GREEN THUNDER

Hurry Up!!!

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Very cool. Thanks, and looking forward to it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

A first version of GREEN THUNDER has just been released. Check the download link on my website:

https://starwayblog.wordpress.com/

Credits:

I used some village textures of an old version of B3OP's mod as a base. I also used some small parts of mustangs noise texture. I also integrated an updated version of Solways new Airport buildings. I hope everybody is ok with that.

Have fun with the mod!

Best,

SW

Edited by Starway

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

Thank you Sir!

Your contributions to this community deserve praise!

(and perhaps a additional donation!)

Bravo! :thumbup:

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

A first version of GREEN THUNDER has just been released. Check the download link on my website:

https://starwayblog.wordpress.com/

Credits:

I used some village textures of an old version of B3OP's mod as a base. I also used some small parts of mustangs noise texture. I also integrated an updated version of Solways new Airport buildings. I hope everybody is ok with that.

Have fun with the mod!

Best,

SW

I followed the instructions, and even got it moved to the "Activated" side, but don't know how to use in in DCS...?

Also, maybe an error in the instructions:

workfile3

1.Step

Due to the fact that this DLC contains several lua-files (config files) which will overwrite the core files, there is no better way than installing it via JSGME. A very detailed guide how to install can be found in the forum:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607

So please follow these instructions first.

2.Step

Download the DLC via the button “Download Green Thunder 1.0”

3.Step

Unzip content.

4.Step

Drag and drop the folder “Caucasus Map DLC by Starway” into your JGMSE-mods-folder

Shouldn't "Caucasus" be "Green Thunder"?

5.Step

You should now see the folder “Green Thunder by Starway” listened under “Available mods”. Klick on it and than press the first button with the arrow pointing to the right. The folder will then move to the right side. That’s it. Enjoy your flight!

I installed JGMSE on the DCS World directory, so it created an icon named Generic Mod Enabler-DCS.

Then I extracted Green Thunder zip to and installed it on mods/terrain. Now I have under that folder "Caucasus Base" and "Green Thunder..."

Only problem is when I launch JGMSE, I select "terrains" on it, then using arrow I transfer it to the right side, it does some work which takes a while, but then nothing else happens (I just cannot select between Caucasus or Thunder", and when I start game it starts on Caucasus.

I'm sure I goofed somewhere, just no idea of where I did...

NM, working now and its great!

Thanks for this awesome mod!

Edited by artmustel

Some new screenshots. We are getting there.

screen_170.jpg

screen_170423_00.jpg

screen_17.jpg

I love the retro Hong Kong adverts on the side of the building!

Most notably, "Black Man toothpaste" AKA Darlie Toothpaste in the West :D

Which I actually use at home.

I installed JGMSE on the DCS World directory, so it created an icon named Generic Mod Enabler-DCS.

Then I extracted Green Thunder zip to and installed it on mods/terrain. Now I have under that folder "Caucasus Base" and "Green Thunder..."

Only problem is when I launch JGMSE, I select "terrains" on it, then using arrow I transfer it to the right side, it does some work which takes a while, but then nothing else happens (I just cannot select between Caucasus or Thunder", and when I start game it starts on Caucasus.

I'm sure I goofed somewhere, just no idea of where I did...

NM, working now and its great!

Thanks for this awesome mod!

Where in the game do you choose GT? And what does your folder "tree" in JSGME look like? I tried _mods/GT and _mods/Mods/Mods/terrains/GT but no joy...

Edited by VZ_342
minor clarification(s)

Very Nice.

Support incoming.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

This is a fantastic add on!

The possibilities for missions and campaigns!

I would like to suggest that all who can afford it to make a small donation on the download page.

This not only gives thanks in a meaningful manner, It also may encourage the development of a version for the upcoming merge and new graphics engine.

(Hint, Hint) :D

Thank you for this Starway!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Where in the game do you choose GT? And what does your folder "tree" in JSGME look like? I tried _mods/GT and _mods/Mods/Mods/terrains/GT but no joy...

It did not work for me when I first put Green Thunder under the subfolder "terrains". One step back, just in folder "mods", it worked.