Mission editor wish list

TonyH

As the BS developement is now current, I would like to represent few wishes of matters which no doubt have been discussed here many times.

This time for the Mission editor, IMO these would really improve mission building:

1. If/then: action -> reaction

2. follow a valley/canyon - function (like tanks follow roads ac could follow canyons without 200 waypoints)

3. copy/paste objects (click on object, copy, click somewhere else, paste)

4. duplicate (lets duplicate this flight/vehicle unit but just change time and/or position)

4. assemble + save vehicle groups/columns (so you don't have to redo every one of them from zero, they could be used in many missions/campaigns)

5. input static objects in groups instead 1 at the time. Just like operational vehicles, input number wanted.

6. unarmed aircraft: ask player in Designer if he really wants them to be saved unarmed. Also redefine the rules why program strips the ac of arms in designer. Maybe only when mission type changes and even then with a notice. Hmmm...in ac list there might be a flag to indicate which flights include unarmed ac.

Only been doing Lomac-missions for few days, but these I am missing already.

Thanks! :)

Here's a few more :)

1. Ability to lock payloads, like in lo 1.1 but optional.

2. Set availability for munitions that player can choose.

Something like this.

shotuh5.th.jpg

Would be very useful creating campaigns with limited munition resources, mp gunzo battles, so no one "cheats". etc etc.

Let's be honest here guys, I don't think ED is going to anything with the ME for any Lock-on product. They will hopefully start from scratch for the next project (Tank Killers or whatever) and make a good ME the standout of the series as opposed to an afterthought.

For now, our best bet is for someone with the skills to design a standalone application to build missions with.

In addition to all of the above, I would like the ability for a "third coalition"....not neutral, I mean a third, "armed, coalition. This, in combination with all of the above would make for some excellent scenarios...

Imagine, 2 coalitions at war fighting to capture control skies/territory, with a "3rd coalition" hostile to the other 2...i.e. sovereign territory of another neighbour country. In this we would make our virtual pilots much more conscious of the airspace they use, not just hot-dog around the entire sky.

Also, on mud-moving missions, you could plan ingress routes close to the 3rd coalition, to help keep "enemy" coalition fighter-sweep at arms length. You could also have Bombers clearing "corridors" through enemy territory and not simply egress via any route, they would have to continue clearing an egress corridor or come out the way they went in.

The scenarios and options are endless, especially if you combine with simple If/Then/And/Or logic.

The ME is one of the weakest areas of this sim, as it stifles creativity and longevity. For bomber pilots, it can get quite dull to simply eradicate dumb ground targets for absolutely no purpose....it makes no difference if you destroy them or not, and who cares about in-game scores! (sigh)

May be in "Tank Killers" they might do a decent ME...may be the project after that. Of course by then I'll be 40-something with kids etc and no time to play :(

Anyways, thats my wish-list.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

My wish: "Live" view object in map in mission editor, like old Flanker.

x2 :cry:

oh and

- advanced scripting of events

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I'd like the ability to script in .wav files or something similar...

So for example... you are flying along in a CAP, and after x minutes or after another event, just some kind of trigger, the AWACS comes up online and gives you vectors to intercept a target, or to protect a flight of Hogs exiting the combat area, or, etc, etc, etc....

I'd also like an inclusion scale as well... Say for example place a pair of SU-27's attempting to down the AWACS, but only give them a 50% chance of inclusion so that you could replay the same mission another time, and different events could occur.

Any kind of if, then, else type affair would be good, or just talk to Bohemia Interactive and 'borrow' the Operation Flashpoint scripting engine!

:pilotfly:

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

These are all pretty far-fetched requests which require too much effort.

I'd like a simple correction regarding the static objects; a simple switch in the GUI whether to make them persistent or not throughout the campaign.

The way it is now, if you populate the airfield with aircraft, they remain throughout the campaign and you cannot remove them from the next missions because their icons are not represented anymore, but they are still on the map.

Even simpler, If I had to choose, I'd rather have them not persistant so I need to place all objects again for every mission than the way it is now. I never finished the campaign I had started to make because of this problem.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

. . . . You can set up a mission goal without it being a target already. Is that what you mean?

Nope.. Mission goals don't let you assign a certain type of weapon to hit a target with also your wingman wont attack certain targets unless they are set up as a Target e.g Ammunition depot.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Nope.. Mission goals don't let you assign a certain type of weapon to hit a target with also your wingman wont attack certain targets unless they are set up as a Target e.g Ammunition depot.

You CAN assign a type of weapon to use in target menu (all/cannon/missile/bomb) but you're right about wingmen - they WON'T attack unassigned targets like ammo depots.

We definitely need a some kind of "trigger" mechanism to enchance mission building and gameplay.

They can make a "Trigger" menu for each object. There's "actions" in that menu to trigger the selected unit(spawn, attack, defend, return to base . . . etc). And the triggers types are "destruction/reach waypoint/fire weapon/ . . . etc of X", x being one of the active objects in the mission (plane/vehicle/helicopter . . .).

I hope this gives them some kind of idea :) It's easy to say "we need x", but need to show them the way. Anyone remember how new death messages were added? :)

You CAN assign a type of weapon to use in target menu (all/cannon/missile/bomb) but you're right about wingmen - they WON'T attack unassigned targets like ammo depots.

Exactly.. Only in the target menu which gives away the target position in the HUD. Why cant we assign this in the Mission Goal menu or even better just allow us to set a target up then select the weapon and then choose if we want it "laser designated" or not. This seems pretty simple to me.. but then again I dont know anything about programing :smilewink:

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I usually dont participate in thread like this but what I would love to see is the ability to manipulate way points (and even share them with others) in a multilayer environment.

Imagine the usefulness of that.

Map makers make rough waypoints to points of interest but they seldom coincide with what you (or a flight) really want to do.

My wish: "Live" view object in map in mission editor, like old Flanker.

I totally agree with you :thumbup: .

OK One last thing;

How about map Grid lines similar to IL2FB. That way you could have mission briefs with out showing the ground targets on the map. All you'd have to say is "Attack convoy North of town- X in grid AM/86 and AN/85". But it would work even better Online when informing your team mates of your location. e.g "A10 in AJ/80 need cover" etc.

gridde8.th.jpg

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simplest one of all, even the ability to assign a probability of any object

appearing during a mission would help make missions more interesting.

ME's been one of the most dissapointing aspects of LOMAC since even the

flanker ME was better in every respect. Can't see ED changing things now tho' since there's been no interest from them in the ME since day 1.

Simplest one of all, even the ability to assign a probability of any object

appearing during a mission would help make missions more interesting.

ME's been one of the most dissapointing aspects of LOMAC since even the

flanker ME was better in every respect. Can't see ED changing things now tho' since there's been no interest from them in the ME since day 1.

Which given that they pulled the Dynamic campaign before Lock on was even released is a crime!

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good suggestions. Please keep this thread a positive tone wish list. Simple things to do for the existing ME - not something that need a complete rewrite as that obviously is not a possibility.

IMO the ME is not bad, it just needs some of the refinements mentioned here added or modded to make it easier to use.

All those suggestions are great.

I think that the ME is not SO bad if one is creative.

It is too labor intensive, though and simple things like:

copy, paste, save (groups, objects)

would make our life so much easier (instead of starting always from scratch) and:

triggers

would make missions less predictable for sure...

Lets hope those simple things are not too complicated to implement???

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D