New Nvidia Drivers.

I was having a problem with the Nvidia control panel disappearing It was gone as if I deleted it. The new drivers are supposed to fix the problem. If you experience the same problem get the new 382.05 drivers.

Buzz

I was having a problem with the Nvidia control panel disappearing It was gone as if I deleted it. The new drivers are supposed to fix the problem. If you experience the same problem get the new 382.05 drivers.

I am having some serious issues with that driver. DCS won't run at all with it. Everything is OK until I get into an airplane and within a few seconds, DCS has stopped working errors.

I am pretty sure it's not DCS because IL2 won't run, and Rise of Flight blinks continually after this driver install.

I'm also getting no disk in drive D errors after update. I'm going to roll back and see if it fixes the issue.

Yeah, I'm having some serious issues. I keep getting an Nvidia message that there is no disk in the D drive after the driver install. After trying to run IL2 I'm getting the following error:

D3D_ERROR

DXBufferManII::vb(..)

DGX1_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

From everything I'm reading about it, you have to roll back to a previous driver if it happens. If anyone has had this issue in the past please advise thanks.

I actually have turned back to old drivers, v358.2 ... they work just fine on my machine and the shadowplay video recording works much better than on the newer drivers.

It was about time, to stop upgrading just for the sake of upgrading ... I now value more the stability rather than just having the "newest thing" :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It was about time, to stop upgrading just for the sake of upgrading ... I now value more the stability rather than just having the "newest thing" :)

Yes, unless there is a major change, sometimes it's best to stick with what works.

I think that the problem may be solved but can't say for sure until I get DCS re-installed. I decided to re download it and start over.

But, The new Nvidia drivers seem to work with other flight sims now so I think I fixed the issue.

It seems that Windows 10 performed the driver update rather than the Nvidia DM. One of the features I hate about Windows 10. It does all this stuff without telling you. I though I had Windows updater off but I guess not. Anyway. I uninstalled all of my Nvidia related software and reinstalled it via the Nvidia DM and everything seems to work now.

I sure wish ED would make a MAC compatible version of DCS because I can't stand Windows. I had no idea that Windows had updated anything.

That's a big problem with Win 10. It doesn't ask us anymore if we want updates. It never asked me when it installed Win 10 to begin with.

If I turn off updates it turns it back on. Cripes!

Buzz

That's funny. I've never had a graphics driver update via windows. I turned auto-update devices off back when 10 was released initially through the insider program. Through out all of the updates, including CU, it has never gotten turned back on. Just lucky I guess.

if you want to disable updates on windows 10 you can open a dos window as administrator and use

sc config BITS start= disabled

sc failure BITS reset= 86400 actions= //////

net stop BITS

sc config wuauserv start= disabled

sc failure wuauserv reset= 86400 actions= //////

net stop wuauserv

if you want to disable ms installer service (to stop stupid apps being re-installed after you remove them) use:

sc config msiserver start= disabled

sc failure msiserver reset= 86400 actions= //////

net stop msiserver

I have attached a bat file with a menu on it (easier to use) must run it as admin tho

update_control.zip

Edited by wash_hoban
  • Like 1

Still rockin Windows 7 64bit

As a new Creator updatee, I just discovered the driver update nonsense indirectly. I was having a problem with Firefox and its viewport going completely black randomly after the update. After a lot of thrashing, I discovered how to disable the auto driver updating. After more thrashing with Safe Mode, DDU, etc., I violated best practices and installed 368.81 over top of the existing drivers. Problem solved. All of the 378.xx drivers I tried crapped out Firefox for me.

Will this Creators update remain optional or will it be pushed out eventually to all Win 10 users?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Will this Creators update remain optional or will it be pushed out eventually to all Win 10 users?

according to the EULA Microsoft has the authority to force them onto your system. You can delay it up to a certain date, from then on it must either update or refuse to operate iirc ( license valid till...term )

This only counts for MS updates etc... NOT for any Nvidia, AMD, xyz drivers and updates.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I can't wait till ReactOS is usable so we can rid ourselves of microsoft crap forever!

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

• 3 weeks later...

Dont count on reactOS as a gaming-OS alternative, and even if it's years into the future until ....

BTW: I have just run out of that EULA time with one of my machines running Previews, it warns you and you have "5 hours" until it shuts down. Either 5h runs only or update to newer build.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X