IFF/SIF control panel? Also question about the armament.

Cpt. Weber

The IFF switch to turn the system on is functional but nothing else as far as i know. This is a known limitation with all DCS modules.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

The IFF switch to turn the system on is functional but nothing else as far as i know. This is a known limitation with all DCS modules.

But it has no effect, does it? I mean, if you turn it off other aircraft can still interrogate you and get a response (which shouldn't be that way of course).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The power switch will affect *your* ability to interrogate other aircraft. Sometimes I forget to turn it on during my startup and regret it later on when i get in the middle of a furball.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

The power switch will affect *your* ability to interrogate other aircraft. Sometimes I forget to turn it on during my startup and regret it later on when i get in the middle of a furball.

I thought the F-5 has no interrogation capability? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Please post screenshots of the radar scope showing the difference between friendly and non-friendly aircraft with IFF switched on. I have done some tests with the IFF switched on, and all evidence suggests that the F-5's radar does not have an IFF interrogator. The IFF transponder is a separate piece of avionics, and does not have any kind of interrogation capability.

attachment.php?attachmentid=160560&stc=1&d=1491819846

Sorry guys my mistake. I thought I was talking in the Mirage subforum. I am using Taptalk and it is not always clear, unless I scroll all the way to the top, what sub forum I am reading. Everything I said above was within the context of the M-2000C module.

--Maulkin