F-5E Tactics VS Mig-21

assafm25

Hi to all ,

looks like in any combat the Mig-21 is much better then the F-5E.

- Speed

- IR missile

- better climb rate

the best for the F-5 is turn fight but then he loos is speed and advantage very fast.

i do something wrong ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

I fly against AI for now.

So u say that the Mig21 AI on the 2.0 is not right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Ok !

So can i comper the AI Mig-21 to some modern aircraft?

BTW

Any work on the AI model?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

-----------------------

-------------

u say that the AI model for the Mig is not correct

so i ask if Belsimtac or ED work on this "Bug" .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

-----------------------

-------------

Apart for it's ease to use, the TigerII only have 2 advantages over the Fishbed, it's small size make it harder to spot and it's good visibility that's about it, use those to your advantage. The problem with Ai is they never loose eye on you, human does.

Play against human, stay fast and only do a tight turn for the kill ;)

Apart for it's ease to use, the TigerII only have 2 advantages over the Fishbed, it's small size make it harder to spot

Both are about the same size.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

u say that the AI model for the Mig is not correct

so i ask if Belsimtac or ED work on this "Bug" .

Not the Model, but the Flight model/physics which the AI uses

The MiG-29 and Su-33 will get a FM update someday, but not the AI, only for the player

Belsimtek has nothing to do with that, ED would have to write a code that tells the AI to use the FM of the airplane like the player

(it's not really a bug, just how DCS handles AI)

Ok now things are much clearly

Thank :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

-----------------------

-------------

I only fly the MiG21, not the Tiger, so here is my experience:

The Tiger is a little smaller (especially because of the shape of its wings) + most of the time, its liverie is blue, so spotting it is really really difficult

It has a good RWR, whereas the "RWR" of the MiG21 is very primitive and not precise.

Judging from my experience on MP servers, I feel like the Tiger has a much better turning rate (the MiG21 stalls very easily), and is really fast as well.

Kind regards,

Vince

PC:

i5-7300HQ@2,5GHz | nVidia GTX 1050 Ti | 8Gb RAM | 256GB SSD for Windows+DCS | Windows10

Modules:

Mirage2000C | AV-8B N/A | MiG-21Bis | F-5E | L-39 | Gazelle | FC3

Combined Arms | Supercarrier

NTTR | Persian Gulf

Not quite

Instead of making a fool of yourself, you could at least check the dimensions of wikipedia. Actually F-5 is bigger and has a wider fuselage as seen from the front, although both aircraft are in the same size class.

Screen_170416_205909.thumb.jpg.c12950ccc115bbee375c12a13f246119.jpg

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Instead of making a fool of yourself, you could at least check the dimensions of wikipedia. Actually F-5 is bigger and has a wider fuselage as seen from the front, although both aircraft are in the same size class.

:rotflmao:

Just for you champion, since you go the insult

Mig21 bis

Length: 14.5 [134] m (47 ft 7 in)

Wingspan: 7.154 m (23 ft 6 in)

Height: 4 m (13 ft 6 in)

Wing area: 23.0 m2 (247.3 ft2)

Empty weight: 5,846 kg (12,880 lb)

Tiger II

Length: 47 ft 4¾ in (14.45 m)

Wingspan: 26 ft 8 in (8.13 m)

Height: 13 ft 4½ in (4.08 m)

Wing area: 186 ft² (17.28 m²)

Empty weight: 9,558 lb (4,349 kg)

Edited by Decibel dB

Do you see the picture I posted, or just like to argue? :doh:

Length - about the same. 5 centimeter difference.

Wingspan - tiger is 1 meter wider (actually 1.5 according to DCS manual, probably with rails for sidewinders).

Wing area - MiG-21 has bigger wing area (delta) but narrower fuselage. Looking at the planform area of the whole airplane, they are about the same.

Weights - MiG is heavier, so what? What does it have to do with the ability to spot the airplane from the distance?

A reminder of what you have said:

the TigerII only have 2 advantages over the Fishbed, it's small size make it harder to spot and it's good visibility that's about it,

Seeing the picture confirms that despite the datas, the MiG21 looks bigger because of its delta wing, and as pointed out, the wing area of the MiG is bigger than the one of the Tiger, which is why the MiG looks bigger. This is relevant because most of the time you spot and identify an aircraft thanks to the size of its wings. So arguing about numbers is useless.

Anyway as I said earlier, it is also about the liverie of the plane. The liverie of the Tiger makes it very difficult to spot, unlike the dark green one of the MiG. Also, the MiG has a huge blind spot on his 6. You can come behind it a little bit lower, and you MiG pilot has absolutely no mean to know you are here.

This + the RWR are the great advantages of the Tiger against the MiG21.

Kind regards,

Vince

PC:

i5-7300HQ@2,5GHz | nVidia GTX 1050 Ti | 8Gb RAM | 256GB SSD for Windows+DCS | Windows10

Modules:

Mirage2000C | AV-8B N/A | MiG-21Bis | F-5E | L-39 | Gazelle | FC3

Combined Arms | Supercarrier

NTTR | Persian Gulf

[...]

The picture is cool though. Do you have a zoomed out version by any chance?

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Seeing the picture confirms that despite the datas, the MiG21 looks bigger because of its delta wing, and as pointed out, the wing area of the MiG is bigger than the one of the Tiger, which is why the MiG looks bigger. This is relevant because most of the time you spot and identify an aircraft thanks to the size of its wings. So arguing about numbers is useless.

Doesn't look bigger to me, as I said, the wings have bigger area but the fuselage is narrower, so that evens out when looking from the top. From the front, MiG is a bit smaller. But I agree that the liveries play a big part in the ability to spot a target and those F-5 camos are usually better for that.

The picture is cool though. Do you have a zoomed out version by any chance?

You can make one yourself with the attached mission file.

planes.miz