Russian jets in FC3.0 - RWR

Cmptohocah

Dear developers,

I have one request:

Please make western a/c (F-15 and A-10) have the same crappy RWR like the Russian planes have, or please fix the Russian ones. There is absolutely no point in me having to replace the crappy textures after each update, so for the sake of consistency please honor my request. It's not that hard, I can even send you the corrected textures.

Please checkout the screenshot bellow.

Screenshot_24_zpsbavomkgr.jpg

:thumbup:

I realize that money comes from selling the NATO planes, but there are some of us that like flying the Russian aircraft.

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

Could you be more specific on what the issue is?

they think the RWR texture is too dirty/hard to see if i'm reading that correctly. i understand their point but it's their problem if they can't stand to replace a few files every update. this probably means they also don't bother to make a jsgme directory for ease of installation. removing and putting back in my modified files isn't that hard when there's both backup folders by default after every patch and JSGME at my hands.

OP, you say it yourself: "it's not that hard." it's literally a single drag-n-drop, and it's done. all the files in the backups are organized so the modified files are in their parent folders. you only have to drag and drop (or cut and paste) to the main directory and you should be set. or do yourself a favor and download JSGME if you haven't, saved me loads of frustration.

Edited by Harpoon

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

Let me get this straight..

Option A: Improve the texture of the Russian RWR to a standard you find more appropriate as in this mod, or

Option B: Make the NATO-standard RWR textures worse out of sheer spite.

Classic redfor FC3 thread. :thumbup:

Yeah I probably didn't make it clear but you are on the right track.

I see no reason that Russian jets would have almost unreadable RWR (with exception of Su-27) after numerous ED updates.

If some one could give me a viable reason why this should happen I would be more than happy.

So either make all of them readable or not readable - why favor one side over the other?

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

1) After 4 Shots of Vodka, Russians don't need no wussy RWR

2) Large Budget cuts and no rags available and the alcohol rub used for cleaning always disappears.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Maybe the SPO-15 textures could be "cleaned" and look a bit brighter etc, but you can't change anything... this is not trying to be an arcade game. There's no such thing as "balance", balance comes after realism.

• Like 1

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

Maybe the SPO-15 textures could be "cleaned" and look a bit brighter etc, but you can't change anything... this is not trying to be an arcade game. There's no such thing as "balance", balance comes after realism.

Yeah I was referring to readability not functionality. :thumbup:

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

Please make western a/c (F-15 and A-10) have the same crappy RWR like the Russian planes have, or please fix the Russian ones. There is absolutely no point in me having to replace the crappy textures after each update, so for the sake of consistency please honor my request. It's not that hard, I can even send you the corrected textures.

Just turn on invincibility. Once you go God mode there's no use for the dirty RWR - problem solved.

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

"90% of the people who actually got to fly the F/A-18C

module there (E3 2017) have never even heard of DCS

or are otherwise totally undeserving pieces of trash."

-Pyromanic4002

...but it's their problem if they can't stand to replace a few files every update. this probably means they also don't bother to make a jsgme directory for ease of installation. ...

It's not a player's problem that RWR lamps are so dim they are unreadable.

Personally, I have a lot of experience with and without JSGME. In several games. And it is absolutely tedious in DCS to check each file with each new version and backup and copy just to get something to work as it should from the start.

And yes, Russian RWR lamps are undiscernible in bright daylight.

Edited by Rabb

Let me get this straight..

Option A: Improve the texture of the Russian RWR to a standard you find more appropriate as in this mod, or

Option B: Make the NATO-standard RWR textures worse out of sheer spite.

Classic redfor FC3 thread. :thumbup:

What I read from the OP is that they're seeing a bias in quality provided for NATO craft vs their Russian counterparts, and they offer two solutions. Either reduce the quality of the NATO craft for parity or increase the quality of Russian craft for parity.

I see a lot of bias in your post however. Since you clearly stand on the NATO fence you immediately deem this an attack against NATO craft when in reality it is simply about equalizing (DARE I SAY IT?) something that has to do with BALANCE, but not in regards to aircraft capability.

If you couldn't read your RWR I bet you'd be complaining too.

I've tried to find an actual photo of a SPO-15 in active use. The only thing I've been able to find appears to be a bench setup rather than a cockpit photo. No way to know whether the SPO-15 in the photo is genuine (doubtful, given the secrecy surrounding EWR equipment) or a setup built for a home pit. All those caveats being said, the LEDs do appear to be quite bright. The Su-27 cockpit in the background is part of the photo & not put there by me.

SPO-15_zpslvjdmx0v.jpg

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

I've tried to find an actual photo of a SPO-15 in active use. The only thing I've been able to find appears to be a bench setup rather than a cockpit photo. No way to know whether the SPO-15 in the photo is genuine (doubtful, given the secrecy surrounding EWR equipment) or a setup built for a home pit. All those caveats being said, the LEDs do appear to be quite bright. The Su-27 cockpit in the background is part of the photo & not put there by me.

Good find! :thumbup: So that desk setup in the photo I posted is almost certainly a home pit setup rather than an actual SPO-15. I don't think the RWR set in the video is a SPO-15 either as it has more rear hemisphere markings, but that aside those lamps appear to be pretty dim, particularly the red above / below indicators.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Good find! :thumbup: So that desk setup in the photo I posted is almost certainly a home pit setup rather than an actual SPO-15. I don't think the RWR set in the video is a SPO-15 either as it has more rear hemisphere markings, but that aside those lamps appear to be pretty dim, particularly the red above / below indicators.

No it is an SPO-15, some aircraft had versions of it that had a bigger rear hemisphere.

The brightness from the picture tells us absolutely nothing, and that picture looks like it's been taken with a phone camera, and besides you can make dim objects look really bright or make bright objects dim.

I'd say from the Russian video the lights are bright enough to be seen at all times, and not like its hard to manufacture really bright lights, and to top off EDs strange decision in texture brightness, the warning lights are brighter than the RWRs lights.

And even if they are dim, they are still way brighter than they are on the su-25,su-25T,Mig-29.

Which brings us to another point, why is the RWR brighter on the su-27 than it is on the other 3 aircraft?

Edited by karambiatos

The Su-24 is actually the only SPO-15 equipped aircraft that has full back hemisphere sensors.

All SPO-15 display units can support those but the lamps are not screwed in.

Example:

8094c171e5c9e470be38bc1dc2938fe7.png

Edit: Apparently I'm blind, this obviously is a Tu-22M in the video, so it appears they fitted those to more than just Su-24s :D

Edited by red_coreSix

OP: Just Edit SU25T-CPT-TEX-04.dds after extracting it from the Su-25T textures zip, edit until all lights have a radioactive neon glow, put back into zip. Fly.

Either use Generic Mod Enabler or do this after every update.