MI 8 pitch

Hello all , I am new here,and I discovered DCS few weeks ago , until now I was used to play with FS9 ..... so I really enjoy this fantastic Sim. I did buy few modules, and they all work fine, but I just have a small issue with the Mi-8. with DCS 1 all is OK , but with Nevada,I am unable to activate the pitch control to my joystick (sidewinder force) I tried almost two hours , playing with differents settings , but nothing works.....:(

If I go to the panel assignement ,I can select the slider, but in the game it does not work, The yaw , roll and wiews are OK , it is only the pitch I can not activate. Any idea ? it looks like a bug or something ..... thanks if someone can help me !

See you , pogo

You are trying to assign a throttle slider to the collective pitch, correct?

Edit: re-read post, you're probably referring to cyclic pitch. I have no experience with the sidewinder, so I'm not sure I can help

Edited by Pocket Sized

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

thanks for answering ! Well maybe it looks confused,sorry , but yes, I am talking about the collective , (to go up and down) , and it uses the same button than the throttle to a airplane . am I right ? the cyclic is for going forward,backward,left and right . the sidewinder has the main axis joystick,plus a small slider on the side ,that can be used for throttle or pitch .

thanks for answering ! Well maybe it looks confused,sorry , but yes, I am talking about the collective , (to go up and down) , and it uses the same button than the throttle to a airplane . am I right ? the cyclic is for going forward,backward,left and right . the sidewinder has the main axis joystick,plus a small slider on the side ,that can be used for throttle or pitch .

Precisely. The throttle slider should be mapped to collective, which controls the amount of thrust from the rotors.

In the control assignment menu (for the collective) click the dropdown arrow and see if you can select "JOY_SLIDER." It should be there next to X, Y, and RZ.

Hello Pocket, yes, I can do this in the assignement menu , I can select the slider and also I can set the reverse or normal position in the calibrate window,but when I go back to the Mi-8 , the slider has no effect .....?

Hello Pocket, yes, I can do this in the assignement menu , I can select the slider and also I can set the reverse or normal position in the calibrate window,but when I go back to the Mi-8 , the slider has no effect .....?

Do you see the square in the axis tune menu move when you move the slider?

Also, just to be extra sure, are the engines running? If the rotors aren't spinning, there's no hydraulic pressure and the controls in the cockpit won't move.

Yes for both ! I can see the square and I can move it with the slider,and also the engines are running . When sitting in the cockpit, I can see the rudder pedal moving, the controle stick moving, but not the pitch . I guess it is a bug that need to be fixed with a patch .

Edited by pogo7

Very strange. I've been flying the Mi-8 just fine all week.

Try using the keyboard commands to manipulate the collective, maybe? Not sure what the default keys are.

Cyclikc left/right - bank left/right

Cyclic fwd/aft - pitch nose down/up

Collective up/down - increase/decrease lift

Anti torque pedals ("Rudder Pedals") left/right - yaw left/right

Throttle (twist grip at the collective) - adjust engine power

The throttle is controlled by a govenor and under normal circumstances during flight, you don't use it manually. To make the helo for example go forward (faster): Cyclic fwd (pitche nose down) and increase lift by raising the collective.

If you try mapping the slider to zoom, does it work then ? (this is what I use that axis for on my MSFFB II with the Mi-8 )

Check DCS hasn't also mapped some other device to the same axis.

I found by default DCS mapped all the attached devices to all the available axis.

Cheers.

Hello all , well finally I could sort out this issue , after few hours of hard try ..... Since the begenin I had to configurate manually the maping for the joystick with openaplpha,I do know why, but after the first flight it's OK for all the next ones.This is what I did with the Mi-8 , but I did not notice there are two models, one called "simu" and a othe one called "simplifié" (easyer) in fact I had to map both models, and now all is OK :-)

Thanks all for your help , pogo