BS: the collective...

uhoh7

I have CH hotas now. I was wathcin that long movie of guys in Russia flyin the BS, one shot really showed the collective handle on the left.

What will be the best way to map that--- the throttle?

thanks guys

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

I have CH hotas now. I was wathcin that long movie of guys in Russia flyin the BS, one shot really showed the collective handle on the left.

What will be the best way to map that--- the throttle?

thanks guys

Since the CH is a slider and not a lever the closest you can get is pull towards you to lift, push away to lower.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Zuki" Resident mud mover

CH HOTAS untill it breaks(for life)!

Not affiliated with any "squad":thumbup:

Indeed, you don't need to touch the throttle control often, the engine governor should take care of keeping the appropriate amount of power available for you.

You might want to be hands-on with the throttle as a matter of procedure or comfort, no matter what helicopter you fly the govenor will *always* lag. You can (and should) anticipate power demands although this is more important in ships where there is little extra power available.

No style points for sitting on the apron generating so much bloody noise and burning all that fuel *wink*

The little slider on the Saitek X52 I find perfect for engine throttle control in place of a twistgrip. If you don't have a controller with suitable axis it's not that big a deal.

This our hobby - not our job - if we are not having a laugh, we're doing it wrong. - Rats

TY guys,

I guess the good news is that the CH throttle slides pretty smooth.....but maybe it's time for somebody to stepup and sell us a good collective.

I'm surprised that no russian or ukranian company has noted the stagnant state of hotas and designed a next gen cougar type setup with a collective option and FFB (I know--the real things (sticks) don't move much, but the body sure takes forces and a good FFB can give a hint of that)

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

The little slider on the Saitek X52 I find perfect for engine throttle control in place of a twistgrip. If you don't have a controller with suitable axis it's not that big a deal.

You use the slider to increase engines power from Idle to Auto, correct? And once rotor's RPM is at 90% than you use the X52 throttle as collective? If this is true it makes perfect sence. I was wondering how they will model the engine control levers operation in the cockpit. Two questions:

1. Can you control separetly each control lever? Because this what their main purpose is IRL and the russian abreviation RRUD means exactly that- lever for separate engine control.

2. Is it possible the move these levers(X52's slider) beyond the Auto position which is standart procedure in OEI conditions when you may "help" the working engine to operate at take-off power?

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

TY guys,

I guess the good news is that the CH throttle slides pretty smooth.....but maybe it's time for somebody to stepup and sell us a good collective.

I'm surprised that no russian or ukranian company has noted the stagnant state of hotas and designed a next gen cougar type setup with a collective option and FFB (I know--the real things (sticks) don't move much, but the body sure takes forces and a good FFB can give a hint of that)

Simkits sell a nice collective, thats what is sitting in my pit awaiting BS.

http://www.simkits.com/product.php?prodid=535

Not sure if they now include a USB controller (didn't when I purchased it), if they don't check out beta innovations for an interface.

Cheers

peter

too bad that all these pitches do not have

any buttons and switches like the real Ka50!)

But we are still working on our prototype- replic

of one real antitank chopper pitch :smartass:

usb electronics working fine and we can provide from 8 up to 128 buttons..

3 axxis functions enabled and mouse maybee too..two versions planned and possible. We`re working hard to finish mechanical realness

and that we can provide it to the BS release:thumbup:

producing is not a crime:music_whistling:

more infos comin soon @ http://www.tecpoint24.de

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
You use the slider to increase engines power from Idle to Auto, correct? And once rotor's RPM is at 90% than you use the X52 throttle as collective? If this is true it makes perfect sence. I was wondering how they will model the engine control levers operation in the cockpit. Two questions:

1. Can you control separetly each control lever? Because this what their main purpose is IRL and the russian abreviation RRUD means exactly that- lever for separate engine control.

2. Is it possible the move these levers(X52's slider) beyond the Auto position which is standart procedure in OEI conditions when you may "help" the working engine to operate at take-off power?

1. Yes, each engine can be controlled separately. Now each engine can be controlled either with keyboard or buttons (fixed positions, having locks in RL: IDLE, Governor Failure, AUTO, MAX). (For beta testers : GF position is not marked in B27 yet) or with sliders. We have an idea how to mark locks using sliders but I won't discuss it now.

2. Yes, you can do it.

Generally in the model properly have been done links from collective to throttles and from engine fuel pump main control lever to power turbine rpm setting.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

That sounds pretty good Yo-Yo, thanks for the input. Just one more question- are they modelled the shut-off valve(стоп-кран) and rotor brake?

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

• ED Team
That sounds pretty good Yo-Yo, thanks for the input. Just one more question- are they modelled the shut-off valve(стоп-кран) and rotor brake?

Positive, these items were easiest to model after all we have done... even engine start lock when the brake is on.

I'll add some cakes for drooling :) saying that the hydrolics is based on honest equations for actuators and other parts to calculate their movement vs counteracting forces. The landing gear simulation is based on kinematics equations of the mechanism and hydrolics... etc, etc.

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

well i have been thinking about making a collective since i started flying choppers in OFP(since like 2000) i have an old MS sidewinder precision 2 that i have been thinking about converting into a collective, it has all the necessary parts to do so, if you take the stick off ( which has twist stick z axis) your can then use the base as that, you attach a long pole to the throttle and the stick( or any varient of that) can go on the other end , there you can have all you buttons and use the twist stick as your rpm, you can do this with any stick with tist rudder, i modeled this in my head a long time ago and i think it would work just fine, of course you can get fancy and just use the guts and make whatever shape you want..my 2cents..

| 8700k @4.9 | Gigabyte Gaming 7 | 32gb Tridentz @3000 | EVGA 1080 TI SC2 | CV1 | VKB MCG PRO

[sigpic]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FeLGqKyJ3K08k3z-7XaegWgRuGRGkKUs/view?usp=sharing[/sigpic]

too bad that all these pitches do not have

any buttons and switches like the real Ka50!)

But we are still working on our prototype- replic

of one real antitank chopper pitch :smartass:

usb electronics working fine and we can provide from 8 up to 128 buttons..

3 axxis functions enabled and mouse maybee too..two versions planned and possible. We`re working hard to finish mechanical realness

and that we can provide it to the BS release:thumbup:

producing is not a crime:music_whistling:

more infos comin soon @ http://www.tecpoint24.de

wow that would be nice!

• ED Team
well i have been thinking about making a collective since i started flying choppers in OFP(since like 2000) i have an old MS sidewinder precision 2 that i have been thinking about converting into a collective, it has all the necessary parts to do so, if you take the stick off ( which has twist stick z axis) your can then use the base as that, you attach a long pole to the throttle and the stick( or any varient of that) can go on the other end , there you can have all you buttons and use the twist stick as your rpm, you can do this with any stick with tist rudder, i modeled this in my head a long time ago and i think it would work just fine, of course you can get fancy and just use the guts and make whatever shape you want..my 2cents..

MS Sidewinder deserves more... I will never kill my old MSSW. If I had not custom USB controller of my friend production I'd rip cheap chineese joystick to get its USB heart. :)

Ka-50 type stick can be made from duralumine tube and plastick box from the local Radio Shack.

Besides, no throttle is on Ka-50 collective so using of the rudder has no sence.

@AirTito

Yo-Yo is totally on the ball. He's like the accuracy police I think :)

@Scudslaker

Oooh, would like to know more. Can't wait to see what you have in mind. Is it a desk-bound controller or something larger?

This our hobby - not our job - if we are not having a laugh, we're doing it wrong. - Rats