256

I Gig RAM

Antec 480W True Blue

Track IR 4

I'm running FSX on...

Graphic: Ultra High

Aircraft: High

Scenery: High

Weather: Med High

Traffic: Very Low

These settings are some what acceptable without TIR 4

With TIR 4 this sim becomes a little unstable, but I don't know if I want to lower the settings down any more then this. IMO its not worth the effort to try and run this on lower settings.

I'm going to wait until Vista gets released and replace the processor, mother board and GPU and I'll be adding 2 gigs of memory at that time...

So that should be around Jan. 30th 2007....

And I'm still researching what hardware I'll be getting at that time.. I do know that this time around I'm going with Intel Dual core for my processor, but I'm staying with NVidia and Asus...

Anyway I'm fine for the moment, and I think that its a better option to wait for the upgrade..

As far as your system EscCtrl, you should be good but you might consider adding another GIG of RAM....

Also you might want to go to http://www.Simhq.com and check out BeachAv8r report on FSX his system is similar to yours...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR