F-4E for DCS

TIGER

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to mention this aircraft because is an aircraft we love to fly one day even in DCS.

it saw an extensive service in Vietnam war and other conflicts.

Some of the countries that used the aircraft are:

Australia (retired)

Egypt (retired)

Germany (retired)

Greece-Hellenic Air Force

Iran-Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force

Israel (retired)

Japan-Japan Air Self-Defense Force

Spain (retired)

South Korea-Republic of Korea Air Force

Turkey-Turkish Air Force

United Kingdom (retired)

United States (retired)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_F-4_Phantom_II

It is very strange that there is no mention of this aircraft in DCS.

I believe it will be a nice to see it in the Air in DCS.

I suggest the following versions:

F-4E

F-4E Kurnass 2000

F-4E AUP/Peace Icarus 2000

F-4E Terminator 2020

F-4EJ

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_McDonnell_Douglas_F-4_Phantom_II_variants

Thank you

Here a nice F-4 Video

Edited by [TIGER]
  • Like 1

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

see here mate

at least 1.500 members want it.. at least..

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=123336

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

see here mate

at least 1.500 members want it.. at least..

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=123336

A good portion of the voters on that poll actually want the F-4, yet voted no out of spite towards the wording of options, myself included, so that's likely a good bit more than 1500 :P.

F-4 is mentioned in community quite a lot actually.

I would like to see F-4E from mid to late 70s or maybe even 80s.

While AUP and/or Terminator would be also nice to have, I don't think they are terribly likely.

Well... actually the AUP/Peace Ikarus might be more likely as unless I recall incorrectly, it has the radar as the legacy hornets right? (Though not sure it was F/A-18A or C radar). Since Razbam wants to do AV-8B+ with Hornet A radar, and ED already doing the Hornet C, at least some of its important avionics will already have been done in DCS. Arguably it is the more interesting one too as it is the more multirole one between the two. It uses familiar weaponry like AIM-120, GBU-12 and AGM-65. Terminator has more "uncharted ground" regarding DCS, its radar and some of its weapons would all be new, and from companies who have not licenced anything to be created in DCS yet.

Anyway, in my opinion the definitive historicl version is more important to have first, and that is the F-4E in my opinion.

If someone would do a Phantom, but it turns out to be a naval version only, that would be the greatest blunder in known history :P.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I wrote it here because I understand the Third parties companies have their owns program. They decided which aircrafts they want to develop. They are doing great job. Thank you ebabil for the link. I knew about that and wanted to post it in public and not in a third party company thread.

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Heh! For one brief moment I really hoped someone DID announce the development of a F4 for DCS.

Even at Flaming Cliffs level. :/

Shame, still nice video, Tiger!

Thank you komemiute. I hope some one to decide about the F-4E. It will be very pity such aircraft not to be in DCS.

I really hope some company to make it. Any edition they want.

I wrote it here because I understand the Third parties companies have their owns program. They decided which aircrafts they want to develop.

Sure they do, but they can't develop anything that ED does not grant them a license for.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

DCS DREAM SIM..........

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to mention this aircraft because is an aircraft we love to fly one day even in DCS.

Australia (retired)

Egypt (retired)

Germany (retired)

Israel (retired)

Spain (retired)

Turkey-Turkish Air Force

United Kingdom (retired)

United States (retired)

F-4E

F-4E Kurnass 2000

F-4E Terminator 2020

F-4EJ

Thank you

Here a nice F-4 Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zioespcQP2c

+1 I agree:thumbup:

We could have if ED would ever agree to something more like levels of Aircraft implementation like:-

1. Full Simulation working cockpits
  2. Semi-Simulation working cockpits
  3. Game Level working cockpits

They could use something like this to get them to fly and behave like real aircraft:- http://jsbsim.sourceforge.net/

And as more info found on aircraft and Lic approved it could move up the ladder so to speak.

Similar to other sims that are now fairly old, this would get ED-DCS World all the possible wanted aircraft by community into the data-base and we could all enjoy the sim allot more.

As long as you can perform a basic start up basic functions of dropping a bomb and fire a missile and use guns, I see no problem whatsoever!

I'm for change and openness to a complete world of aircraft some have different views of the sim or believe its not possible and so on.

