Effects, can someone tell me a few examples.

sp0nge

I usually have my effects on the minimum, but the other day I turned it on when I was tweaking. There was like no difference in anything...

Could someone tell me exactly what these effects are and what role they play in enhancing gameplay. At the moment I see them completely useless :huh:

Examples are appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Is breaking the laws of gravity illegal?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AFAIK effects setting affects the amount of particles created when you hit a target, minimum settings should create low amount, high setting vice versa. Maybe there are also some graphics effects added using specialized GFX functions, but it's only a guess. I have effects set to high all the time so don't have any better comparison...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

I usually have my effects on the minimum, but the other day I turned it on when I was tweaking. There was like no difference in anything...

Could someone tell me exactly what these effects are and what role they play in enhancing gameplay. At the moment I see them completely useless :huh:

Examples are appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Try to drop some flares in different settings - you'll see then...

Yup, all the files are headed with PS1.1

Mind you, that doesnt mean that the engine can only support ps1.1, does anyone here know if LOMAC can accept higher level ps? (Got a few ideas for refinements for the pixel and vertex shaders, but I'd rather not have to hack around with the registers directly if I can avoid it ;) )

Lt. Commander Block: Every aerial photo and recon report indicate a defensive arsenal in the D, and perhaps negative C, categories. There's also some anti-aircraft squadrons.

Admiral Benson: I don't have a clue what you're talkin' about, Phil. Not a clue. I have a shell the size of a fist in my head. Pork Chop Hill. The only way I can make this toupee to stay on is by magnetizing the entire upper left quadrant of my skull, so you just go ahead and do what you do.