Expeditionary airfields

Expeditionary airfields

THose temp strips made out of perforated steel plates , laid down by combat engineers, SEABEES, AF engineers.

Random ancillary personel and equipment that go about their business on airfield. AfSec for example.

Plane captains to guide you to parking.

Follow me truck. Are those still used.

Total lights out tactical recovery on forward airfields.

Field deployable ILS.

Suppourt of airborne infantry drops. Have paratroops exit C-17 and C-130 with canopy deployments.

Flyable military version of Pilatus STOL turboprop.

I don't quite understand. What has a flyable Pilatus STOL turboprop to do with Expeditionary airfields?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I don't quite understand. What has a flyable Pilatus STOL turboprop to do with Expeditionary airfields?
...nothing. You misunderstood his posting. He just mention several different things he would like to see in DCS. It is his wishlist for several different additions.

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Expeditionary airfields

• THose temp strips made out of perforated steel plates , laid down by combat engineers, SEABEES, AF engineers.

• Random ancillary personel and equipment that go about their business on airfield.

Affect for example:-

• Plane captains to guide you to parking.
  • Follow me truck. Are those still used.
  • Total lights out tactical recovery on forward airfields.
  • Field deployable ILS.
  • Suppourt of airborne infantry drops. Have paratroops exit C-17 and C-130 with canopy deployments.
  • Flyable military version of Pilatus STOL turboprop.

FIXED - Here to help and be a good sport! :smilewink:

Also +1 on the ideas thumbup.gif

All the more goodies add to sim making it more enjoyable!

More peoples dreams are met the better for all lots of exciting work as well for devs / artist and our money flying out of our pockets and we become broke as, and I will be begging on the streets...........doh.gif :megalol:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

+1 Yes would love that

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Wagner confirmd placeable airstrips for the normandy pack, we should be able to use them in other maps too or no?

Probably yes

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Wagner confirmd placeable airstrips for the normandy pack, we should be able to use them in other maps too or no?

I think in my opinion it should be a "Combined Arms Function" like setting up missions for the Expeditionary Squadron Unit placement on a map location for supplies or makeshift airfields near the FLOT (front lines) or base commander ops centers and access to delivery of assets.

More info here...........

So yeah this feature best fit for Combined Arms Mission builder type missions, like Iraq or Afghanistan or the soon release of DCS - Strait of Hormuz MAP

DCS: Combined Arms gives you control of ground forces during the battle. Use the Command Map to move ground forces, set artillery fire missions, and control the ground battle. Assume the role of a Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) in multiplayer and designate targets for player-controlled close air support aircraft, or directly control armor vehicles or air defense weapons and engage the enemy.

Play DCS: Combined Arms as a real time strategy game, a first person armor warfare game, or direct the ground battle from the cockpit of a DCS aircraft like the A-10C Warthog, Ka-50 Black Shark, or P-51D Mustang.

DCS: Combined Arms supports both single player and multiplayer gameplay. When in multiplayer, different players can take on different roles such as artillery commanders, tank commanders, pilots, JTACS, etc. DCS: Combined Arms allows you full control of the battle. All roles can be changed dynamically during the battle.

ED-DCS Combined Arms Link:- https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/other/combined_arms/

Also perfect for a Vietnam MAP Theater of Operations.

Again true to sim and event type mission planning with realism in game-play and immersion as strategic function. :thumbup:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg