Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudders & Warthog - HELP !

Hi guys

(First post here so hoping this is the right place to post this)

I have a TM Warthog and love it. Never needed to mess about with TARGET and was happy. Then I decided to get a set of Thrustmaster T.Flight pedals thinking they would all work well out the box. That's why I'm here. They don't (unless you guys can point me in the right direction).

Without target running I get X, Z & Y Axis on all the Stick, Throttle and Pedals and no matter what I try, the pedals get mixed up with either pitch/ roll or the right throttle. In Axis tune, they work find but in flight, they conflict and I think that's because there are too many axis so there is overlap.

Now trying to get TARGET to work as I think the only way to get this work is to get combined device. This works to a degree and I can get the stick, rudder and right throttle to work, but I've lost the slew controls axis.

Any ideas?

I'm not entirely up to speed on the TARGET stuff but I think its working as Device Analyzer shows the combined axis correct.

Does anyone have this configuration?

If so, does anyone have a TARGET profile or DCS .lua config I can use?

Im flying the A10-C and U1-H1

Its driving me mad

Thanks

Hi guys

(First post here so hoping this is the right place to post this)

I have a TM Warthog and love it. Never needed to mess about with TARGET and was happy. Then I decided to get a set of Thrustmaster T.Flight pedals thinking they would all work well out the box. That's why I'm here. They don't (unless you guys can point me in the right direction).

Without target running I get X, Z & Y Axis on all the Stick, Throttle and Pedals and no matter what I try, the pedals get mixed up with either pitch/ roll or the right throttle. In Axis tune, they work find but in flight, they conflict and I think that's because there are too many axis so there is overlap.

I hate the way DCS does this be default...

You need to go in and delete all your duplicate axis , it assigns several of them to the same at times at first.

Look all through the axis for each controller you have listed. Make sure there are no duplicates listed there, get them all cleaned out.

In fact when I first set up my axis for my Warthog stick, throttle, and Crosswind Pedals, I went in and cleared out all of the axis. Then I went into each one and assigned appropriately, being very careful that I was assigning to the correct column for that particular controller.

You should be golden after this. You really don't need TARGET especially with DCS as it has such a complete controller setup menu - unless of course you had been using TARGET and preferred that over the in game controller menu. If not, you might be better off without that extra layer of complication for now.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the forums!

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I don't know why but also Thrustmaster MFD are seen as axis in DCS: I must delete columns for every dlc I use in DCS.

Moreover, since DCS versions doesn't share commands, I must repeat the procedure twice...

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm still getting a conflicting axis. In fact, I've removed any axis (or assignment of any kind) on the T-Rudder but as soon as I touch them, the stick and throttle axis react. if I leave the pedals alone its fine. Unless I touch them.

See image here:

2017-04-09_2130.png

No TARGET running and I think a completely new .lua profile but the rudders are conflicting with the throttle and stick. I would love to do nothing with TARGET but I still can't see how to separate the axis.

Now trying to get TARGET to work as I think the only way to get this work is to get combined device. This works to a degree and I can get the stick, rudder and right throttle to work, but I've lost the slew controls axis.

TARGET create a virtual joystick limited 8 axis.

TwW stick and throttle already have 7 (2 in stick, 5 in throttle), TFRP add more 3.

Why that thumbstick "slew" vanished.

You don't need this TARGET for use this pedal in DCSW, just go to OPTIONS, select a module (plane),

select AXIS COMMANDS, localize the column for Tm TFRP and hit "CLEAR CATEGORY" - this will erase the wrong "auto assignment".

After select Rudder in left column and assign the pedal, same for right and left brake, can test in AXIS TUNE, invert, set curves.

First of all: Is the RJ12 connector setup correctly to plane like in the image here?

20170331_165509.jpg

Have you tried calibration tool?

T.RJ12_USB_ADAPTER_Calibration_Tool(V1.05).zip

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

Thanks guys

Still no joy :mad:

See a video here of the steps I have taken:

https://www.screencast.com/t/DQEjkM7A

1. Deleted all control profiles from DCS folder and Saved Games folder
  2. Ensure TARGET not running
  3. Checked axis assignment in control panel
  4. loaded DCS
  5. Options -> Controls -> A10-C Sim
  6. Selected T-Rudder axis and "Clear Category"
  7. Repeated for "Axis Commands"
  8. Verified that there are no assignments anywhere in the T.Rudder column
  9. Loaded quick mission
  10. Without using the rudders, I'm able to move the two throttles and the stick across the axis - All GOOD
  11. Once the plane is stable, I simply press the left rudder and the throttles and stick move

I have checked the USB adapter and its set to Flight (not driving mode) with a green light.

I tried X-Plane and they are fine - no conflicts at all.

I saw another post that mentioned setting the value to default which they got it working with "JOY_RZ" but when I do that and check in Axis Tune - it's not the right axis. As far as DCS is concerned, its setup on "JOY_Z".

@Automan - what is your TFRP Rudder Axis set to?

l9t8l.jpg
Edited by Automan

2. Selected T-Rudder axis and "Clear Category"
  3. Repeated for "Axis Commands"
  4. Verified that there are no assignments anywhere in the T.Rudder column
  5. Loaded quick mission
  6. Without using the rudders, I'm able to move the two throttles and the stick across the axis - All GOOD
  7. Once the plane is stable, I simply press the left rudder and the throttles and stick move

Am I missing something here - did you go in and assign the T-Rudder pedal axis after clearing them all?

Also any chance you have any other controllers of any sort connected as well?

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudders & Warthog - HELP !

Hi guys,

Finally figured it out...something to do with having game mode on. Once I turned all settings to sim and repeated the clear and assign, it worked first time.

For some reason now though not all the HOTAS functions are not working but I can assign those. I think all the changes I made have confused the .lua file.

Thanks for your help with this guys...much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

Finally figured it out...something to do with having game mode on.

That would, indeed, have everything to do with it, since you were changing controls for a mode which you were not flying.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

:thumbup:

PS: just noticed that you have only configured the right Warthog throttle to Z: the plane will angle left if you don't change this setting

Hi guys,

Finally figured it out...something to do with having game mode on. Once I turned all settings to sim and repeated the clear and assign, it worked first time.

:thumbup:

Good deal, have fun!

Don B