Co-existence of 1.5 and 2.0, questions...

Mr_sukebe

I've been running just 1.5 for a while, mainly to simply maintenance of the consistency of controls for my aircraft.

Just re-installed 2.0 to get myself ready for Normandy landing (are we really expecting that to happen in late May, or a certain date a week later in June). On adding my aircraft modules, the v2.0 installer promptly also copied over what seemed to be circa 37gb of data, including what appeared to be all of v1.5.

So when I fired up v2.0 and looked at missions for say my Huey, it loaded the 1.5 engine and the Caucasus map.

Is the above expected behaviour? More importantly, does this mean that my v1.5 install can be deleted as my v2.0 has taken a fully copy?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Certainly not expected. 2.0.x should be installed in a separate directory and while doing so, it should copy from 1.5.x only the aircraft, units and some core engine data.

It seems you somehow might have created a "Franken-install" with both terrains in one build together. That did happen to some folks a couple of times (usually by forcing the 2.0 installer to work on 1.5 folder by mistake) and if it works OK (which remains to be seen) good for You, but it's neither supported nor recommended, so proceed at your own risk :D.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thanks.

Seems that I've ended up with multiple installs. Just to be sure, cleaned out the folders and promptly got 110GB of space back. Looks like I've made a real mess of installation over the last year.

Time for a clean fresh install of v2.0, and the fun job of sorting out my keyboard controls.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I've been running just 1.5 for a while, mainly to simply maintenance of the consistency of controls for my aircraft.

You can just copy your 1.5 control files to 2.0.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thanks.

Seems that I've ended up with multiple installs. Just to be sure, cleaned out the folders and promptly got 110GB of space back. Looks like I've made a real mess of installation over the last year.

Time for a clean fresh install of v2.0, and the fun job of sorting out my keyboard controls.

Controls are saved seperately from the install. Typically savedgames>DCS>config