Cheap/Economical Flight Seat with Cutout Front?

I'm talking about a seat that has a slot in the front to allow for full-aft of a more closely-placed center-mounted stick (TMWH with 20cm extension).

Also: (a) no arm rests; (b) no swivel

Ideally, would also allow adjustable height ... but that's a bonus.

Any suggestions?

My current top candidate is this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002D4QB4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=29O0QMQ8BLMBG&coliid=I2YO5DMPJMJG4E

My hesitation is that I am uncertain about comfort/sturdiness etc.

On the plus side, it might come in useful for me in its intended use in the not too distant future?

So, I'm actually looking at buyingFlim's VRPit seat. hang on:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=110847

Of course, the vrpit idea fits more in line with a full simseat. if you want something..dual purpose to pick up and move around, idk.. I'm pretty sure this si the option I'm going to take within a week.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

So, I'm actually looking at buyingFlim's VRPit seat. hang on:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=110847

Of course, the vrpit idea fits more in line with a full simseat. if you want something..dual purpose to pick up and move around, idk.. I'm pretty sure this si the option I'm going to take within a week.

I guess you are ordering the 3d printer files and getting them printed locally? How much does the printing cost?

And I could not find the seat cushion available anywhere on the website. Did I miss it somewhere?

I guess you are ordering the 3d printer files and getting them printed locally? How much does the printing cost?

Not 3d printed. Cut out of wood.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yeah, it's cut from wood. I think you could possibly get different materials too, like some sort of metal or plastic? I'd bet it affects cost though.

I actually haven't worked on getting costs done yet. I'm guessing it may be $200, but I have no knowledge of the work.

I pm'd Flim. I'd love to see the Martin baker seats available, but I don't really care too much. I just don't want to finish it and "OH look. NACES plans are here."

Edited by AegisFX

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Is the cutting out of wood done on our end? I.e., would I need wood-working skills or access to someone with wood-working skills? Or does the seat ship IKEA-style, with rudimentary assembly required?

Ideally, you would want a shop with CNC machinery for cutting the desired material. AFAIK, Flim is just selling the plans in DXF format.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'm talking about a seat that has a slot in the front to allow for full-aft of a more closely-placed center-mounted stick (TMWH with 20cm extension).

Also: (a) no arm rests; (b) no swivel

Ideally, would also allow adjustable height ... but that's a bonus.

Any suggestions?

My current top candidate is this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002D4QB4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=29O0QMQ8BLMBG&coliid=I2YO5DMPJMJG4E

My hesitation is that I am uncertain about comfort/sturdiness etc.

On the plus side, it might come in useful for me in its intended use in the not too distant future?

How about Milopapas great modification of his chair?

The result:

KIuzeQQl.jpg

I have a similar cheap chair and will definitely do the same!

Thanks milopapa for this great idea :thumbup:

Here is the thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=152723&highlight=FLCS+force+feedback

Merken

Edited by Ganesh

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

I wish I could also refit my desk and chair to mimic a cockpit.

For now I have to give up my room ( new baby ) and consolidate my stuff in the living room.

Sooner or later I will get there, till then lots of muscle cramps and deaf fingers ahead due to not-so-comfortable play position...ahhhh. Damn !

All for the family :)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I wish I could also refit my desk and chair to mimic a cockpit.

For now I have to give up my room ( new baby ) and consolidate my stuff in the living room.

Sooner or later I will get there, till then lots of muscle cramps and deaf fingers ahead due to not-so-comfortable play position...ahhhh. Damn !

All for the family :)

Know what you mean! There is a crib + play area in "my" room now, which leaves no room for walking or moving. To get into my seat I have to rearrange the furniture, and then rearrange it again when done :(