About Huey Steam discount

Terzi

Hello,

This weekend there is a 40% discount in Huey module on Steam. The discount is not valid from DCS website purchase. I am not using Steam for my DCS, but I am wondering this:

If I would purchase the Huey from Steam, Do I receive an activation key so that I can activate it on my own DCS (not steam DCS)?.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

Yes.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Confirming this. I am in standalone and bought some campaigns today from Steam and they work perfectly with DCS standalone.

Copy the key from Steam, log in to DCS website, go to profile and check / validate key ( lower left side) then on next page associate to this account.

When you then login to standalone DCS, go to module manage and it should be there.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well, i think they create the discounts in order to draw in new players or make the Steam userbase be more active.

If you do a discount you expect people to buy them more often. Recently Eagle Dynamics had discounts on their store.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe this will be true for any future module purchases on Steam. DCS just posted a news message that the key has changed for future Steam purchases, and will no longer activate on modules on DCS.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

I don't believe this will be true for any future module purchases on Steam. DCS just posted a news message that the key has changed for future Steam purchases, and will no longer activate on modules on DCS.

That only applies to future releases on Steam (i.e. the Mirage). Items that have been available on Steam prior to Friday (May 12) will still use Starforce keys and can still be activated on the ED Standalone version.

Again, this only affects the M-2000C and future Steam DLC projects. It does NOT affect any existing sales. For example: past and future purchases of A-10C, FC3, F-15C, etc, are not affected by this.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3138075&postcount=2

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That only applies to future releases on Steam (i.e. the Mirage). Items that have been available on Steam prior to Friday (May 12) will still use Starforce keys and can still be activated on the ED Standalone version.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3138075&postcount=2

Ah, you're absolutely correct! Sorry, I miss read the statement.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1