WW11 Alpha loading problem

taxman1

I don't know is this has been addressed else where, I have the map and icon on my desk top however when I try to start this error message appears "cannot open missing' VCRUNTIME140.dll.' When I do a web search I come across many help articles that can fixed this issue of course for a price. My current 1.5xxx beta is up to date and runs just fine with out the dll.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 part issues

1st. I did get the map and planes, and was able to do one flight then DCS stopped working. Rebooted and tried the same flight again however it would only load to 3/4 on the bar and then the message "DCS has stopped working". My Normandy map is the 2.1.0.4772 ver.

My system specs:

Win 7, 64bit

CPU i7-4790K 4.00ghs

GPU GTX 980ti 6 gigs

my Nvidia driver is 368.81

1TB ssd.

2nd. Is the Normandy map also usable with the 1.5.6.4818 ver? My 1.5.6 ver loads just fine and is playable with Caucus map only, I may have not have understood right but I thought the Normandy map also worked with 1.5.6.

Thanks in advance for any help.

For question 1 it may help to post your logs to see what is going on. For question 2, no Normandy is only available for 2.1 at the moment.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

The Normandy map at this stage is a completely separate instal, and has its own executable.

The whole program needs to be treated as independent of 1.5 or 2.0 for now.

This will change at a later stage when things get merged.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Rangi I did find the logs, but being an old fart, how would I post the logs, BTW I did convert the latest log to note pad. I tried once more to start it up but no go, which did create a log.

One other thought I do have an old install on my storage drive G: this is where my original install was and when the updater started running that is where it looked for my install. About a year and half ago I moved the DCS bata to my C: drive, so I am wondering if that may be causing the problem? I could put a -in front of my G: drive install, delete the DCS WW11 folder and start all over again.

Again thank for your help.

Looks like the threads have been merged and I assume that means the answer to your problem is in the runtimes as mentioned at the start of this thread.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

My thought is to do a complete reinstall, yes I did the runtimes update. However the issue remains, when I try to fly a single mission the load screen stops around 3/4 and hangs. I then must Alt, Ctrl, Delete and in Windows Task Manager Applications DCS exe is listed as not responding, so I just end the task.

Hope that cthulhu68 will have time to look at the file I send.

Again thanks.

• ED Team

Make sure windows is fully updated and all drivers

run dcs as administrator

add dcs to your antivrus allowed list

try a cleanup and repair ( guide in my signature )

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hope that cthulhu68 will have time to look at the file I send.

I'm not a log-deciphering guru. I do see a lot of terrain errors which could be normal and a lot of sound errors which you usually don't see but being such an early release hard to say if that points to an issue.

Did the clean up and repair, no go. When starting a mission DCS exe just stops working at about 75% load. I wonder if java drives are out of date. Installing the latest java now, see if that's the problem.

If not then a complete reinstall, do it this weekend.

Just up dated Java, no go, same problem. I'll just go for a complete reinstall this weekend.

Thanks guys.

Edited by taxman1
Added a line

my Nvidia driver is 368.81

Hi, if your driver is still 368 it`s really outdated AFAIK. They are on 382 now (http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/118514/en-us). Give it a try before reinstalling everything.

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

• ED Team
Thanks EagleEye, that was the last step I was going to do before reinstalling.

In looking over my Alpha WW11 install it comes in at 31.8GB I don't know if that is right?

yes mine is 32GB with some modules installed also

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks guys, I installed the latest Nvidia drivers and all is well. Started by setting up my flight controls and took out the P51 and Spit for flight around Normandy for about 45 minutes.

Again thanks for all your help:thumbup: