Mig 21 activation

Snowblizz

Do this.. repair DCS( MODS off), restart computer,download and run the Mig21 delete and activation.

found in this post https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3102385&postcount=1

Restart DCS and you should be good. That fixed it for me.

Many thanks for this.

My Mig 21 had stopped working after the update to the latest DCS 1.5.6

Hope it works in 2.0?

Edit. I updated without reading this forum. This resulted in an hour of trying to get it to work and a ticket to support, who replied almost immediately. So I guess the moral is read the forum first and install updates second!

Anyway thanks again, seems like a good update After all!

Cheers

David

Edited by Accipiter
read the forum first!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Many thanks for this.

My Mig 21 had stopped working after the update to the latest DCS 1.5.6

Hope it works in 2.0?

Edit. I updated without reading this forum. This resulted in an hour of trying to get it to work and a ticket to support, who replied almost immediately. So I guess the moral is read the forum first and install updates second!

Anyway thanks again, seems like a good update After all!

Cheers

David

yea because we need to spend 2 days reading forums for every single module that we own before accepting the update. And now that we got the update installed they expect to do a clean install or what? great, that should teach me a lesson about questionable developers.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.

yea because we need to spend 2 days reading forums for every single module that we own before accepting the update. And now that we got the update installed they expect to do a clean install or what? great, that should teach me a lesson about questionable developers.

There was an advisory note posted together with the change log regarding the Mig-21 and the DRM system. At least for the latest update of 1.5.6 stable and 2.0.5 OpenAlpha. Yes, that was missing for 1.5.6 OpenBeta ... but then, well, it is Open Beta and you can not expect that never ever anything could go wrong with that install ...

There was an advisory note posted together with the change log regarding the Mig-21 and the DRM system. At least for the latest update of 1.5.6 stable and 2.0.5 OpenAlpha. Yes, that was missing for 1.5.6 OpenBeta ... but then, well, it is Open Beta and you can not expect that never ever anything could go wrong with that install ...

how about including the warning in to the update window. The problem isn't the bug, the problem is that they expect me to go and check every module on every update. Put it in to the god damn name "update 1.5.6. xxx - Deactivate Mig 21 first. Read forum" is that so hard?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.

how about including the warning in to the update window. The problem isn't the bug, the problem is that they expect me to go and check every module on every update. Put it in to the god damn name "update 1.5.6. xxx - Deactivate Mig 21 first. Read forum" is that so hard?

I agree, that would have been better. The thing is only, this kind of action required to be performed by the user, is something that was never needed so far in the past. The auto-updater is just not capable of showing such kind of warnings and would need some code changes first. (which should be not too difficult to do by ED, though).

So, this is a somewhat "corner case" - it is imho not exacly just M3's error (althought the warning could/should indeed have been comunicated earlier), nor EDs error.