So I'm with you on creating more for DCS WORLD as a Combat Simulator even Commercial, Civil, Recreation and Sport Aviation.......hence WORLD.

I also posted and worth looking into what I think here:- https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3125391&postcount=7 :smilewink: :thumbup:

We are missing out on allot of fun though building a greater flight sim game community.

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

I would like to see F-4E from mid to late 70s or maybe even 80s.
I know it's a matter of taste, but I would like indeed F-4C/D models (an "easier" to assimilate to naval F-4B/N) in some Vietnam configuration. The naval operations can't be out of the question. And make it only 70's to 80's models obliterating the largest and better known conflict in where Phantom operated is kind of a waste IMO. Still a matter of taste as I said.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

It depends on -

Who owns the licence of said aircraft?

How much will they charge?

Will they let them?

Can the 3rd party gain access to said airframe?

Can they get access to the systems?

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I know it's a matter of taste, but I would like indeed F-4C/D models (an "easier" to assimilate to naval F-4B/N) in some Vietnam configuration. The naval operations can't be out of the question. And make it only 70's to 80's models obliterating the largest and better known conflict in where Phantom operated is kind of a waste IMO. Still a matter of taste as I said.

S!

We are in stark contrast, I believe doing a Vietnam F-4 would be a waste. A conflict so far DCS has introduced nothing relevant about, and would take years to make it so. However, 70s-80s is the sweet spot for DCS in my opinion.

Also, I think a naval version, or the older airforce models like C/D, if the only version available in the module, would be a great blunder in my opinion. Worldwide, the commonly used version was the E or its derivatives like the F. Also, there is the elephant in the room: the gun. Finally, the late-ish E was arguably the most multirole Phantom with primitive targeting pods, LGBs, Mavericks, Sparrows, Sidewinders, bombs etc.

Yes a matter taste I suppose, but it is interesting to see that for both parties, the other option is not like "oh well wish it was other way around but that's also fine", rather it is more like a compelete waste.

This comes up with F-16 too, two aircraft that were arguably the most iconic of their generations, operated by many, many countries, but also in many, many versions and subversions, leading to a complication for the potential module developer, maybe driving them into a "which version to make" dilemma?

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Hello everyone.

Australia (retired)

Egypt (retired)

Germany (retired)

Israel (retired)

Spain (retired)

Turkey-Turkish Air Force

United Kingdom (retired)

United States (retired)

F-4E

F-4E Kurnass 2000

F-4E Terminator 2020

F-4EJ

Thank you

Here a nice F-4 Video

You haven't seem to notice, F-4 has been in DCS at least ever since LOMAC days as an AI to play with. So definitely not strange to our community or DCS. It will probably one day be designed as a fly-able, however not anytime soon. It has been on a wishlist by many, but multi-crew DCS code has not matured yet. There are plenty of aircrafts in the process of making (beta) and in early development phases, and quite small 3rd party community where most don't even do it for the living but as side volunteery jobs out of passion. We will be quite bust next year with Hornet and Tomcat early releases. Where Tomcat will basically push the envelope by adding multi-crew code on the next level, something that's necessary to make sure F-4 works.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

*cough Huey cough*

But yeah, not really much from that era, a.t.m. Someone has to be first, though! =)

//Jarl

Well yes and no, unless I'm mistaken, the UH-1H we have in sim is actually a post Vietnam era one, not a 'Nam veteran Huey :). Kind of like MiG-21Bis, being a bit further than what has fought on Vietnam.

Then there's the whole map/ground objects and ships jazz. There is almost nothing on that front either.

DCS-Dismounts Script

Well yes and no, unless I'm mistaken, the UH-1H we have in sim is actually a post Vietnam era one, not a 'Nam veteran Huey :). Kind of like MiG-21Bis, being a bit further than what has fought on Vietnam.

Then there's the whole map/ground objects and ships jazz. There is almost nothing on that front either.

Yeah, you're probably right on the Huey. Does not stop us from pretending ^^

And for the map/objects issue: The Viggen is still fun, even without a Baltic Sea map, or Swedish ground objects ;)

//Jarl

yea i to am am in favour of a F4E because of the internal gun and a early - mid 70s model to have a more definitive version with wing slats and greater multi role strike capability.

at the end of the day it would be ideal for a developer ( to satisfy both AF and naval fans) o make both F4E and late mode USN phantom like the F4S.

