2 things seem slightly out

Dave317

I won't go any further in this line of discussion. I will monitor this so it remains civil.

Understandable.

Would have preferred you alerted a mod to clean up the one or two bad apples in the thread instead though.

Quiet a few people in this topic who were being helpful and enjoyed the feedback.

Spent some time matching up pictures of NAs trying to find one from exactly the same angle as an ingame screenshot. Found one that is very close, and I think shows the difference pretty clearly.

Maybe someone with some photoshop skills can try and put them on top of each other.

Ingame NA

rtQip7r.jpg

Real NA

2UXjgrR.jpg

And a GR9 for kicks

T5SHvsh.jpg

Edited by iLOVEwindmills

rtQip7r.jpg

2UXjgrR.jpg

BkEu0RL.png

Reduce the size of the housing, changed the inclination of the lens, moved up the side slip wind vane.

I think this is how should look the Night Attack.

Edited by Automan

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

I agree with the latest posts: the shape and the size of the housing is wrong.

You have started with a gr7 project, then you have switched to N/A variant: most probably you have resized/reshaped the nose, but you've missed to reshape and resize the flir compartment, that is longer in UK's Harriers

Your gr7 for DCS

12525124_937873786299260_3483702204670489098_o.jpg?oh=240a8db9f91d284b3c0abdebf216608b&oe=59BCF669

Your NA for DCS

13923417_1079070765512894_2642732102684933669_o.jpg?oh=15092d01a806afbb3cf6595943f48ba6&oe=59B60D16

Between the 2 images, the sensor size is the same, shape not changed, only nose is shorter

Note: I respect your work, but I think you must seriously fix this thing, before the Av-8B is out...

Cheers

I think the bigger sensor looks a bit out of place on the smaller nose cone.

I can imagine that going back to change the 3D model is the last thing RAZBAM wants to do at this moment

i`m no expert but i`m guessing it involves alot more work than just a quick edit in 3dsmax.

They are pushing the Harrier out pretty fast, probably due to scheduling constraints (Release by date xxx or wait in line after F-14 / Hornet) just my guess.

anyway whether after or before release i`m sure RAZBAM will look the at this issue

so relax and enjoy the ride.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can imagine that going back to change the 3D model is the last thing RAZBAM wants to do at this moment

i`m no expert but i`m guessing it involves alot more work than just a quick edit in 3dsmax.

They are pushing the Harrier out pretty fast, probably due to scheduling constraints (Release by date xxx or wait in line after F-14 / Hornet) just my guess.

anyway whether after or before release i`m sure RAZBAM will look the at this issue

Sigh...

More acceptance for lack of attention to detail.

I mean spend all the effort going through official documents, collecting wind tunnel and performance charts. To then only burden yourself with pesky things like an eye for details. Psh!

I have some clients I want you to throw that excuse at when they ask my employer for modeling changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't think I will. This is a fairly large error, and if large errors like this are simply passed over, what else is? RAZBAM wants to be known as a serious developer in this realm, creating obvious physical inconsistencies with the real aircraft is not a good way to demonstrate that. Even if it requires delay, this is not a change that should be simply ignored.

I trust in the big job made by Razbam on the Harrier, but I would like to ear some words of his 3D artist (should be Prowler111 if I'm not wrong) on how to proceed to correct this inaccuracy.

Zeus said:

So any criticism about the size/shape of an element in the model must be very well documented indeed.

and

In those cases you must submit proof beyond a visual note for us to fix the item.

Now, we don't know what blueprint you have used (and I would like to underline that blueprint are designed by humans...), but I'm sure that the documentation/proof goal is reached...

Edited by Automan

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

Folks, I just talked with out modeller and this is what he said:

we are already aware, they should not revisit old development pictures due to continual changes. that last post such an old model that even before wings were redone
So your observations were taken into account some time ago.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Bug squashed even before it was noticed, nice job.

This is why it is called development. We appreciate the input but sometimes we are already on it long before you noticed. many times we are doing our photo ops and videos with placeholder models while the final versions are being developed.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

This is why it is called development. We appreciate the input but sometimes we are already on it long before you noticed. many times we are doing our photo ops and videos with placeholder models while the final versions are being developed.

That is what some don't seam to understand... Anyway nice to see that details are important :)

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Guys, its being taken care of

We were aware of it, not into our current priorities, Zeus told how it is, the models are in constant evolution, some notice, some not, but on each video or set of pics you see of the exterior model, something has changed

Prowler

• Like 1

Ok, thank you for this statement Prowler