Estimated release: delayed.?

Spring 2007, maybe?:dunno:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

It's easy for you to be ''funny'', since you're testing it for a year now - for us mortals, we can only be patient, wait and guess. ED shouldn't say anything untill it was just about to get golden.

ED made a mistake, telling spring is the release date. People are getting anxious and new year is just around the corner. Of course this topics are popping up like mushrooms.

Bravo020, BS will get released, we'll just have to wait a bit longer, that's all.

mt-2003-sun-corona.jpg

LOL, and whenever it does get released, this board will suddenly be full of "mwhaaa, ED didn't fix the XYZ on MY airplane mhwaaaaaa :("

There's just no winning...its a wonder, and I'm eternally grateful, that they continue....only the flight sim community can bitch and whine quite as much as we do (and yeah, I include myself of course). Thank god they haven't gone to the "dark side" of consoles or FPS games (which I assume is where the money is?)

I'm really looking forward to BS, and having missions with BS where helos can call in Frog CAS support etc, and getting to grips with the BS itself. Until then, I continue to enjoy immensely the Su-25 and 25T (although I'm really keen to get the high-res/poly model for the vanilla).

It'll be ready when its ready I guess...you never know, its still 3 weeks til Xmas and I heard Santa has a hard-on for flight-sims :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

Guest denneym1

I guess they finally realized they had missed the "Autumn 2006" release date, which was changed from the "Spring 2006" release date. Now its "Spring 2007" or "Delayed"....which is it? I don't think ED themselves have a clue. I am beginning to think its a big "IF", not a "when".

What I don't understand is why the big delays on this project. Its an add-on product to an existing sim, not a whole new project from scratch. Seems to me like ED must have something else going and this must be very much a back-burner project.

And, if Enemy Engaged 2 comes out and does well, it may capture the market for helo sims....its a small market anyway. At that point BS will be a write-off for ED. I still say there are too many similarities between the way this is going and other sims I have seen that never made it to release to be enthusiastic about BS.

Now the ED Cheerleaders can pipe up with thier standard "It'll be ready when its ready" thing, but the reality is thats not true. There is a window of opportunity for everything, including computer sims.

MD

I guess they finally realized they had missed the "Autumn 2006" release date, which was changed from the "Spring 2006" release date. Now its "Spring 2007" or "Delayed"....which is it? I don't think ED themselves have a clue. I am beginning to think its a big "IF", not a "when".

What I don't understand is why the big delays on this project. Its an add-on product to an existing sim, not a whole new project from scratch. Seems to me like ED must have something else going and this must be very much a back-burner project.

And, if Enemy Engaged 2 comes out and does well, it may capture the market for helo sims....its a small market anyway. At that point BS will be a write-off for ED. I still say there are too many similarities between the way this is going and other sims I have seen that never made it to release to be enthusiastic about BS.

Now the ED Cheerleaders can pipe up with thier standard "It'll be ready when its ready" thing, but the reality is thats not true. There is a window of opportunity for everything, including computer sims.

MD

I could not dissagree with you more - Blackshark or the ED representation of the KA-50 ( even in its current state) has no competition past or present. When it is released it will stand on its own and speak for its self.

I do not understand why people think ED bashing actually achieves anything... these guys work very hard to push the limits of desktop simming and this is the gratitude they recieve - be greatfull they are doing what they do regardless of delays or what not.

It does smell like poor project management. You take the original release, utterly filled with bugs. I think what you have is a bunch of clever and enthuastic people who like to develop either their passion or their pet project, with no adopted structure or management. Though as a consumer i'd much rather see delays than buggy software, with most sims you get both, and I think the above is attributable to that.

