upuaut's Bell 47 Alpha release!

Most definitely not certain at all. I suspect if the mods work in 2.2 they ought to work in 2.5 too. The biggest difference will be to the Caucasus map, so missions will need tweaking, but that in no way implies that mods will all be obsolete.

Add them gradually and test them of course, but you are most definitely certainly wrong Sirius.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Above worked for me. But throttle doesn't go up or down I have to start it from hot. Any help?
Now I have tried to copy device_init.lua and devices.lua from UH-1H\Cockpit\Scripts (2.2 version) and got the throttle to work.

If anyone still have problems getting 47 to work, please follow the instructions here, post #140 (the same exist earlier in this thread too) and use the version provided by Hawkeye60, then apply the throttle fix above.

I used a version downloaded today from the original source but it did not work.

Good luck!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

There was a structural design different between DCS 1.2 to 1.5, so I don't see a problem with the same with 2.2 to 2.5. Besides, I would be sure that 3rd party developers are warned ahead of time.

Purely speculation - which was my entire point.

You cannot possibly know what's coming, so why make sweeping statements about stuff that may, or more crucially MAY NOT change anything at all.

All we can do is wait, and see.

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Please find in the link below additional skins for this Helo. Many thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EPOvtfoJks1z0Cdz4Ph5sJw0lpGx7XnO/view?usp=sharing

Five variants as per the post below with images:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3439672&postcount=173

Edited by SUNTSAG

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 weeks later...

So, unsurprisingly the Bell 47 stopped working in 2.5.1.

Don't despair though!

I got it working with some additional files copied from UH-1H and a small edit of one of them. I put them in a zip an share them here. Original files included (obvious naming) for easy comparison. I also included "devices.lua" since the 2.2->2.5 transition even if it hasn't changed in 2.5.1, due to the collective issue.

Good Luck!

/H

EDIT:

Forgot to mention I sometimes get game crash when crashing this helicopter in 2.5.1. Not always and I haven't seen any pattern of it yet.

Bell47_2_2.5.1_changes.zip

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 5 months later...
So, unsurprisingly the Bell 47 stopped working in 2.5.1.

Don't despair though!

/H

EDIT:

Forgot to mention I sometimes get game crash when crashing this helicopter in 2.5.1. Not always and I haven't seen any pattern of it yet.

Hi - any tips for getting it working in 2.5.2?

I did a fresh install, no luck

Working now!

Edited by Huckle

Working now!

Good to hear!

I actually had a difficulty remembering my exact procedure installing it, and I'm not at home to refresh my memory. I'm happy you solved it anyway.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 11 months later...

Hi,

Anyone get this working in 2.5.5 (not the beta)?

I have:

- installed the v2 in the mods/aircraft/ folder under Saved Games

- copied the BIN folder across from the UH-1

- set up the controls

I see the module in the menu screen.

Created a simple mission with the aircraft set to 'player'.

Mission starts but I'm locked out of the cockpit/ starts in map mode.....

I can see it as an AI aircraft only (despite the above 'player' setting).

Been here over an hour with no luck :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i5 / 16gb RAM / Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti / Viewsonic 28" monitor / TM Warthog / TM Elite rudder pedals / TrackIR5

First flight sim: Psion 'Flight Simulator' (ZX Spectrum 48k)

If you open the dcs.log and search for anything related to this aircraft, you will find an error related to a certain file not loading due to something like "wrong version" or something (sorry, don't remember the file name, but it's not any of the sound files generating errors). It has something to do with damage model.

That file, for what I understand, has to be recreated (using up-to-date tools) by however has the original file (in another file format) created by the developer.

That will most likely never happen, i.e we will most likely never fly the Bell 47 in DCS 2.5.5 and later (it works in earlier versions).

Sorry for a not very detailed answer, but I simply don't remember the details.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Hi there,

Thanks for the tip.

Found these two lines which include the word 'wrong':

2019-09-30 06:34:14.167 ERROR NGMODEL: The following exception was caught: Wrong version of model file.. During loading of: //models/n3d-crush109a.edm.

2019-09-30 06:34:14.397 ERROR NGMODEL: Can't load lod bell47_2_collision.edm of model . Reason: Wrong version of model file.

Any of these likely to prevent 'entering the cockpit?

Anyone care to explain what they mean?

It's frustrating because the model looks gorgeous!!!

Thanks

:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i5 / 16gb RAM / Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti / Viewsonic 28" monitor / TM Warthog / TM Elite rudder pedals / TrackIR5

Ok, so managed to find a later version of the bell47_2_collision.edm file and not getting that error now....(dated 09/06/19).

Now I'm left with the n3d-crush109a.edm file still causing an error.....

Limited progress.

Ok, so managed to find a later version of the bell47_2_collision.edm file and not getting that error now....(dated 09/06/19).

Limited progress.

Where did you find that bell47_2_collision.edm?

I would like to try it too.

I only get the error from that file being wrong version, not for the n3d-crush109a.edm. I doubt n3d-crush109a.edm is even part of the Bell 47? You have any other moded aircrafts?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Hi again,

Apologies, RL got in the way yesterday.

File is in here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x6gmq6z2ezsmrgu/AAAL267qmFdjViZp0MHAEQfVa/MODS/Bell47-G_Alpha?dl=0&lst=&subfolder_nav_tracking=1

I have the A4 and MB339 installed. I tried removing those directories from my Saved Games directory but it had no effect on the Bell47.

Good luck!

Coming soon!

ai only at first.........

Flyable version WIP

First post will be up-dated with a new link when ready...

Stay tuned...

Same Bat time......

Same Bat channel.......:D

bell-47.jpg

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

If memory serves me right the driver of the Bell 47 sits in the port side seat (left hand seat facing forward), he certainly did in our Sioux's. The right hand seat had the controls removed and was used by the Observer.

I might be wrong for the US versions, its a VERY old memory !!!!!!!

Limited progress.

Same here. I guess the bell47_2_collision.edm is a good one, but the n3d-crush109a.edm still needs updating (it's actually much more resent the one in the link [12/03/17] than the one I had [31/10/12]).

I actually had that N3D-crush109a.edm error before, but didn't notice.

Thankfully Hawkeye60 is back on it :thumbup:

Edit:

I saw now that the link you provided was the original upuaut link. He actually has a "to do.txt" file mentioning the damage model. I haven't looked in that folder for a while, happy to see the project is alive.

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Your wait is over!

See the first post......

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

But it's AI only right?

Not flyable?

:(

Updated: Apologies, just read the earlier posts. Good news indeed.

Waiting patiently.

;)

Edited by ratherbegliding

New links are up..........:music_whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

So now we need to have the Ka-50 instead of the Huey to make it flyable?

:(