F-14 Quick Question

Destroyer37

Will we have the ANVIS 9 or a similar night vision goggle capability in the F-14?

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

Q: Will Night Vision be available?

A: Yes..

Yes! ^^

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not sure if the statement concerning NVGs still applies. The F-14 fleet received NVG compatible instrument lighting as part of the LANTIRN upgrade in the mid-late 90s. Since the current goal seems to be oriented towards the initial configuration of the F-14A+/B (~1988-1994), it probably shouldn't be NVG compatible.

That might be more of a feature for the "next step in the F-14 journey" that Cobra referred to.

Just my 2 cents. :)

-Nick

When coming a preview movie for the cat ?? Greets mike

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

When coming a preview movie for the cat ?? Greets mike

I don't know if there are any scheduled for near future, but there were several good ones so far. :thumbup:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache