Labels and other issues

firefox121

I must say it´s a great campaign and a great effort, but well, I´m not a newbie pilot now, but, I need the labels on the argo Huey Campaign. It is no possible to edit the missions, I think due to the protection, but It is possible to launch the module with the possibility to tun the labels ON/OFF. I´ve paid to can play...If I can´t play well (due to the limitations of any computer simulation)I think my money is bad wasted ;)

Of course you`re on the right way......I`ll buy all the campaigns fot the gazelle and for the huey...Keep the good working

Edited by firefox121

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

I understand the need for labels, however I believe a lot of the tasks that need to carried out are easily identifiable by the author using smoke to mark certain areas. There are also excellent briefs which have diagrams and pictures. Which again enables you to easily spot the required targets/landing areas. I get why you wish to have diagrams, but don't let this put you off in at least trying the first few missions. You may well be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I'm almost glad they're off even though I always played with the labels on so far. But I really didn't miss them in the first mission. Howerver, I read comments about people using VR/bad resolution. So IMO it should be OFF by default, but possible to turn them on. But I can only recommend to try it with the labels turned off. It teaches you to use the radio. FM is your friend :-)

Personally, I'm almost glad they're off even though I always played with the labels on so far. But I really didn't miss them in the first mission. Howerver, I read comments about people using VR/bad resolution. So IMO it should be OFF by default, but possible to turn them on. But I can only recommend to try it with the labels turned off. It teaches you to use the radio. FM is your friend :-)

+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are the labels forced to off ? If that is the case I'm not buying it. Please let people decide for them self how they want to play this game.

Win10-X64, I5,-8600K oc-4,8Ghz, 16GB DDR4, MSI RTX 2080ti, HOTAS Warthog, MFG crosswind pedals, KW-908 Jetseat , HTC Vive with lens mod.

Are the labels forced to off ? If that is the case I'm not buying it. Please let people decide for them self how they want to play this game.

Yes it's currently set to off (enforced).

Thought it was the best option as labels can defeat the purpose of tasks that include navigation etc.

But based on the feedback, especially from VR players I might change the setting in the next update.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

thanks a lot, maintain them OFF by default, but enabled to turn them ON as interest of the player.

By the way , great, great campaign....keep teh good working, and take my money If you want to do an gazzelle one...;)

ç

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

Thanks a lot, I must say that at least, till the fourth mission labels are no needed, Great effort to make all the missions easy to understand, with a lot of indications and clues, like smoke and other things.

It´s worth every euro I´ve paid for it.

Please a Gazzelle one pleeeeease..... take my money now ;)

:) It's difficult at first but then you get awarded by trying without extra help (labels etc).

They are now on for those that need then (especially VR users) but it's highly recommended to fly without them if possible.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

The only difficulty I noticed so far is when you have to attack soldiers. It's almost impossible to define which one is friend or foe. The ones shooting at you are obviously the enemies, but overall, it's really hard to see the difference. Nevertheless, your campaign really changed the way I play DCS. You look better at the map, look for town, rivers and all that to get the idea where you are and where you have to go to. And the more missions you fly around this area, the easier it becomes because you start to know the whole area.