You name me one game was wasn't bug-free. All games have bugs in it, that's just how it is because computer programming is a very tricky process, you fix one thing = it breaks another. Just relax and give it time for Black Shark to grow. Pushing them is exactly what's going to cause them to screw up. The first release was exactly this problem because ubisoft wanted to get this game out before the holiday season so they pushed ED. And hence that gave a lot of people some dissapointments during the first release.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's true, lol :)

Untill 1.02 came out, it was a mess, still a beautifull one. The reviews for LOMAC were awful

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/lockonmodernaircombat/review.html?q=lock%20on

I agree, that BS has no competition, even in EECH2, which based on screenshots, is very much EECH with mods. Besides, there are many signs that alot more will be included than just Ka-50, since it's the last update till next sim from ED.

mt-2003-sun-corona.jpg

I don't envy the beta testers at all. The initial excitement of getting to fly the new add-on must have been severely tempered by having to deal with all the bugs in the early builds. At least when we finally get to fly it we can enjoy the wow-factor without bugs bringing us down to earth.

Spoken like someone who hasn't read up on things being posted by testers or ED :D

It's ok though, I understand.

So first of all ... you're wrong about the 'IF' thing, it is a 'When' thing. WTF do you think we've been testing?

What I don't understand is why the big delays on this project.

Yeah ... you're starting to lose it here ...

Its an add-on product to an existing sim, not a whole new project from scratch. Seems to me like ED must have something else going and this must be very much a back-burner project.

You lose and win some here.

ED is also doing the ANG's A-10C simulator, IIRC. In addition, it is expanding BS a touch beyond the original scope of the work. In other words, there is a -huge- load of work to do, and there's nothing 'backburning' about it.

And, if Enemy Engaged 2 comes out and does well, it may capture the market for helo sims....its a small market anyway.

... for casual players

At that point BS will be a write-off for ED. I still say there are too many similarities between the way this is going and other sims I have seen that never made it to release to be enthusiastic about BS.

Yeah, okay. So you either don't care much about helos or you lack imagnation - or faith! It's okay :)

However ... write-off? :) I sincerely doubt it, as the Black Shark is -very- popular in Russia which is ... you guessed it ... ED's primary market for this.

In addition, IIRC ED has already been paid for the product.

MD

The reality is that you're out of touch with reality and you liek to pretend that you know how the software business works ;) Yeah, harsh - sorry.

Now that Chizh has posted so on the Russian forum I can also say this:

ED is currently working on WAFM for AAMs and SAMs. Chizh said that they -may- be able to include this enhancement in BS -if- and -only if- the work on WAFM for these weapons proceeds at a reasonable pace. So, there is a hope. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Well, I'd rather have it released then to wait for eternity for it to be "patch-free perfect". The thing is, if they delay this for too long, some people might just loose the interest, not for LOBS but for sims in general and that would be a shame.

Well, I'd rather have it released then to wait for eternity for it to be "patch-free perfect". The thing is, if they delay this for too long, some people might just loose the interest, not for LOBS but for sims in general and that would be a shame.

I highly doubt it....

One can substitute terms in the following and apply it to some here...

Aw, Man! Why Can’t I Have What I Want?

The High-Demand Child: Part I -- The Problem

Lynne Namka, Ed. D. ? 2006

Some children today seem to suffer from the “I Want It Now Syndrome!”

They think of something desirable (and often expensive) and keep

themselves and you miserable with their demands. Their lament is “Can I

have _________?” without the slightest hint of reality that they will not get

the desired object. They have low frustration tolerance and set themselves

up for disappointment and hurt by their unrealistic expectations.

Persistent pester power often works as the child keeps nagging the parent

who eventually caves in and forks over what is desired. The child learns

that: l.) If you don’t ask, you don’t get it; 2.) If you keep asking, you are

more likely to get it; 3.) It doesn’t cost me anything to keep asking, so

why not keep on going?; and 4.) Parents sometimes wear down and give in

if the child is relentless in asking. The child can be single-minded in

pushing for what he wants -- this is the concept of entitlement. In some

children there is a lack of guilt and shame that their actions are irritating

others. Unfortunately, many of today’s generation of kids are learning the

entitlement skills to become tomorrow’s pushy telemarketers

Guys, I'm frustrated too. I have been waiting for a sim like this for 10 years. There's simply never been a Helicopter sim with the proposed fidelity of Black Shark....Period. Yes It'd be Bloody Wonderful to have it for Christmas. However, given what the ED team as had to put up with both from their own frustrations of the project And us, myself included, be grateful they haven't gone postal and said to hell with the whole thing. As I said before, I've waited 10 years for this, a few more months won't kill me (even though it may feel like it) I can continue to wait and so can the rest of us.

