Need some tips flying the Mig vs Sabre

Werewolf1025

So I used to fly the Mig back when it first came out and have taken a hiatus away from it. But for the last few months I've been flying it online again. I can hold my own defensively pretty well but when it comes to offensive fighting I need some tips.

I usually start my engagements at high altitude to draw the F-86's in to my contrail, once they grab the bait I will then lure them down to altitude and get them slow. From there if they fall for the bait and get slow its an easy to win turn fight and I've had great success using this against most pilots.

Its the ones who do not fall for the turn fight where I am powerless, if they are an experienced pilot they will use the strengths of the F-86 and stay fast and stay high. If I try to match them I am much too slow to catch them and If I try to turn I loose all my energy and repeats the process. I've just had three dogfights where I am the Cat struggling to catch the fast mouse, 2 of which resulted in both of us running out of fuel. I've tried the approach of breaking off and getting altitude again but in all cases the F-86 will catch up and rocket past me to altitude eventually getting on my six.

How do you guys deal with this issue? No matter the tactic I will never be close enough for the shot unless he gets slow, otherwise he seems to have every advantage over me.

Use aileron only when absolutely necessary - I think the FM is bugged.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=182586

Come to think of it I think I have noticed this also, I will investigate myself as well. Back in the days when it was first released it seemed to be a much more suitable fighter against the F-86. Nowadays it seems like a dog to fight with.

Use aileron only when absolutely necessary - I think the FM is bugged.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=182586

Without any specific info (G-loads, AoA, etc) it's impossible to tell, if it's an issue. Plane will loose speed quickly on AoA barrel rolls + sideslip.

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

Try Mig Alley

Dear ФрогФут:

Try flying multiplayer in Sea Quark's Mig Alley server and you'll see for yourself! I pm'd Mi8 and he said he'd look into it.....the Sabres are really taking it to the Migs!

Regards

P

Edited by Pauldoe

Dear ФрогФут:

Try flying multiplayer in Sea Quark's Mig Alley server and you'll see for yourself! I pm'd Mi8 and he said he'd look into it.....the Sabres are really taking it to the Migs!

Regards

P

I've noticed that too.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control