SMART ARTILLERY IA

ESAc_matador

So find attached my last script.

WIth this, the IA will select targets through observers... (works for both sides...)

You just need to run "Mist", "Artillery 1.02.lua" adn teh following command.

artilleryIA("obs1", "art1")

so, obs1 is the name of the group of observers and art1 the name of the group of the guns.

You can edit few things at the beggining of the lua

probability_level = 60 -- If there are units in LOS with the observer, the probability to start shooting is 60...

tiempominimo = 100 -- minumum time for every loop

tiempomaximo = 200 -- max time for every loop

radiodebombardeo = 200 -- dispersion

cantidaddedisparos = 15 -- number of rounds for each loop

rangodeteccionobs = 5000 -- detection range from the observer, THIS IS NOT THE RANGE OF THE BATTERIES!!!

activarmensajeunderfire = true -- mesage of targeted group asking for help

That s it!!!

artillery 1.02.rar

Edited by ESAc_matador

Good job mate. It would be very nice if you translate it in English.

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Find attached the script in .lua file in english.

Next version with the message asking for support, will be given the location with a message like...

Here "groupname" we are under heavy artillery fire at Lat Long N 43°23'2'' E 043°23,2' / Bullseye 295° 24km!!!, we need air support!!! "

Then CAS can come to help at this location looking for enemy artillery.

artillery 1.02 English.lua

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to get your example mission included in the .rar file in DCS 1.5. I've tried selecting blue/red/spectator but nothing happens. I'm looking at the various vehicles using F7, nothing is active. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm trying to get your example mission included in the .rar file in DCS 1.5. I've tried selecting blue/red/spectator but nothing happens. I'm looking at the various vehicles using F7, nothing is active. Am I doing something wrong?

How long did you wait?

I suggest to stay in one of the batteries, and acelera time.

What the script makes....

It takes every 4 or 5 minutes, and check the enemy units that are watched by an observer. Then, "roll a dice" so there is a x% probability that the bateries will sat firing. But it could happen that they stay holding weapons long time... everytime is different, and everytime it can choose different target. It is very dynamic to use it for the enemy iA.... it can ruin your grunts day!!! Yesterday I made an helicopter assault.... and a bunch of 120 mm blew he first wave away!!!

However... i ll check it again.

Edit>

COnfirmed,it works great.!!

Edited by ESAc_matador
  • Like 1

Hi ESAc_matador,

I got it working. Yes you were right I wasn't waiting long enough. I built an example mission using a Paladin battery and a Reaper/observer. It worked great!

Also you mentioned in the CTLD thread you used a "Smart moving enemies" script. Is that located somewhere on the forum?

Thanks again for the script.

AI arty with reaper as observer.miz

Edited by marginal

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...