Sky and ground are completely black

Morghor

I downloaded DCS open beta for the first time yesterday . When I played it , the ground and sky was black . After some short manouvers , the game would crash every time . I have a computer that reaches the minimum requirements . I did not have any mod but I installed reshade which made half the map proper and the other half black but my game crashed shortly after . Please help :cry: I have wanted to play this game for years :cry:

We will need more info. on your PC. Specs. GPU, CPU, Ram. and amount of ram on graphics card also.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Your Radeon R5 M430 laptop video card scores 624 on passmark tests. This low cost video solution was not designed to play complex games.

In comparison, a Geforce GTX 880M laptop video card scores 3,569 on the same test. Perhaps this could this be the reason?

Edited by Winston 60

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Your Radeon R5 M430 laptop video card scores 624 on passmark tests. This low cost video solution was not designed to play complex games.

In comparison, a Geforce GTX 880M laptop video card scores 3,569 on the same test. Perhaps this could this be the reason?

I see . Thanks you everyone . I really appreciate the help and time .

I don't know about that graphics card but since rest of the laptops specs are fine, I would guess the culprit is indeed the graphics card.

Normally this black skies issue happen with cards that do not support dx11.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Did you try manually installing the latest drivers?

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

It worked! I am so happy . Thanks you so much dudikoff :worthy: . I can't believe I'm going to play this game after two years ! I don't know to thank you . Definitely the best community of any game I have ever played . But , the game crashes every time my aircraft crashes . Maybe the explosions are too hard for the card? Anyway , this primo Victoria :) thanks again dudikoff

Thats easy dont die lol

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I have the same problem. I was playing DCS 1.5 and 2.0 wiThout any problem till yesterday. Then I had to disconnect my stuff to make some works in the room and once i reconnected everything and strarted up the game, the sky and terrain where completely balck. I did not tuch any setting. I cannot explain this. Could the HDMI cable connecting the CPU to the video be the problem ? I really have no ideas

Guys, I have the same problem. I was playing DCS 1.5 and 2.0 wiThout any problem till yesterday. Then I had to disconnect my stuff to make some works in the room and once i reconnected everything and strarted up the game, the sky and terrain where completely balck. I did not tuch any setting. I cannot explain this. Could the HDMI cable connecting the CPU to the video be the problem ? I really have no ideas

check your drivers