Flankertraining.com closing

Ironhand

It's had a long run but the time has come to close the site. I no longer have the time to devote to the sim that I once did and it's become hard to justify the expense, especially when I create new content so infrequently.

Since most everything had been converted to video, anyway, the site has resurrected itself as the Flankertraining.com channel on YouTube. This is where any new content will be published: Flankertraining.com on YouTube.

Thanks to all.

• Like 6

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• ED Team

Thanks for letting us know Ironhand, it was a great help for me when I first started.

Good to see you will still have the youtube

S!

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Sad, but understandable.

Farewell.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

It feels like a lifetime ago that I came across your website and training videos.

Thanks for all the helpful content over the years. Hopefully you find a little more time in the future - The DCS community sorely needs more people like you!

476th vFG Alumni

Thanks for all those tips when I was starting out all those years ago. Your videos were a godsend before the days of youtube, and even now, they are still some of the best training videos you can find anywhere.

Subscribed.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Thanks for your time and dedication, Ironhand, it was your fabulous site that got me started with LOMAC back in the days, your quality tutorials helped me get solid basics in all FC aircraft and I'm sure there are thousands of people out there who had a similar experience.

As a Content creator myself, I know first hand that closing the site is not the end, merely the start of something better and the experience you have accumulated along the way will never be lost.

Thanks again, sir.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

I was already a subscriptor of your channel, but its still sad that your website will close ... I´ve just checked and its already closed :( bummer, was going to see if there was any document worth of saving.

I know that videos are the way of the future, but I actually like the written guides much better, like this one for example:

http://www.mudspike.com/dcs-f-15c-combat-guide-for-beginners/

Anyway, thanks a lot for all of your contribution to this community and hope that you will keep updating your YT channel. Cheers.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Forever remembered. That used to be one of the first Flanker community 3rd party sites, ever. o7

Nowadays everything goes YT... ;)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Thank you the old LOMAC A-10 training..

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

I cant thank you enough for the wealth of information you bestowed upon me during the early days of LOMAC all the way to DCS Su-27 and F-15C. Sad enough, but I'm a devoted fan and will always be. Looking forward to new content.

WBK

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Thanks, folks. It's gratifying to know that my past efforts have been so appreciated. :) I'll still be publishing things from time to time. They will most probably not be as involved as some of my earlier work, though.

It has been a long ride. I started Flankertraining.com around the middle of August, 2001. God, the time goes by fast! Before that, there was the old Ironhand site dedicated to SEAD. (I was under the mistaken impression at the time that the Russian forces referred to SEAD as "Ironhand" and, hence, the site's name.) So, anyway, it has been a long time.

Thanks again to all.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Thank you for what you have done for the community :)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

It has been a long ride. I started Flankertraining.com around the middle of August, 2001. God, the time goes by fast!

16 years!

Yes, I remember the good old Flanker 2.0 days when MP was unplayable, and we did offline competitions...:joystick:

Thanks for all your work during all this time.

blibet suber!

😄

ray

Swiss Jet Team Movie 2021

Thanks, folks. It's gratifying to know that my past efforts have been so appreciated. :) I'll still be publishing things from time to time. They will most probably not be as involved as some of my earlier work, though.

It has been a long ride. I started Flankertraining.com around the middle of August, 2001. God, the time goes by fast! Before that, there was the old Ironhand site dedicated to SEAD. (I was under the mistaken impression at the time that the Russian forces referred to SEAD as "Ironhand" and, hence, the site's name.) So, anyway, it has been a long time.

Thanks again to all.

Those old SEAD and SAM evasion lessons were the best part of Flanker. Thanks so much for the contributions over the years!

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Thanks for your efforts in sharing the experience, Rich. The Flanker 2 times although mostly offline were indeed good ones. Everything was driven by pure enthusiasm, your site(s) being a typical example. Hope you'll stick around.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

A Big thx you for all that you have done:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

An institution!

Learn't a lot from this site in the past.

Makes sense man, youtube channel will certainly do the trick and save beer money.

Best of luck and thanks!

S

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro