After losing the will to live...I come to you on bended knee...HDMI not connected :(

Mysticpuma

Well I have had a merry dance with this bloody OR and to be honest I'm tempted to just send it back to the seller.

I bought an new (yes it is new) OR DK2 as I just wanted to see if it was something I could enjoy and if so, maybe go all out for a CV1.

My thoughts and feelings are it would be bloody great to actually be able to try it, so-far, not a hope in hell

I went to the Oculus website, downloaded OculusSetup.exe and off I went. 1.5Gb of download later it starts to install.

Plug in Sensor - Green tick

Plug in Headset and HDMI - Rotating grey circle.

Aha, I'll try a different USB....nope, another, nope, another, nope. Try a different HDMI port, nope.

Reads internet.

Uninstall Oculus, uninstall Nvidia drivers, reinstall Nvidia, reinstall Oculus - Nope

Test HDMI works fine, both ports

Connect Oculus...nope.

Computer Asuz Z170 Deluxe Mobo, Intel 6700K @stock speed, ASUS Strix ROG OC 1070 GTX, G-Skill 16Gb Ram

Any, any, any help appreciated or it goes back. So frustrated but willing to hang onto a possibility someone may know how to get it to work.

BTW, when I connected the HDMI connector the light on the headset went from Yellow to Blue (nothing on screen in headset)

Fed up.

Cheers, MP

Well hate to hear that, hopefully someone else that still has a DK2 will come along and offer some tips.

They really are not supported any longer and the more runtimes get updated by Oculus probably the more problematic running those Developer Kits are going to become.

You might also try posting on the Oculus forums as well, maybe some there that are very familiar with the DK2 also.

Hope you can get it solved!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

What is your monitor plugged into. I had to plug it into the dvi (via an hdmi to dvi cable) as I could not get the card to work out putting to two hdmi. Cv1 though.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

What is your monitor plugged into. I had to plug it into the dvi (via an hdmi to dvi cable) as I could not get the card to work out putting to two hdmi. Cv1 though.

Good suggestion, I have my CV1 plugged directly into HDMI port and monitor connected through Display Port...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well I have had a merry dance with this bloody OR and to be honest I'm tempted to just send it back to the seller.

I bought an new (yes it is new) OR DK2 as I just wanted to see if it was something I could enjoy and if so, maybe go all out for a CV1.

My thoughts and feelings are it would be bloody great to actually be able to try it, so-far, not a hope in hell

I went to the Oculus website, downloaded OculusSetup.exe and off I went. 1.5Gb of download later it starts to install.

Aha, I'll try a different USB....nope, another, nope, another, nope. Try a different HDMI port, nope.

Reads internet.

Uninstall Oculus, uninstall Nvidia drivers, reinstall Nvidia, reinstall Oculus - Nope

Connect Oculus...nope.

Computer Asuz Z170 Deluxe Mobo, Intel 6700K @stock speed, ASUS Strix ROG OC 1070 GTX, G-Skill 16Gb Ram

Any, any, any help appreciated or it goes back. So frustrated but willing to hang onto a possibility someone may know how to get it to work.

BTW, when I connected the HDMI connector the light on the headset went from Yellow to Blue (nothing on screen in headset)

Fed up.

Cheers, MP

Had the same problem as you are having multible times and almost turned my oculus back too the vendor.Found a solution on oculus page.Dont use your oculus USb-cable in a Usb 3.0 computer port.And in advanced computer settings find,oculus USB and HDMI Cable and set them to NOT POWER SAVE ON USE.This helped me and have used the oculus for 3 months without any problem.

Lol, thanks for the advice.

I had the monitor plugged into the DV-I port and then plugged the Oculus to each HDMI port. No joy.

I then unplugged the Monitor....But couldn't view anything to see if the Oculus was detected! I then plugged the DV-I to HDMI connector in and plugged the Oculus into it and attached a video monitor to the HDMI to see if You'd was detected. Still nothing.

HDMI's work fine, DV-I works fine. Oculus doesn't see the HDMI :(

Had the same problem as you are having multible times and almost turned my oculus back too the vendor.Found a solution on oculus page.Dont use your oculus USb-cable in a Usb 3.0 computer port.And in advanced computer settings find,oculus USB and HDMI Cable and set them to NOT POWER SAVE ON USE.This helped me and have used the oculus for 3 months without any problem.

"advanced computer settings find,oculus USB and HDMI Cable" is that power saving mode?

Interesting on the USB 2 suggestion as it says on the setup to plug it into a USB 3.0, but he'll, I am running out of options so will give it a try :)

Is it possible to find older SDK's or drivers? Is that worth a shot if this doesn't work?

Cheers, MP

"advanced computer settings find,oculus USB and HDMI Cable" is that power saving mode?

Interesting on the USB 2 suggestion as it says on the setup to plug it into a USB 3.0, but he'll, I am running out of options so will give it a try :)

Is it possible to find older SDK's or drivers? Is that worth a shot if this doesn't work?

Cheers, MP

I am not sure the DK2 used USB 3.0, so definitely try the 2.0 ports.

Power settings - just go into device manager and disable power management for your Rift and Sensor's usb ports.

Don B

Lol, thanks for the advice.

I had the monitor plugged into the DV-I port and then plugged the Oculus to each HDMI port. No joy.

I then unplugged the Monitor....But couldn't view anything to see if the Oculus was detected! I then plugged the DV-I to HDMI connector in and plugged the Oculus into it and attached a video monitor to the HDMI to see if You'd was detected. Still nothing.

HDMI's work fine, DV-I works fine. Oculus doesn't see the HDMI :(

Mystic,

Have a look at this thread over on the Oculus forums.

Might be something in that post that helps getting the DK2 running... looks like it may need an older runtime.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Reads internet.

Connect Oculus...nope.

Fed up.

Cheers, MP

Hi Mysticpuma, I game my DK2 to ATAG Colander, so he may be one of the best guys to talk to regarding setup issues. The DK2 is at best a proof of concept. The CV1 is much better, but it still may be in your best interest to wait for the next generation of VR headsets with should have much better FOV, higher resolutions, and the eyetracking necessary for even higher resolutions..

I have had "headset not connected" a couple of time in the few months I have had my Oculus. Both times were after my kids had used it.

Fixed both times by pushing the wire that is in the actual headset back in its socket. I know this may seem simple and something you may have already tried but that part does come out sometimes.

I have had "headset not connected" a couple of time in the few months I have had my Oculus. Both times were after my kids had used it.

Fixed both times by pushing the wire that is in the actual headset back in its socket. I know this may seem simple and something you may have already tried but that part does come out sometimes.

Hi Mule, sadly one of the first, second, third and fourth things I tried :(

:ranting:

Hi Mysticpuma, I game my DK2 to ATAG Colander, so he may be one of the best guys to talk to regarding setup issues. The DK2 is at best a proof of concept. The CV1 is much better, but it still may be in your best interest to wait for the next generation of VR headsets with should have much better FOV, higher resolutions, and the eyetracking necessary for even higher resolutions..

Hi Chivas, yes I remember very well your great offer :)

This is more just because I want to give it a try, just to see how I cope with it and if I can move forward with it. Currently...totally spannered! lol

I had a DK2 for a while also. As others mentioned, it's 'proof of concept'. When it worked, it was pretty cool. That was pretty hit and miss, though, especially between applications. If was me, I'd just return it / sell it and wait until the next generation. Buy one of them, if you don't like it, you can still return it. I would not waste much time or effort on the flakey prototypes.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I had a DK2 for a while also. As others mentioned, it's 'proof of concept'. When it worked, it was pretty cool. That was pretty hit and miss, though, especially between applications. If was me, I'd just return it / sell it and wait until the next generation. Buy one of them, if you don't like it, you can still return it. I would not waste much time or effort on the flakey prototypes.

Well, I did get it to work...sort of :(

Nothing changed, all I did was when I got to the place where it asks you to plug the USB Headset connection in and HDMI, I chose 'Skip'. It then booted in the headset and I had the default room with log burning fire.....and a great big message "DK2 is not supported in the Oculus Store or Library"

I did download "Lucky's Tale" and the 3D scale is really impressive and very enjoyable. I also have Project Cars inmy Steam Library, booted it, but Oculus says I'm trying to access it on an unknown device....so I can't try anything like DCS, PCars or anything unless I am strongarmed into purchasing a CV1 and to be honest I just can't do that as the reason for buying a DK2 was to see if I suffered from motion sickness. I can't invest over £500 on the off-chance I'll be okay :(

Anyway, it sort of works but at the moment all I can play is Lucky's Tale :)

Oh well!

Thanks for the feedback guys, cheers, MP

Mystic

In your Oculus app if you go to settings/general there is a tick box to allow apps from unknown sources.

That should allow you to use Project cars, DCS etc.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Dave

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

Mystic

In your Oculus app if you go to settings/general there is a tick box to allow apps from unknown sources.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Dave

:thumbup:

Indeed, that was the first thing I had to do to get DCS to work in my Rift.

Don B

Usualy have the same connection issues with my DK2, reinstalling my nvidia driver fixes it for that session but if i reboot it goes back to not detected.

I'm sure there is a clue in there somewhere, though I'm not tech savvy enough to see it :cry:.

Works for me till 2nd Gen vr comes out tho and runs ok on my i5-3570 / gtx970 windows 7.

Mystic

Hope that helps

Cheers

Dave

Ah, but that is where it's buggered unfortunately.

In the setup I click through the screens. When I get to the screen where it says please plug in your headset and HDMI cable the sensor comes up with a green tick but the headset and HDMI have grey spinning circles because they are waiting to be connected.

I cannot go past that screen by clicking next because it doesn't detect the headset or HDMI are connected unless I choose "Skip". If I choose Skip, Oculus lights up, the room (in goggles) opens up and I can look around in VR look at the library wall, etc, etc. It works.

But I can't go to the options and choose Settings (to enable other sources) as it puts me into the setup screen.....So back in a loop :(

Is there a way of editing a config file somewhere outside of the user interface at-least that way I may have a chance?

So frustrating that it actually works but the setup doesn't detect the cables are connected :(

Cheers, MP

It just might be worth raising a ticket with Oculus Help Desk (I found them very responsive).

https://tickets.oculus.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=44856

Cheers, Dave

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

Mystic did you check out any of the older runtimes?

You may not get it to work with the current Oculus Home software.

Don B

Okay. Good news :)

I did manage to get to the Settings, general tab...switched on other sources and the bad boy is up and running.

Sadly I can't use the debug tool kit so have no way of sharpening the image...but having just (forgive me) tested Project Cars.....it works and now I can't wait to get into the air :)

(Just have to clean the lenses first!

Thanks for the help guys. It's not perfect but it certainly is bloody cool!

Cheers, MP