High Drag CCIP symbology

Pochi

Hello,

I am trying hard to get a proper High Drag bombs delivery using the training mission. I can not get the symbology to display in the HUD properly. If flying level with right parameters, M0.85 and 130 m AGL, HUD remains blank. It seems I can get the circle and dot to display if I push forward a bit or if I fly as low as 100 m.

How do you guys deliver the HD bombs? Am I doing something wrong?

I request some help there,

Best regards,

Pierre

Pochi,

After some experimenting, I found the symbology - You have to have the HUD in its lower position and the SLAV SI switch= FRAN (in its left position - not mentioned in the training session, I believe) and as said abv. you have to fly really low to find the symbology

Pochi,

After some experimenting, I found the symbology - You have to have the HUD in its lower position and the SLAV SI switch= FRAN (in its left position - not mentioned in the training session, I believe) and as said abv. you have to fly really low to find the symbology

number one reason for a blank hud is the speed, you can get the hud piper also when you are higher if you are much faster.... if you dont see anything in your HUD you are propably to slow. Lower position on the Hud helps a lot, but i dont need it at all if the speed is high

Edited by whaaw

SFMBE

Thanks for the advices,

Flying lower than 100 m seems really low to me, but I don't know how it was done in real life.

Also I doubt that flying faster than M0.9 is realistic. Never heard of ground deliveries at speed so close to M1.0 or faster. But once again I am no expert^^

I will try with SLAVE SI switch in FrAN then,

Best regards,

Pierre

Wasn't the QFE given in that tutorial mission incorrect?

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Flying 80 m AGL and M0.9 with SLAVE SI to FRAN I managed to get the symbology displayed at the bottom of the HUD and deliver the bombs. However the time line still remains well below HUD frame. I need to raise the seat to see it and it is not very conveniant to fly at the same time with such unatural point of view. The time line was flashing, I wonder what it mean?

Pierre

try to deliver the boms with mach .7 and not over 50 meter AGL. this is the natural behaviour for the viggen and the use of CCIP. this aircraft ist designed to fly low and fast. and the high drag boms detonate when you are gone away.

btw, the time line is not necessary. stay in NAV mode, pull trigger once for unsafe and aim the target between the greater and the smaller circle. if it reach the greater circle pull and hold the trigger to release the boms.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

sorry to bring up such an old post but I started playing again with the Viggen in DCS2.5 and I still struggle to find the correct profile for a good M71 HD release.

I now use the training missions pack available in the user files for training CCIP delivery. I am able to see the correct symbology but I keep seeing that the timeline bar is always flashing when the release symbology is over the target. If I refer to the manual, it seems it means that the bombs drop time is inferior to the required arming time. As such, it is a invalid release for me ( even if the bombs release). Am I the only one to think that a timeline should not be flashing during the release or did I misunderstand the manual? Following above advices I was flying 60-70 m AGL at M0.85 during the release.

Also, when releasing as low as 60 m AGL, it seems my bombs are falling short of the target even if I press the release button when the dot and circle are on the target.

I am starting to wonder if there is something wrong with M71HD CCIP delivery in the game...

Any pro got an insight about that?

Best regards,

Pierre