Micro tracking stutters oculus

boedha68

I experience micro tracking stutter issues in my oculus rift while playing DCS. It's like the sensor tracks not well anymore. Rift update 1.14.

I had this not in rift driver 1.10 till 1.12. The public test of the beta driver oculus make the the stutter worse. Anybody else experience this?:huh:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Have you tried re-running sensor setup?

While the software does not prompt one to do this when it updates, it is typically recommended by Oculus to do so with an Oculus driver update.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Have you tried re-running sensor setup?

While the software does not prompt one to do this when it updates, it is typically recommended by Oculus to do so with an Oculus driver update.

Is that setup located in Devices>reset default view in VR?

Edited by fitness88

Is that setup located in Devices>reset default view in VR?

No, once Oculus Home is launched, remove your headset and then click on the gear icon on the Oculus home desktop.

Click on Settings, and then Devices.

In the upper right, you will see a Configure Rift with a drop down arrow. Click on this, and then click on Sensor Setup.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

No, once Oculus Home is launched, remove your headset and then click on the gear icon on the Oculus home desktop.

In the upper right, you will see a Configure Rift with a drop down arrow. Click on this, and then click on Sensor Setup.

I don't see 'Sensor Setup'

This is what I see:

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG.26573a99eb3315ceefc44fb26e32406e.JPG

Well that is weird.

When I click on the drop down arrow, I get:

Full Setup

Pair Remote

Pair Xbox Controller

Pair Touch

Sensor Setup

Guardian System

Floor Position

( I do not have Reset Default View in VR on this screen).

Do you have Touch controllers installed? I do , maybe that might be the difference?

Don B

I try it and report back. Thank you.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

A BIG thank you dburne. I did a full new configure rift. That did the trick. No micro tracking stutters anymore. Very nice!! :thumbup::D:pilotfly:

A BIG thank you dburne. I did a full new configure rift. That did the trick. No micro tracking stutters anymore. Very nice!! :thumbup::D:pilotfly:

:thumbup:

Awesome, have fun!!

Don B

Well that is weird.

When I click on the drop down arrow, I get:

Full Setup

Pair Remote

Pair Xbox Controller

Pair Touch

Sensor Setup

Guardian System

Floor Position

( I do not have Reset Default View in VR on this screen).

Do you have Touch controllers installed? I do , maybe that might be the difference?

No touch controllers. What version # is your Oculus software?

No touch controllers. What version # is your Oculus software?

I imagine then having Touch installed on my end is probably the difference...

Mine shows 1.14.0.378771.

Don B

I'm glad I saw this thread. I'm started having the same problem out of the blue yesterday. My rift has worked flawlessly up until now. I don't have touch, just the single sensor. Running the full setup again didn't help. When the sensor scanning animation happens the sensor is clearly "hopping" up and down. This is really frustrating. I tried switch USB ports and ensuring all were 3.0 but nothing has helped. Wish me luck.

I'm glad I saw this thread. I'm started having the same problem out of the blue yesterday. My rift has worked flawlessly up until now. I don't have touch, just the single sensor. Running the full setup again didn't help. When the sensor scanning animation happens the sensor is clearly "hopping" up and down. This is really frustrating. I tried switch USB ports and ensuring all were 3.0 but nothing has helped. Wish me luck.

I don't believe the sensor needs 3.0, 2.0 is ok.

• 2 months later...

Sorry guys, Can I ask you If you managed to solve the problem with hopping sensor? I'm having same issue with my Rift and don't see SENSOR SETUP as I don't have touch.

The other thing I'd like to ask you if you experience any problems when turning your head by 160-170 deg? With the Rift I have at that point the whole "picture" freezes for 2 seconds and after that gets crazy by moving in some random places around cockpit.

Edited by yogipol

HP Reverb, Intel I7 9700K, Zotac GTX 2080Ti, 32GB Ram @4000Mhz Corsair, SDD M.2 500GB Samsung 970 PRO