Multiplayer problems

lukynoo92

Hi guys.

I have a problem. Me and my friends cannot play together on our server, because we cant see it. We played together in past, but it was harder and harder to find server. We tried tunngle, hamachi. It worked, but at now it is not functioning. I start server, turn off firewall, we are on the same lobby in tunngle/hamachi, but server is not visible for others. They start server, I cant see this server. I dont know why it is not working (in past it worked). It is any possibility to play dcs on server, that can run on some web hosting (payed servers, like minecraft servers, etc.) or what can I do for playing dcs with my friends on our server, with our missions, skins, planes... .

I am so sad because I dont know what to do.

Many thanks for your answers.

Lukas Kopcik

MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS, i5 8600K, MSI GTX 1080 GamingX, 16 GB DDR4 3000MHz, 500 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD

This may sound silly, if you are already aware, but do you have the server and your clients on the same DCS version?

We had a lot of updates to DCS, lately, the last yesterday.

If you didn't update the server, also, you can't see it because of a version mismatch.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 3 weeks later...

At now, when I start server, friend cant see me. But when He starts server, I see him, but when I try to connect, it writes Can´t connect. We have firewalls off, using tunngle and hamachi, but with no success

MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS, i5 8600K, MSI GTX 1080 GamingX, 16 GB DDR4 3000MHz, 500 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD

Nope thats port trigger , not port forwarding

On my router it is

Go to Advanced -> NAT forwarding -> Virtual servers

Find your internal IP (from your computer hosting dcs)

Create a new rule TCP and UDP port 10308 and set it to your host PC ip

Edited by wash_hoban

Still rockin Windows 7 64bit

Or, put your local IP in the DMZ.. it saves you from a lot of trouble later.

edit: Don't forget to set a static IP on your server instead of DHCP.

Edited by amazingme

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Or, put your local IP in the DMZ.. it saves you from a lot of trouble later.

edit: Don't forget to set a static IP on your server instead of DHCP.

NOT the best idea if it is a windows based PC, fully exposing it to the internet

is not the best idea if you dont want it possibly getting hacked

I have virtual servers set too. But with no succes. I use tunngle ports, and for DCS too, but it is not working

virtport.thumb.png.8017cb7d63f45318a0f7231b5fcbcc8b.png

hmmmm

1. Try making sure dcs.exe is enabled in your windows firewall (are you using any other firewall software)

2. Is the server set to public ? (in the create multiplaer server bit of DCS)

I use eset and I set dcs to exception (and I am turning off firewall when I want to play multiplayer) and yes I check public server. In past it was warking, but with time it is harder to play multiplayer with friends and at now it is impossible.

I use eset and I set dcs to exception (and I am turning off firewall when I want to play multiplayer) and yes I check public server. In past it was warking, but with time it is harder to play multiplayer with friends and at now it is impossible.

Did you change internet providers, or did your provider change to native IPv6 internally?

If you get 4-6NAT instead of true IPv4 it can cause trouble with the initial connection if it passes multiple provider networks.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)