MS FFB 2 motor on different HOTAS?

I know people are modding the MSFFB2 with the newer grips. Has anyone read of someone doing the reverse? I like the feedback, but would prefer a newer stick and axis designs, like the VKB or VirPIL options.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Probable will be more easy make a FFB gimbal from scratch than adapt MS FFB motor, gears, electronics in other brands gimbals.

What some people already did is install contactless sensor in MSFFB gimbal (that originally use potentiometer), or their gimbal mechanism inside a aluminum box to reduce their "gamey" visuals and use a "F-16'ish" grip.

Hmm. I didn't think much of making my own ffb gimbal. I could possibly use stronger FFB parts too... thanks for the suggestion! I'll begin researching how!

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Here's the best starting point for researching this: http://www.simprojects.nl/ms_siderwinder_ff2_hack.htm

Following Roland's relatively simple hack (some resistors/diodes and powerbrick power supplies) yields 400% the current/power to run suitable motors. He also has really good documentation on cobbling motors to hardware. Basically if you have the room, the cable/shaft winding technique is best... easy to get the ratios you need and there are no 'ratcheting' effects and no backlash of power transmission like you get with gears.

Now that Condor2 is announced to be in alpha and releasing likely this year, I'm resurrecting my sailplane cockpit project and will be using Roland's hack for sure though those Glentek motors are hard to find on the cheap!