Air to Air, would you buy the M2000C?

nullsys

Hey all,

I don't have the module yet, but I'm coming from being disappointed with the Viggen's A2A, and bored of the F15/SU27.

Ideally, I'm interested in using the Mirage against the most commonly used fighters in MP.

Do you think it holds up?

What tactics do you mostly use?

Ideally, I'm looking for something that is capable in A2A against the best fighters, but isn't the standard platform.

Cheers!

thats because its a ground pounder :)

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

I bought the M2000 but haven't flown her much. I do like the MiG-21 and F-5. But I'll have to give the M2000 a serious look. Especially if I hunt down a Helios profile for it. :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

It can face any aircraft currently in the game, the F15/SU-27 are a bit superior but if you use is right is can be a good fighter :).

You don't have to be down low to win with it, you can fly it a 25000-35000 ft were it's missiles will perform better and kick American and Russian asses ;).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Hey all,

I don't have the module yet, but I'm coming from being disappointed with the Viggen's A2A, and bored of the F15/SU27.

Ideally, I'm interested in using the Mirage against the most commonly used fighters in MP.

Ideally, I'm looking for something that is capable in A2A against the best fighters, but isn't the standard platform.

Cheers!

It's in the sale at the moment, is on my buy list!

Apart from it's interceptor ability I've been looking at it's ground attack. Apparently we can use a JTAC to laze a Target and drop some GBU's. It would be nice to do that in a M+1.0 capable aircraft!:D Also we can navigate by Ins using data cartridge (like Viggen) and add waypoints (like Viggen). However we can also navigate by Tacan and VOR (unlike the Viggen).

Also anyone who is building a Harrier sim gets my money!:thumbup:

We are getting a nice historical spread of aircraft in DCS now.

Cheers

David

Edited by Accipiter
Harrier

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Well M2k should fight F-15s and Su27s in 80s setting (aim7/27R/27T) as it is 80s fighter. Super 530 is best 80s missile i would say. However when its facing aim120s and ER/ETs then its outclassed. Thing which is great for mirage thats its currently only (early) 4gen fighter with full fidelity cockpit. But adding to GBU12 bombs: If u drop them with BAD INS bombing mode, then you can toss them over the mountain, which is cool;) . I think M2k is totally worth but keep in mind that its in beta and because of harrier its going to be in beta for little longer then "two weeks" i am afraid... M2k makes u learn how to effectively manage your armament and fuel. In "Git Gud" way...;)

I would definitely recommend the mirage 2000c. It's systems are not to difficult to learn, but still offer a challenge.

F-15 and su-27 are superior when they are allowed to equip the aim-120 and r-27er respectively, but you can still do very well with the mirage. It is my go to A2A aircraft.

Buy it. I agree with the recommendation to fly it at altitude where the 530's have better range. You will be at a BVR disadvantage against the Su-27 and F-15, but the chance to fly a clickable-pit fighter makes up for it.

Razbam gets an A+ for communication. They are very active on the forum and always let you know what is going on. That in itself says a lot for the Mirage 2000C. I'm undecided on some of the other 3rd party developers, but I would never worry about Razbam.

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Hey all,

Cheers!

From the bottom of my heart - GO FOR IT DUDE!!! :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

I'm not very good at high altitude with the M2000C versus F15C or SU27 (I'm still a beginner with the M2000C). I prefer low altitude and sneaky attack.

It is slightly more complicated than FC3 aircrafts but at the end you will really enjoy to fight with this plane.

Well M2k should fight F-15s and Su27s in 80s setting (aim7/27R/27T) as it is 80s fighter. Super 530 is best 80s missile i would say. However when its facing aim120s and ER/ETs then its outclassed. Thing which is great for mirage thats its currently only (early) 4gen fighter with full fidelity cockpit. But adding to GBU12 bombs: If u drop them with BAD INS bombing mode, then you can toss them over the mountain, which is cool;) . I think M2k is totally worth but keep in mind that its in beta and because of harrier its going to be in beta for little longer then "two weeks" i am afraid... M2k makes u learn how to effectively manage your armament and fuel. In "Git Gud" way...;)

I wouldn't agree more that whats above :thumbup:

Pozdr.

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Highly recommended module. Go for it. Don't worry about BVR against Eagle or Flanker, its just a matter of practices. I've seen several pilots doing amazing things (for me) in BVR, killing dozen of Eagles and Flankers in MP without single lost.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

There are so many videos on YouTube demonstrating the Mirage in multiplayer A2A combat successfully. Check those out.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Hey all,

Cheers!

All modules are excellently modded and presentable so far so good.......!

Cannot wait for the F/A 18 module as I guess that would be the best fighter by far!<just my opinion>

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i liked it so much that i want to buy it on this easter sales :S.

sadly, i already bought it... so i cannot make me happy buying it :/

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

All modules are excellently modded and presentable so far so good.......!

Cannot wait for the F/A 18 module as I guess that would be the best fighter by far!<just my opinion>

cant wait for it too! will be the dream... unfortunately, its the C version :(. A double seat version would be the best things that could happened to me.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

Buy it. Learn it's systems. Enjoy the campaign. (One of the best out there). You will love this plane in A2A. It's a purebred interceptor.

Don't expect miracles against the bigger FC3 planes, however used smartly this plane can be a very big threat and it is an enjoyable and exhilirating ride. Within visual range it can also pull some pretty crazy stunts to bring its heaters to bear.

This is not brought up much, but I actually prefer it's radar systems over any of the big birds. Very intuitive and easy to use, the IFF system is almost idiot proof. (Unless you forget to turn it on). The TWS is very useful for semi-stealthy S530 launches, and the HUD is clear, presentable and uncluttered, the RWR is as good or better than the F15C's.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

You don't have to be down low to win with it, you can fly it a 25000-35000 ft were it's missiles will perform better and kick American and Russian asses ;).

I have a perfect tacview where you and me prove the opposite, man ;) you go head on vs flanker at high alt and get killed while I sneak low and kill two :) I'll upload it soon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a perfect tacview where you and me prove the opposite, man ;) you go head on vs flanker at high alt and get killed while I sneak low and kill two :) I'll upload it soon

Nice tactics to sacrifice a wingman to win the battle XD