HUD alt and speed hidden

jack72

I have the current World 1.5.xx version and I am using TrackIR.

When I am flying the F15C, the altitude and speed numbers on the HUD are hidden by the bars of the black bars that hold the HUD glass.

I have tried adjusting my setting view in Trackir but when I zoom to a position that I want so that I have optimal view of HUD (numbers are large enough to read on the HUD) and view of the cockpit dials, the alt and speed lines in the HUD are hidden by those bars holding the HUD glass.

How can you fix this. I don't want a zoomed in view where all I see is the hud and no cockpit inst. or radar MFD, but want the best balance for both

(Ability to look at HUD numbers where they are readable and MFDs or some cockpit instruments).

Have you tried F12 to re-center Track ir?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Alienware Area 51, Windows 10, I7-5820k, 6 cores 15mb Cache Overclocked to 3.8GGZ, 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133mhz, Dual Nvidia Titan X 12MB. 2TB 7200rpm sata 6gb/s,

A few things you should check:

Your HUD displaying too large is caused by your pilot's head leaning in too far back from the display. Since the actual size of the HUD in your peripheral vision doesn't change when you get farther or closer to it, leaning back will cause it to appear larger and fill the entire glass.

Causes: Your TrackIR is not centered correctly in a way that your "center" seating position is too far back from the glass of the HUD. You can remedy this by recentering your TrackIR, or experimenting with the centering of the TrackIR (e.g. centering the TrackIR while you're farther back than your normal seating position so that when you move to the regular position, it will move the DCS pilot's head to a suitable position

-OR-

You somehow have Zoom View and TrackIR Longitudinal View bound together, so that when you are at a comfortable ZOOM, your pilot's head is NOT at a suitable LONGITUDINAL position in the cockpit. Check to make sure your "Absolute Longitudinal Camera Shift" is bound to "TRACKIR_Z" and not Zoom View.

-OR-

If that doesn't work, create a new "center" for your pilot's head. Do this by first centering your view by pressing RShift+Num5 (or whatever you have it set as), then using RCtrl+RShift+Num/ or Num* you can move the pilot's head forward or backwards. You can also use the mouse to move the view up/down etc. Once you have it in a good spot where you can see your HUD properly, press RAlt+Num0 to save.

Hope this helps.

Edited by JazonXD

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

Thanks Jason,,,

I might want to look at the issue 2. But where do I find the

Check to make sure your "Absolute Longitudinal Camera Shift" is bound to "TRACKIR_Z" and not Zoom View.

Where do I go to check this...??

Thanks Jason,,,

I might want to look at the issue 2. But where do I find the

Check to make sure your "Absolute Longitudinal Camera Shift" is bound to "TRACKIR_Z" and not Zoom View.

Where do I go to check this...??

Go into your controls settings and click the button that says "Axis Assign" at the bottom of the page. There you will have access to all the bindings that are axis related, such as stick inputs and TrackIR inputs.

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