Mission #1, AI UAZ crashes into AI Mirage

abelian

Within three minutes of the mission start, an AI UAZ crashes into an AI Mirage:

This is on DCS world 1.5.6.4818. The only mods I'm using are Barthek's GTM 10.

Seems like the lead AI mirage decides to stop on the taxiway for some reason, whereas the mission designer is expecting them to taxi straight to the runway. As a result, the #2 stops behind him, and the AI vehicle convoy runs into them.

Track file from the incident.

Hey, I will check it. I know that there is a problem with 2.0 and with AI planes not stopping in front of any obstacles but trying to ram them, didn't check it with 1.5, might as well do - if it is broken, it also means that the campaign won't be playable until it is fixed :(

And don't move the AI anywhere, they need to be in certain zones to make things happen. There are workarounds, but they are pretty time - consuming. I will check how it behaves and get back to you.

EDIT: please read the notes attached to the campaign - the reason of lead stopping may be that you got too close to him, AI hates that during the taxi. You have to keep a healthy distance and everything should be fine then!

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

EDIT: please read the notes attached to the campaign - the reason of lead stopping may be that you got too close to him, AI hates that during the taxi. You have to keep a healthy distance and everything should be fine then!

Thanks for looking into it. But this problem occurs with AI only -- no player involvement. In the video and screenshots I posted above, the player aircraft is sitting in its shelter with the engine off.

It seems like the AI #2 gets too close to the lead, which causes the lead to stop. The #2 then stops. Sometimes it does not stop in time, and crashes into the lead. Other times, it does stop in time, but then the ground vehicles will blindly barrel into the stopped aircraft.

I was able to work around the problem by putting the AI flight into two completely separate parking spots a ways down the airbase, so that when they turn onto the taxiway there is some separation. Then the AI twoship was able to successfully taxi and take off.

Edited by abelian
incomplete sentence

Sorry I was at work and didn't have a chance to see the movie before. This is something weird that keeps happening in DCS, the AI failing to taxi properly. The obvious workaround would be to remove the convoy, as it serves no purpose other than more immersion. I couldn't test it yesterday, but it is the first time I see this happening in this mission (though there were different other instances). Bust just to be one a safe side I will make the convoy go the other way :) thanks!

I can confirm this bug.

It happens to me two times.

Anyway I managed to complete the mission by going all the way back to taxiway D and finally park in the parking 35.

Something else ... the mission have the heading bug.

For exemple in the first mission when I'm taking off from the base on the runway 32 my HUD, my HSI and my standby compas are all on an heading 210

(I think it's a well known bug but is there any fix about that ?)

SYSTEM SPECS: I7 9700K @ 5Ghz - 32 Gb RAM @ 3200 - RTX 2080 super - 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 - Windows 10 pro - HOTAS Warthog - HP Reverb

Getting the same bug.

I'm in the hanger doing my startup, I hear an explosion outside. Once I taxi out there's 2 AI planes on fire!

Also heading bug, but I can either use CvNav setting or jsut ignore headings and fly the waypoints.

I've read elsewhere that the heading bug is a DCS world engine issue. This sounds like a joke, but missions set in the month of January have a compass heading offset of > 100°.

Easy fix is to make a backup copy of the campaign, then load the missions in the editor and change the date to a different month (Just change them to for example 1 Feb).

I've read elsewhere that the heading bug is a DCS world engine issue. This sounds like a joke, but missions set in the month of January have a compass heading offset of > 100°.

Easy fix is to make a backup copy of the campaign, then load the missions in the editor and change the date to a different month (Just change them to for example 1 Feb).

What the hell is that stupid bug :doh:

Can't they fix that easily ? :cry:

SYSTEM SPECS: I7 9700K @ 5Ghz - 32 Gb RAM @ 3200 - RTX 2080 super - 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 - Windows 10 pro - HOTAS Warthog - HP Reverb

The january bug was fixed at some stage and then reintroduced later on.

As for the AI hitting the cars, I can make them go the other way, but that won't fix the issue with AI ceasing to taxi all of the sudden. I will look into it as soon as I am back home (Tuesday / Wednesday). Sorry for any inconvenience guys!

Thank you for the update Baltic Dragon :thumbup:

At first when I heard the explosion I thought that it will be an instant action mission. Base raid by the Russians in progress while you have to be cool and proceed with the start up as usual for a counter attack :D

But after no more explosions occured I looked around with F2 only to see the crash :D

Thankfully this bug doesn't stop you from completing the mission, at least for me.

Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi | Intel i7-13700K | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Elite | 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-600 | MSI RTX 3080 12GB | Seasonic TX-850 | 2x Samsung EVO 970 Plus 2TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung EVO 860 1TB | Samsung EVO 870 4 TB | Acer XB241H | Win 11 Pro x64 | Røde NT-USB | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Edition 250Ω | Logitech G502 Proteus RGB | Corsair K70 | Corsair MM300 PRO | TM Warthog Throttle | VIRPIL WarBRD w/ Warthog grip | VIRPIL MongoosT-50CM2 grip | VIRPIL VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base | SLAW Device Viper RX v2 | Track IR 5 & TrackClipPRO