Estimated release: delayed.?

I can't help myelf... I've got to chip in on this one too....

I am really greatfull to ED for the hard work, let's get that straight... Also, there is no doubt that I'll buy BS when it is released as well... but note the "buy" part... ED are not making this for us all as a favour...

What I do ask for as a favour though is to please give us a realistic release date, or don't bother with a date at all... It's the dissopointment that we face when we see the date slide another 3 months that's killing us...

:cry:

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ED is currently working on WAFM for AAMs and SAMs. Chizh said that they -may- be able to include this enhancement in BS -if- and -only if- the work on WAFM for these weapons proceeds at a reasonable pace. So, there is a hope. :)

At last something of interest!!! Great news ... tell us why we wait and people will be MUCH more chilled. WAFM is a must - something for the A2A crowd to get there teeth into and cure some of the current on-line stupidity!

Thanks for listening ED!

James

I don't envy the beta testers at all. The initial excitement of getting to fly the new add-on must have been severely tempered by having to deal with all the bugs in the early builds. At least when we finally get to fly it we can enjoy the wow-factor without bugs bringing us down to earth.

Golden words, actiually.

Most players can't truly understand that betatesting is very difficult task. And we, in ED, are sincerely gratefull to all our betatesters, who doing hard and very helpfull work everyday.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Now that Chizh has posted so on the Russian forum I can also say this:

ED is currently working on WAFM for AAMs and SAMs. Chizh said that they -may- be able to include this enhancement in BS -if- and -only if- the work on WAFM for these weapons proceeds at a reasonable pace. So, there is a hope. :)

To be honest, most of us here know that this delay has something to do with adding things not chopper-related, so it is quite reasonable to expect something like that.

I love cats(I have 3 of them) and I could never hurt a kitten - forum members on the other hand.....

And BTW, Alfa, I got four of them and I tought them how to register multiple accounts in case of..well..you know. :D

WTF do you think we've been testing?

Yeah ... you're starting to lose it here ...

Courtesy, please.

The reality is that you're out of touch with reality and you liek to pretend that you know how the software business works ;)
LOL ...

Wow you need to go to a weaker brand of crack.

All their releases have been nightmares. Or did you forget about the cluster #### release of Lomac or the Flaming Cliffs Gold fiasco.

As far as I know, ED had nothing todo with the "FC Gold cd-rom" release.

If there was a fiasco, it was not due to them.

Me too ... is there a pattern here?

Yep, 2 Maine-Coons myself...

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Wow you need to go to a weaker brand of crack.

All their releases have been nightmares. Or did you forget about the cluster #### release of Lomac or the Flaming Cliffs Gold fiasco.

Fanboy bs run amok.............

Oh pluueesse...... Fanbois...... coming from a fanboi of vaporware (Fighterops).

I've seen the sh1t you have posted over in area 51 and you the last person that should call ANYONE a fanboi.

Go back to your renders and placeholder screenies while we look at pics of something that will be real soon.

Also, trying to get your squad advanced copies of Fighterops (6 weeks before release :megalol: buhahahaha). Comedy Gold.

As far as I know, ED had nothing todo with the "FC Gold cd-rom" release.

If there was a fiasco, it was not due to them.

Exactly, that was all Evolved Games.

I wasn't at all interested in BS and could not care less of its release date. But after reading this thread: if there is any chance that BS will include (not only helo related) upgrades or other refinements to the Lock On then it is another matter!

I still don't care about the release date, Lomac 1.12a is fun as it is but I do hope they will do as much as they can to make the game better even for us jet pilots! Even if the release date goes 3 or 6 months forward :)

I wont be including a wish list, theres enough of those threads on this site ;)

At last something of interest!!! Great news ... tell us why we wait and people will be MUCH more chilled. WAFM is a must - something for the A2A crowd to get there teeth into and cure some of the current on-line stupidity!

Thanks for listening ED!

James

PLease keep in mind that WAFM will be dealing with missile kinematic issues (ranges etc) ... 'online stupidity' is sadly a function of guidance :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I wasn't at all interested in BS and could not care less of its release date. But after reading this thread: if there is any chance that BS will include (not only helo related) upgrades or other refinements to the Lock On then it is another matter!

I still don't care about the release date, Lomac 1.12a is fun as it is but I do hope they will do as much as they can to make the game better even for us jet pilots! Even if the release date goes 3 or 6 months forward :)

I wont be including a wish list, theres enough of those threads on this site ;)

Of course - remember how FC was 'all about the Su-25T'? :)

ED always seems to throw something in for everyone.

Sometimes, even very small changes in code or parameters of missiles, radar or FM can change game play drastically!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

MigMadness, dont let yourself get emotional with him :)

I'm not. :)

It's actually quite amusing to watch him rant on HL. :D

One example, he moaned about the RAF server having EWR datalink for the ruskie planes cause he was shot down twice with EWR-EOS-27ET combo, but not once did he turn his radar on to check for bandits in the area. :lol:

Ranting about the way the F-15 radar fails is good enough (its failings are well known by now) but pointless when you dont even use it at all.

Anyways enought of that. :)

It is now being shown that the delay in release is well warranted, especially for people who have no interest in the helo itself but fly fighters through (possibly IIRC) new and improved missiles (AIM-120C) and now hopefully WAFM for SAM's and AAm's.

No need for these type of threads trying to pressurize ED to release BS cause the producers (1C IIRC) will apply the pressure when they believe enough time was given to make it. I say let them work at it until then, If we get updates in their work then all well and good but at the end of the day we will see it all WHEN (not if) BS is finally released.

I'm not. :)

It's actually quite amusing to watch him rant on HL. :D

One example, he moaned about the RAF server having EWR datalink for the ruskie planes cause he was shot down twice with EWR-EOS-27ET combo, but not once did he turn his radar on to check for bandits in the area. :lol:

Ranting about the way the F-15 radar fails is good enough (its failings are well known by now) but pointless when you dont even use it at all.

I personally dislike servers with EWR on - it is a clear indication of the host looking to give a pretty big advantage to the flanker pilots, but hey, you make do with what you have when you choose to fly a given plane ... so I try to get away from terrain that encourages ambushes against me - who cares if everyone can see me if I end up seeing'em back :)

Anyways enought of that. :)

It is now being shown that the delay in release is well warranted, especially for people who have no interest in the helo itself but fly fighters through (possibly IIRC) new and improved missiles (AIM-120C) and now hopefully WAFM for SAM's and AAm's.

Warranted for -you- maybe, just because those are your pet issues (they're mine, too ;) ) ... but the truth is there is -much- more going on that these things.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Warranted for -you- maybe, just because those are your pet issues (they're mine, too ;) ) ... but the truth is there is -much- more going on that these things.

Yep, aware that there will be more, Just examples I used that I could remember off the top pf my head, but along those general lines (i.e. much more than the Ka-50, even though it is the addons main focus).

As for me, I'll be in the chopper :D

I personally dislike servers with EWR on - it is a clear indication of the host looking to give a pretty big advantage to the flanker pilots, but hey, you make do with what you have when you choose to fly a given plane ...

Agreed, I hate those that put in an EWR without AWACS support for the F-15 but hey.... its their server.

so I try to get away from terrain that encourages ambushes against me - who cares if everyone can see me if I end up seeing'em back :)

I'm actually more in a F-15 that a mig these days.... what can I say I must like punishment ;).... but I totally agree with this.

Of course - remember how FC was 'all about the Su-25T'? :)

ED always seems to throw something in for everyone.

Sometimes, even very small changes in code or parameters of missiles, radar or FM can change game play drastically!

Great! :) But, actually i don't remember. Haven't played jet sims seriously since Falcon 3 and 4 many years back. Prop fighter sims are my forté. Started playing F4 again some time a ago and while searching for videos in Youtube a tripped over Lomac stuff and was blown away by the graphics. Never even heard of Lomac before that.

Made sure its not an arcade and bought the Gold edition asap and enjoying every moment. Most of the old F3/F4 experience and knowledge makes the learning curve easier. Of course there is some issues everybody have posted about for 100 times but its pretty good now. All updates ED can make will make it just better. Maybe it will have the staying power of F4 and it will be around for 10 years!

Agreed, I hate those that put in an EWR without AWACS support for the F-15 but hey.... its their server.

I might agree with this if the LOMAC US AWACS didn't suck so bad. At times, it's more of a hinderance than a help.

As a plea to ED, WAFM is a good thing, but it will all result in nothing unless seeker modeling is corrected. Nobody will care how accurate the flightpath of their missiles will be if they consistently miss 6nm slammer shots.

The WAFM is the first step. They need to have that before they can implement navigation, on top of which guidance sits :/ ... if we are to have missiles with WAFM that is.

BTW, the new AIM-120C works ... better.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, aware that there will be more, Just examples I used that I could remember off the top pf my head, but along those general lines (i.e. much more than the Ka-50, even though it is the addons main focus).

Ahh I understand :D

As for me, I'll be in the chopper :D

Look out for them aircraft 'cause they'll be lookin' out for you and they have -all- the advantages ... OTOH you can hide :D

AWACS is horrible and not a match for datalink save for the simplest of cases. It does not give you a picture, only the closest bandit. As such it only takes two guys coordinating to fool you (one baits you, the other one does an end-run around you while the other keeps you busy, and goes right for the AWACS and kills it)

I'm actually more in a F-15 that a mig these days.... what can I say I must like punishment ;).... but I totally agree with this.

Hah :D F-15C works well enough to get kills, so, it can't be -that- bad :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]