BK90 still not working in MP?

AbortedMan

Trying to use the BK90 on Blue Flag and either I'm screwing up deployment every time or something is still bugged...the missiles glide to the target and just explode without releasing sub-munitions.

I see patch notes mentioning adding a "MP friendly BK90", but I'm not sure if that's referring to the current state of the missile.

I've only tested MJ2 online, perhaps someone can enlighten me if they've found any satisfactory results with MJ1 or mixed variants, or have they found a secret deployment procedure that allows these awesome munitions to function somewhat as intended?

That's the fix for MP. They just act as a big bomb so there are no submunitions.

Hmm, wow...ok, well a fix is a fix. Hopefully we can chalk it up as temporary for the beta phase.

Is this big boom just as effective against their intended targets? I'm no munitions expert, but I'm hard pressed to believe a daisy cutter would take out armored/semi-armored vehicles. I'm ok if this is just effectively a graphical change that still allows the BK90 to perform as intended.

I'm going to do some testing this evening, but would like to set some expectations based on more experienced players if possible

Blue Flag runs on stable, so the BK90 wouldn't work. Maybe today's (7 April) patch will allow it to work.

Hopefully! The version mismatch is also causing issues with not being able to load the KB pod on any of my pylons...so I'm making the switch to stable to avoid anything like this in the future.

Do most of the servers run the stable version of DCS?

Hopefully! The version mismatch is also causing issues with not being able to load the KB pod on any of my pylons...so I'm making the switch to stable to avoid anything like this in the future.

Do most of the servers run the stable version of DCS?

Yes, they do.