"I know Not that which you have said, but if I had medication I would (Robin Williams)"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now that Chizh has posted so on the Russian forum I can also say this:

ED is currently working on WAFM for AAMs and SAMs. Chizh said that they -may- be able to include this enhancement in BS -if- and -only if- the work on WAFM for these weapons proceeds at a reasonable pace. So, there is a hope. :)

Excellent news! Thanks ED for trying to get this out the door with the BS release. While I'm optimistic that this will help, I do realize it's a 2 edged sword, in many ways.

If things like this will be added to the release, something which will help EVERYONE flying any/all aircraft, launching any/all missiles, I'm willing to wait longer (not like I've a choice, right? :smilewink: ). Stiff upper lip ED, you've got a history of releasing quality products. Why should BS be any different.

It is a two-edged sword indeed - missiles will now need to learn to fly with AoA for example, so ... while the WAFM will come first, it won't be optimal ... guidance is the missing piece of the puzzle will quite unfortunately have to come later :)

Other problems that are potentnially a challenge for WAFM:

- ED must compute aerodynamic coefficients for all missiles

- Simulation of rocket engine (diameter, mass, specific thrust etc)

- Will the drag coefficients change when control deflection is initiated? I hope so, otherwise we end up with a Falcon missile model. Chizh? :)

And thanks for your patience guys :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Guest Hell Sqn Protos
Stiff upper lip ED, you've got a history of releasing quality products. Why should BS be any different.

Wow you need to go to a weaker brand of crack.

All their releases have been nightmares. Or did you forget about the cluster #### release of Lomac or the Flaming Cliffs Gold fiasco.

Fanboy bs run amok.............

One can substitute terms in the following and apply it to some here...

Aw, Man! Why Can’t I Have What I Want?

The High-Demand Child: Part I -- The Problem

Lynne Namka, Ed. D. ? 2006

Some children today seem to suffer from the “I Want It Now Syndrome!”

They think of something desirable (and often expensive) and keep

themselves and you miserable with their demands. Their lament is “Can I

have _________?” without the slightest hint of reality that they will not get

the desired object. They have low frustration tolerance and set themselves

up for disappointment and hurt by their unrealistic expectations.

Persistent pester power often works as the child keeps nagging the parent

who eventually caves in and forks over what is desired. The child learns

that: l.) If you don’t ask, you don’t get it; 2.) If you keep asking, you are

more likely to get it; 3.) It doesn’t cost me anything to keep asking, so

why not keep on going?; and 4.) Parents sometimes wear down and give in

if the child is relentless in asking. The child can be single-minded in

pushing for what he wants -- this is the concept of entitlement. In some

children there is a lack of guilt and shame that their actions are irritating

others. Unfortunately, many of today’s generation of kids are learning the

entitlement skills to become tomorrow’s pushy telemarketers

Not apropos at all, really. A business/customer relationship doesn't mirror a parent/child relationship. There has been no evidence to support ED releasing anything until they considered it ready to release, with the exception of the 1.0 release in which they were contractually obligated to UBI. ED consistently announces projected release dates and they consistently underestimate the time a project will take. Frustrations are inevitable.

1.) We didn't ask for BS but eventually we are going to get it. 2.) ED will release when they are ready and the forums won't change that. 3.) Expressing frustrations at delays doesn't cost anyone anything, but the software will cost each of us. 4.) BS won't be released as a result of the forum members throwing tantrums. 5.) People usually don't pay for things to which they feel entitled.