When Is DCS going to be Unified into ONE sim ?

jaydee

I spent hours Downloading "Normandy Early Access". (I am a Backer) of Luthier:clown_2:

So after a few hiccups I get "DCS Normandy" running.(And after searching Forums to Find out "What version is Compatible"?...)

So now I see a New DCS GUI. I have to Download all my Modules to It. Fine.

Now I look at the "Options" Menu. I have to do ALL of them Again.

I see ALL my controllers have Already been Bound to Multiple Axes (Again). Well done on that one ED....I know I can Delete them... and Hopefully I wont miss one.

So now I have my Spit, FW ,P51 and Have to Program "EVERYTHING" Again.

I couldnt be bothered . Too much Drama.

ED , As a Simmer, I want to support you.

My opinion is DCS is "All Over the Place". Its 1.5, its 2.0 Alpha and Beta...its 2.5 up and coming.

Why Make it so Hard to FLY DCS ?

PS Don't tell me How to use LUA files. I just want to Program my Options/ Plane Once in DCS and go Flying.

J~S~

• Like 1

R7 7800X3d,64g 6000 Ram,4090, Pimax Crystal. 

The merging of the three versions of DCS World will come with v2.5.

The date for that is still uncertain, but it was stated to happen "soon". It was held up while the Normandy map was finished and released, and awaits the final updating of the Caucasus map to the latest graphics engine.

I would suggest that the second half of the year is a realistic time line, but there really is no concrete suggestion as to when.

soon_honey_beer_bottle.jpg

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah the merge can't happen soon enough. The first big step will be DCS World 2.1.

Normandy + Nevada running under one executable. This is on schedule (fingers crossed) for a late May release. Then we have to wait for Caucassus. Hopefully that will not take as long as Normandy took.

It's frustrating, but we have to be patient just for just a little bit longer. Hang in there :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

As with most things in DCS, it takes longer than initially projected. Enjoy the Normandy map. Us lower-tier backers have to wait for the open beta.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I spent hours Downloading "Normandy Early Access". (I am a Backer) of Luthier:clown_2:

So after a few hiccups I get "DCS Normandy" running.(And after searching Forums to Find out "What version is Compatible"?...)

So now I see a New DCS GUI. I have to Download all my Modules to It. Fine.

Now I look at the "Options" Menu. I have to do ALL of them Again.

I see ALL my controllers have Already been Bound to Multiple Axes (Again). Well done on that one ED....I know I can Delete them... and Hopefully I wont miss one.

So now I have my Spit, FW ,P51 and Have to Program "EVERYTHING" Again.

I couldnt be bothered . Too much Drama.

ED , As a Simmer, I want to support you.

My opinion is DCS is "All Over the Place". Its 1.5, its 2.0 Alpha and Beta...its 2.5 up and coming.

Why Make it so Hard to FLY DCS ?

PS Don't tell me How to use LUA files. I just want to Program my Options/ Plane Once in DCS and go Flying.

J~S~

Like I posted here................ https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3123519&postcount=32

When 2.5 comes out I will or rather wait for 3.0 then hopefully all is complete and no bugs and more content released (Modern War Themes + Aircraft + Large Maps/World Map + Theater Dynamic Campaigns + ATC + Civil/Commercial Aviation + Tools for Community Modding as well +++ SIMPLY MORE) another 10 years at this rate and nothing can be done about it.

Just enjoy a good Forum Chit-Chat in the mean-time about other interests or hobbies and share stuff and wait patiently.............................

21-patiently-waiting.png

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

My hunch is not this year, but dont forget you CAN still enjoy DCS 2 if you are willing to put some time in with the mission editor.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Wags once told me, every time someone asks when it will be finished, they purposefully delay it one week. Thanks OP, I needed seven more days to save up for the inevitable module sale.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Later than expected if the new features (in game skin changes, new GUI, new server browser, etc...) that have been shown off in the custom Normandy early access version are what ED are spending their limited resources working on.

I know a lot of the delay is the new Caucasus map and mappers aren't programmers, but it is starting to wear a bit thin now.

• ED Team

Trust me ED wants it to happen more than anyone else, when ED are ready they will share more information.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Like I posted here................ https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3123519&postcount=32

When 2.5 comes out I will or rather wait for 3.0 then hopefully all is complete and no bugs and more content released (Modern War Themes + Aircraft + Large Maps/World Map + Theater Dynamic Campaigns + ATC + Civil/Commercial Aviation + Tools for Community Modding as well +++ SIMPLY MORE) another 10 years at this rate and nothing can be done about it.

Just enjoy a good Forum Chit-Chat in the mean-time about other interests or hobbies and share stuff and wait patiently.............................

21-patiently-waiting.png

2.0 came out on early 2016, now we are at 2.1: at this rate of updates, we have to wait another 3-4 years to see a merged 2.5... unless they decide to jump directly to it

Patience, a great virtue for sure:music_whistling:

Once Normandy is out, I am packing up and leaving 1.5 for good:)

I understand the desire to drop extra installs but keep in mind that Normandy will be released as part of the Open Alpha install. There may still be issues.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: