Mission 2, TACAN part...

Sea_Gull

Hello,

I am on mission 2, and for the life of me, I cannot re-connect with other flight after I fly over the TACAN point.

I dial the TACAN correctly, and when I fly over it, it triggers the head 18 for 20, but when I position the plane to 180, I just fly straight out over the ocean, never to connect with the lead flight...

I must be doing something wrong, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

You may be suffering from the so-called JANUARY BUG, where in missions in January the heading of your HSI in magnetic mode is about 120 degrees off... try to do that in TRUE heading, as if you go 180 degrees there is no way you'd get to the ocean :)

Or just look at F10 map and try to navigate using it. This bug was squashed long time ago, but reappeared with one of the updates :)

When you get to the correct spot you will get an F10 option to talk to the leading flight. Let me know if it works!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Just wanted to say that I faced the same issue on Wednesday evening, so the bug still seems to be active. I also used the TACAN at Vaziani in a self made mission (so not in the campaign; probably the in-game date was different from january) and didn't experience the wrong heading on the HSI. So the bug still seems to be present.

Edited by logion

If you switch the mode on the NAV to DEC, you can see that the magnetic deviation is set to +100 degrees. All courses are therefore true course + 100 degrees. If you steer 180 as it say to do, you end up actually steering 080.

Just fell for it myself, even though i read this not that long ago. And then as Colt departs, my game crashed :(

I had these issues today both with changing true heading on the HSI to compensate for the January bug and after Colt leaving the sim crashing. It's never crashed before. What's the issue there?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I had these issues today both with changing true heading on the HSI to compensate for the January bug and after Colt leaving the sim crashing. It's never crashed before. What's the issue there?

Can we reset magnetic deviation at Alignment? Think it's supposed to be like 6-6.5 degrees.

They pushed an update on Friday, crashes may be related to that.

I imagine it has something to do with the update, I didn't touch anything in the mission. Could you report the crashes and upload the logs in the bug reporter in the main part of the forum? I am sure it has nothing to do with the mission itself..

As for the January bug, I asked RAZBAM to remind ED about this, hope Zeus will be on it soon (as the fix is on ED side)

I ran the mission yesterday. The 'january bug' is still there, so I loaded up all missions and changed the month from Jan to Feb, thats an easy fix.

Apart from that, I did the TACAN tasking and followed it to the letter, I was precisely on the 180 radial 20nm out of the 44X TACAN station and thats where the AI flight (COLT I think it was) was, so I rejoined with them and flew formation for half an hour but the trigger to advance the mission to the next stage never fired. When low on fuel I RTBed and fortunately the mission was still counted as a success so I can fly the next one.

Enjoying the campaign immensely Baltic Dragon, like all your campaigns!

edit: didnt have a crash

• 1 month later...
I dial the TACAN correctly, and when I fly over it, it triggers the head 18 for 20, but when I position the plane to 180, I just fly straight out over the ocean, never to connect with the lead flight...

I did the TACAN tasking and followed it to the letter, I was precisely on the 180 radial 20nm out of the 44X TACAN station and thats where the AI flight (COLT I think it was) was, so I rejoined with them and flew formation for half an hour but the trigger to advance the mission to the next stage never fired.

+1

But I have to say that despite all those things, I'm really enjoying the campaign (and training missions as well),they are very immersive and involving.

Good job Baltic Dragon :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

I undertstand you had the same problem?

Yes, both described above.

I'll wait with proper campaign update for 2.5 I guess, otherwise I will be doing things twice.

Glad to know,thanks! :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Still, I will enlarge the zone and check its placement tonight - and send it for the next update (together with M12 which currently is slightly bugged, although I swear I fixed exactly the same thing once before!)

Thanks a lot!

• 1 year later...
Apart from that, I did the TACAN tasking and followed it to the letter, I was precisely on the 180 radial 20nm out of the 44X TACAN station and thats where the AI flight (COLT I think it was) was, so I rejoined with them and flew formation for half an hour but the trigger to advance the mission to the next stage never fired. When low on fuel I RTBed and fortunately the mission was still counted as a success so I can fly the next one.

Enjoying the campaign immensely Baltic Dragon, like all your campaigns!

Same here on all points ;), can't trigger next step after rejoining colt after tacan exercice, got mission complete after rtb though. Very new in flying,my very first campaign, love it, very instructive

• 9 months later...
Same here on all points ;), can't trigger next step after rejoining colt after tacan exercice, got mission complete after rtb though. Very new in flying,my very first campaign, love it, very instructive

Same as well, trigger didn't fire after rejoining the other pair of M2000's.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

• 1 month later...

I also just flew this mission yesterday - tried the heading from airfield 2 times, even joining back with the circling Colt in formation after the first try. Everything else was working fine in the mission.

I doubled back to airfield and flew exactly 180 degrees on HSI and continued for 40 miles - nothing. There does appear to be a landmark of a hilltop with a clearing at exactly 20 nm which I overfly, but yea no contact from flight lead.

I don't know if this whole January thing is some sort of joke - but I really don't have time to waste flying around in circles in missions that don't work properly - skipped mission in logbook.lua.

If you need to adjust from True to Mag or vice versa then maybe it should be in the mission notes/text.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nope, it used to work without having to adjust anything. I am on holidays now and won’t be back to my gaming rig in the next month but I will try to find out what is wrong on my laptop. January bug is a real thing and pretty annoying- though IIRC on ED side. If it is back then there is nothing I can do but wait for it to get fixed - if I move the zones around and it is squashed, then the mission will be broken again.

Anyway, sorry for the trouble...

No worries BD - I guess I am just suffering from 'feature not working as intended' fatigue lately.

Getting back into the Mirage to get some FBW practice before the F-16 drops and ran through the A-G training mission twice with no luck, before quitting out of DCS, loading up the forums and searching to find that new features implemented and you need to press another button to bring up A-G mode...which is not covered in the training mission. Just for one example, combined with trying to use the Harrier TPOD etc etc...you get the idea lol.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]