Runway damage doesn't work correctly in multiplayer

So, currently, destroying, or trying to destroy runways doesn't that well in multiplayer. In singleplayer it kinda works but the effects we have and the results from bombing a runway doesn't seem effective.

In multiplayer there's the issue that some planes can just take off over the small craters left, the craters aren't really visible and people logging in after the runway was damaged doesn't have the damaged runway.

This is an important part of multiplayer servers like Blue Flag where runway denial is a viable and important tactic.

Third. I'd love to see damage to airfields reworked and expanded as a whole. Destroying ATC, ground radar stations, runway damage, parking shelters etc.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Well I find it works completely with AI, they simply wont taxi.

For MP, last I checked I'd lose my gear if I went over a crater. If they can take off over a crater now, then that's a different matter. Appreciate it's not a huge crater. You aren't going to get 3D destructability on it, it's merely a texture.

AFAIK, the repair time is an issue though. Last check they didn't repair. Blue flag wouldn't be much fun if the runways all got shutdown and everyone has to wait till server restart. An option here for runway repair would be nice.

This isn't a bug, it's how it's designed.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Interesting.Maybe they do get repaired, but in real-time? Even if they did get repaired during your session, wouldn't it have to be some magically quick time, nuch like the aircraft repairs?

It's been a while since I had any involvement in the RL side of these things, but I seem to recall that it would take a repair team (in the UK at least) around 4+ hours just to fill a smallish standard crater and resurface. I have no idea what the times would be for craters made with specifically designed runway denial weapons, but it would no doubt be much longer.

I suppose Russian aircraft might fare better than their Western counterparts in general, since they can cope with rougher strips.

If the runway has 8 mk82 craters on it then a fast jet shouldn't really be able to use it. At least until a magical repair happens after N minutes or whatever. At the moment, the entire mechanic is unusable. We cannot change the fuel / ammo / airframes via warehouse damage. Nor can we guarantee that bombing the runway / taxiways will stop them from taking off from that airfield (for a while at least). New players joining the server doesn't have damage on that runway at all I think. Clearly these are both things that needs fixing at some point. I made this thread to make this known to the devs.