Joystick + Gamepad Axis problems

Hello guys,

I have a Mad cats fly 5 (meh) .I went out and bought a cheap gamepad with 2 analog sticks so that i can map em as hats.

The problem is that in dcs the analog sticks only appear as axes so i cant map em directly from the game.I am using JoytoKey so that i convert the sticks movement to button presses.I was able to map the Num keys on the Analog1 and Zoom in out Analog2.

But it seems like the Analog sticks are somehow hard mapped to the axis .

So when i press Analog1 Left for example two things happen : My camera will move to the left but at the same time the plane will also roll to the left.When i pressing Analog 2 Up The camera will zoom in and at the same time the plane will yaw left.

Obviously i went to controls in dcs and wiped axis and key mappings for the gamepad, but the problem is still there.

I am quite sure that the problem is not dcs related, most likely driver conflict or something i am doing wrong

I've spend a few hours messing with settings , installing/uninstalling drivers and looking for solutions on various forums but no luck

Any help/idea would be greatly appricieated

Many thanks, Chris

PS. The gamepad is a http://esperanza.pl/esperanza-vibration-gamepad-usb-warrior,230,449.html

looks like a crappy china clone renamed, but tbh it doesnt feel that bad for 6 euros.

Obviously i went to controls in dcs and wiped axis and key mappings for the gamepad, but the problem is still there.

If you did this correctly, no reason for mini-stick still controlling plane motion, this is not "hard mapped", depends on assignment.

A common mistake people do is mix game with sim when setting controllers.

FYI, the check box labelled 'Game Avionics' is the one that controls whether it is using Sim or Game mode control mapping. Make sure it is unchecked if you are setting up controls for Sim mode.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yeap that was it, the axis were not wiped in the sim page, silly me :P

Btw , if i select sim mode in the gameplay tab, does that mean that simulation controls aplly on instant missions and campaign?I thought that ''sim'' controls are for training, and ''game'' for campaign and missions.

Thanks for your help :))