I mean i know its extra work but wouldnt be impossible. Heatblur is making multiple versions of the F14 Tomcat. the A, A + and the B ( and potentially also considering "bombcat" options for PGM employment)

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

yea i to am am in favour of a F4E because of the internal gun and a early - mid 70s model to have a more definitive version with wing slats and greater multi role strike capability.

at the end of the day it would be ideal for a developer ( to satisfy both AF and naval fans) o make both F4E and late mode USN phantom like the F4S.

I mean i know its extra work but wouldnt be impossible. Heatblur is making multiple versions of the F14 Tomcat. the A, A + and the B ( and potentially also considering "bombcat" options for PGM employment)

The F-14A and B have way more in common than the F-4E and F-4S. So that argument isnt very solid.

The physical appearances aside, the airplanes were not comparable. Different engines, radar, cockpits, wings, wheels...

This is like the request to slap a hook on VEAOs "Hawk" for CV ops. It's not just the only difference to factor in.

The F-14A and B have way more in common than the F-4E and F-4S. So that argument isnt very solid.

The physical appearances aside, the airplanes were not comparable. Different engines, radar, cockpits, wings, wheels...

This is like the request to slap a hook on VEAOs "Hawk" for CV ops. It's not just the only difference to factor in.

thats not my point though to compare similarities. ANd yes Its still easier effort than entirely different aircraft.

Nothing stopping form developers making 2 versions of aircraft, apart from extra effort. LIke i said its not ideal, Its more work, but its what would satisfy fans of 2 Separate aviation services. And they could always sell them as separate modules. so they get necessary profit from the work.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Ok so here it is a beatifull picture of the F4 Phantom enjoy and join me making this possible at DCSW.:thumbup:

Phantom2.thumb.jpg.92157728c0a7c8f397e565230692507a.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

We are in stark contrast, I believe doing a Vietnam F-4 would be a waste. A conflict so far DCS has introduced nothing relevant about, and would take years to make it so. However, 70s-80s is the sweet spot for DCS in my opinion.

Also, I think a naval version, or the older airforce models like C/D, if the only version available in the module, would be a great blunder in my opinion. Worldwide, the commonly used version was the E or its derivatives like the F. Also, there is the elephant in the room: the gun. Finally, the late-ish E was arguably the most multirole Phantom with primitive targeting pods, LGBs, Mavericks, Sparrows, Sidewinders, bombs etc.

Yes a matter taste I suppose, but it is interesting to see that for both parties, the other option is not like "oh well wish it was other way around but that's also fine", rather it is more like a compelete waste.

This comes up with F-16 too, two aircraft that were arguably the most iconic of their generations, operated by many, many countries, but also in many, many versions and subversions, leading to a complication for the potential module developer, maybe driving them into a "which version to make" dilemma?

Even though I'm a naval aircraft guy and would love the B (which opens the doors to the C and to a lessor extent the D) I agree the E would probably make the most sense.

Interested to see how Heatblur goes with th Jester AI for the RIO as it would open the door to the potential of the Phantom.

I think there is many ways in participating in a war maybe just a patrol maybe target praticing transport of goods....fun and exciting ways away from the guns and quick ways of death........dcs should be fun to play and see....so here is another picture of the F4 Phantom with the israel camo one of my favourite.......;)

498121962_F-4PhantomIsraeliAirForce___blogspot-com.thumb.JPG.fa222c18602be8f381235ce9076e5117.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

ED-DCS Wishlist Supporter

I think there is many ways in participating in a war maybe just a patrol maybe target praticing transport of goods....fun and exciting ways away from the guns and quick ways of death........dcs should be fun to play and see....so here is another picture of the F4 Phantom with the israel camo one of my favourite.......;)

Yeah, I wish we had an Israel Theater of Operations MAP with IAF F4's in a Yom Kippur war campaign making the sim a historical and a collection of wars fought and simulation for DCS WORLD Sim.

Israel Theater Yom Kippur War Wiki Link:- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yom_Kippur_War

Not forgetting F4 Phantom Vietnam war - https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=186714

Its been done before for other sims, so maybe later on for DCS World .... so we have to ......

daydream-animated-animation-day-dre.gif

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg