Who is able to act as JTAC ?

ex81

Hi,

I always put Humwees as JTACs on the map. Which works fine.

But what other vehicles or even Helis are able to do the job ?

For example: a huey ???

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Stryker ICV

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Any NATO object should have the FAC task available. So literally any US ground vehicle can act as a JTAC. As far as I know there is no limitation in terms of capability it provides, but the units individual sensors might play a role in what it might be able to detect. There is also the units weapon systems to consider as if it is set to invisible and has a big gun available to it, it might just take out the target itself.

In terms of aircraft anything that can do the AFAC role should be able to JTAC. Again sensors is an important thing to think about. I believe the ability for airborne JTACs to laze targets might be bugged at present. When it does work it is again limited by the aircrafts sensors.

Worth adding that the AFAC role allows for "search and engage" tasks to be added. When used the aircraft will target the enemy with non-lethal weapons like smoke rockets or illumination flares. Though it is a little silly because they treat it just like explosive rockets and you will end up with a TON of smoke marking a given target after a while.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

We usually use a MANPAD for JTAC duties, be it human or AI controlled. Set it to invisible and it won't engage any ground targets and stay where you put it..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo