How do I turn off this light?

Kayos

In your Cockpit, right panel, there is a "Formation lights knob" turn it all the way the to left. The bars as well as the upper white lights will then turn off.

If you want the starboard and port side lights to go out as well you must switch off by pressing the pinky switch to the center. If you don't have a Warthog HOTAS is is LShiftl+P by default.

180px-Lighting.jpg

Edited by ZeeMan90

Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi | Intel i7-13700K | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Elite | 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-600 | MSI RTX 3080 12GB | Seasonic TX-850 | 2x Samsung EVO 970 Plus 2TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung EVO 860 1TB | Samsung EVO 870 4 TB | Acer XB241H | Win 11 Pro x64 | Røde NT-USB | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Edition 250Ω | Logitech G502 Proteus RGB | Corsair K70 | Corsair MM300 PRO | TM Warthog Throttle | VIRPIL WarBRD w/ Warthog grip | VIRPIL MongoosT-50CM2 grip | VIRPIL VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base | SLAW Device Viper RX v2 | Track IR 5 & TrackClipPRO

I want to leave the bars on but turn the light on top & bottom off.

I'm afraid you can't. Green formation lights come on with the white ones in simulator.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Pardon for not paying full attention. You can't. The only thing you can do is putting the throttle Pinky switch into the forward position or LAlt+P.

To turn them off again, switch the pinky switch to the centered position or LShift+P.

Summary:

Position lights (Green, Red and Back Light) ON: Throttle Pinky switch back position (LCtrl+ P)

Position lights (Green, Red, Back) and Upper Light ON: Throttle Pinky switch forward position (LAlt+ P)

Turn it all OFF: Throttle Pinky switch center (LShift + P)

Note that in the Pinky switch forward position your Positions lights (green,red and back light) will be steady, even if you switch to the FLASH position.

Edited by ZeeMan90

Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi | Intel i7-13700K | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Elite | 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-600 | MSI RTX 3080 12GB | Seasonic TX-850 | 2x Samsung EVO 970 Plus 2TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung EVO 860 1TB | Samsung EVO 870 4 TB | Acer XB241H | Win 11 Pro x64 | Røde NT-USB | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Edition 250Ω | Logitech G502 Proteus RGB | Corsair K70 | Corsair MM300 PRO | TM Warthog Throttle | VIRPIL WarBRD w/ Warthog grip | VIRPIL MongoosT-50CM2 grip | VIRPIL VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base | SLAW Device Viper RX v2 | Track IR 5 & TrackClipPRO

I'm curious why you want the white lights out?

IRL formation lights enable you to fly formation at night. They consist of the green strips (slime lights), which aren't powerful enough to give your position away, but bright enough to be seen by the flight. On the f-18 for say, they mark the nose, tail and vertical stabs. The white lights basically ruin that effect . Better question is does the real A-10 have bright obnoxious white lights that come on with formation lights?

https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/32026/why-do-aircraft-namely-military-need-use-formation-lights

Updated to add a link.

Edited by sideshow
  • Like 1

The whites and slimes are part of the formation lights system. If it is modeled properly set the formation lights to the night vision compatible setting and the low intensity white bulbs will replace the naked eye white bulbs. The formation bulbs in the NV setting are practically invisible while the slimes should be unaltered.

2. NVIS and NVIS Lights Switch. To support night vision devices, the A-10 uses lights on

the fuselage, wingtips and tail that are night vision compatible. The Night Vision Imaging

System (NVIS) switch, labeled NVIS LTS, has three positions: The up position labeled TOP

turns on the top fuselage NVIS light; the middle ALL position turns on all NVIS lights and

the button OFF setting turns all NVIS lights off. No function is this simulation.

I managed to find your thread on this matter Frederf.

As it is a very useful and in-depth explanation I will provide a link to it

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=61290